1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Jul '21 04:24
    @eladar said
    @sonhouse

You do know that getting vaccinated is supposed to give you immunity exactly the same way as actually getting sick.

Immunity from vaccination is no better than immunity as a result of getting sick and fighting off the virus.

Perhaps you are too stupid to know how vaccines work.
    Actually that is not completely accurate:

"While we know recovering from a COVID-19 infection means you will have circulating antibodies in your system, we are still learning about how the immune system handles the antibody response after a natural infection. We’re not sure how protective the antibodies are from different kinds of infections — such as an asymptomatic infection versus a symptomatic infection. With vaccination, we know that people with healthy immune systems are getting a great antibody response. So I would recommend vaccination even after a COVID-19 infection to get the best protection."

https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/forefront/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/do-i-need-a-vaccine-if-i-had-covid

The main point being the natural immunity response might vary among individuals.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Jul '21 04:26
    @shavixmir
    The really sad part in the US is this: One hundred years ago with the pitiful science of the 1920's, the Spanish Flu killed near 700,000 here.
    So here we are ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF MEDICAL DEVELOPMENT and because of Trump, we are STILL closing in on the 1921 flu deaths.
    I would LOVE to hear the ultrarightwinnuts here tell how GREAT Trump handled the pandemic.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '21 04:39
    @shavixmir said
    Yeah. So they’re spouting live virusses into people.
    🙄

Shut up!

But let’s switch this little piggy of a debate around and get it going somewhere constructive:

What do you think should happen?
    How do you think we should get this virus under control?
    Do you think we should just let it rip and see what happens?

Come on. Give us your critical take and tell us, i ...[text shortened]... anking.

Share your wisdom with us Metalbrain.
    Enlighten us.
    Now is your chance to really shine!
    https://www.unz.com/mwhitney/the-killer-in-the-bloodstream-the-spike-protein/

Isolate the elderly and immune compromised. Allow HCQ to be sold in stores to prepare for the early stages of infection. Allow Ivermectin to be used for treatment. Recommend vitamin D and Selenium rich foods to vegetarians. Let the rest of the population get the SARS2 virus. De-isolate the elderly and immune compromised.

Enjoy a healthy economy.
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Jul '21 04:39

Removed by poster

5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Jul '21 04:43
    @metal-brain said
    https://www.unz.com/mwhitney/the-killer-in-the-bloodstream-the-spike-protein/

Isolate the elderly and immune compromised. Allow HCQ to be sold in stores to prepare for the early stages of infection. Allow Ivermectin to be used for treatment. Recommend vitamin D and Selenium rich foods to vegetarians. Let the rest of the population get the SARS2 virus. De-isolate the elderly and immune compromised.

Enjoy a healthy economy.
    Well, America, there you have your answer.

I’m sure every government and health agency in the world, who all disagree with Metalbrain, have an equal chance of being wrong and him being correct.

Go for it.

Oh. How do you see the elderly being isolated? And what is HCQ… I’m worried about your answer to that actually…
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '21 04:48
    @shavixmir said

I’m sure every government and health agency in the world, who all disagree with Metalbrain, have an equal chance of being wrong and him being correct.

Go for it.

Oh. How do you see the elderly being isolated? And what is HCQ… I’m worried about your answer to that actually…
    You are spreading disinformation. Sweden does not disagree with me.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/scientific-corona-lies-and-big-pharma-corruption-hydroxychloroquine-versus-gileads-remdesivir/5717718
  7. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Jul '21 14:24
    @metal-brain said
    Asking why has no bearing on the fact they did that. I am not making this up. You have the CDC website saying they changed the way they count breakthrough cases. Do you not believe your own eyes?

The WHO admits there screwed up in regards to PCR tests.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/nucleic-acid-testing-technologies-use-polymerase-chain-reaction-pcr-detection-sars-co ...[text shortened]... h profit Pfizer is making? Do you have any clue at all? Greed makes no sense? What are you thinking?
    The only way in which greed makes sense in this particular scenario is if we're not living in a base reality but instead are all part of a James Bond movie.

What's missing? Sharks with laser beams on their heads, sent by Fauci to manipulate more data.

Seriously, though, you're posting articles that don't actually show data manipulation. They're doing the best they can to provide accurate data, and transparently explain why and how they are doing things in specific ways. Why would they post it on their website if they're deliberately manipulating data on Pfizer's behalf? Makes no sense.
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    16 Jul '21 14:37
    @sonhouse said
    @shavixmir
    The really sad part in the US is this: One hundred years ago with the pitiful science of the 1920's, the Spanish Flu killed near 700,000 here.
    So here we are ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF MEDICAL DEVELOPMENT and because of Trump, we are STILL closing in on the 1921 flu deaths.
    Aren't you some sort of math professional?

Did you skip the lesson on denominators?
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    16 Jul '21 14:47
    @shavixmir said
    Yeah. So they’re spouting live virusses into people.
    🙄

Shut up!

But let’s switch this little piggy of a debate around and get it going somewhere constructive:

Come on. Give us your critical take and tell us, i ...[text shortened]... anking.

Share your wisdom with us Metalbrain.
    Enlighten us.
    Now is your chance to really shine!
    I know you asked MB, but I'll take the liberty of answering:

=== Now that we have excellent vaccines, nothing. Of course I think people should get vaxxed. Myself, my wife and our two teenaged daughters are all vaxxed. My son turned 12 yesterday (I announced his birth on this forum - wow, time flies), and I'm taking him to get his vax on Monday. But I don't think you need to force anyone to get vaccinated. If you don't want to get vaccinated, that's your problem. Enough people have gotten vaxxed to avoid overwhelming the healthcare system, which was ever the only legitimate justification for government-coerced lockdowns.

=== Impossible, without fundamentally changing the nature of our society. COVID is here to stay, like the common cold and the flu are. There is nothing anyone can do to get rid of COVID that is not far worse than the disease.

=== Now that we have effective vaccines, yes. (See above)
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    16 Jul '21 14:52
    @shavixmir said

Go for it.

HCQ is hydroxchloroquine.

Unfortunately, it has proven to be ineffective at treating COVID in spite of the early optimism (that Trump promoted it last Spring is irrelevant, of course).

Ivermectin is the new HCQ, though I can't say I'm thrilled by the last few RCT results.

Vitamin D is, I think, proven to help, but it's not a cure. Monoclonal antibody treatments definitely help, but they're hard to administer and have to be administered early to help.

Thankfully, we have effective vaccines now that anyone can walk into a pharmacy and get any time they like (at least in the US). As such, at least in the US, COVID is no longer a public health emergency as far as I'm concerned. It's preventable, which makes it more akin to obesity or alcoholism.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '21 15:45
    @no1marauder said
    Actually that is not completely accurate:

"While we know recovering from a COVID-19 infection means you will have circulating antibodies in your system, we are still learning about how the immune system handles the antibody response after a natural infection. We’re not sure how protective the antibodies are from different kinds of infections — such as an asymptomatic i ...[text shortened]... e-if-i-had-covid

The main point being the natural immunity response might vary among individuals.
    Ok, COVID is something never seen before, a virus which you cannot acquire immunity naturally.

I suppose you can believe that if you like. I believe it is clap trap proposed by people who stand to benefit (or friends and relatives) from selling vaccines.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '21 15:48
    @sh76 said

Unfortunately, it has proven to be ineffective at treating COVID in spite of the early optimism (that Trump promoted it last Spring is irrelevant, of course).

Ivermectin is the new HCQ, though I can't say I'm thrilled by the last few RCT results.

Vitamin D is, I think, proven to help, but it's not a cure. Monoclonal antibody treatments definite ...[text shortened]... rgency as far as I'm concerned. It's preventable, which makes it more akin to obesity or alcoholism.
    Studies show that being vitamin D deficient makes you 80 percent more likely to get COVID. Studies also show that if you give high levels of vitamin D to vitamin D deficient deaths and ICU admittance drop at least 50 percent.

Some studies say that 80 percent of Americans are vitamin D deficient.

Natural solutions are better than genetically modified virus slutions.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '21 16:43
    @wildgrass said
    The only way in which greed makes sense in this particular scenario is if we're not living in a base reality but instead are all part of a James Bond movie.

What's missing? Sharks with laser beams on their heads, sent by Fauci to manipulate more data.

Seriously, though, you're posting articles that don't actually show data manipulation. They're doing the best they can ...[text shortened]... st it on their website if they're deliberately manipulating data on Pfizer's behalf? Makes no sense.
    The CDC admits it. Stop denying the source!

The whole world is driven by greed. Even a strong ape knows how to hoard food. Greed is the most primitive instinct in the world. Stop being an idiot!
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '21 16:46
    @sh76 said

Vitamin D is, I think, proven to help, but it's not a cure. Monoclonal antibody treatments definite ...[text shortened]... rgency as far as I'm concerned. It's preventable, which makes it more akin to obesity or alcoholism.
    "Unfortunately, it has proven to be ineffective at treating COVID in spite of the early optimism (that Trump promoted it last Spring is irrelevant, of course)."

You are willfully ignorant. You ignore facts in favor of bias. You are a hopeless ignoramus. You are extremely close minded.
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    16 Jul '21 17:13
    @metal-brain said
    "Unfortunately, it has proven to be ineffective at treating COVID in spite of the early optimism (that Trump promoted it last Spring is irrelevant, of course)."

You are willfully ignorant. You ignore facts in favor of bias. You are a hopeless ignoramus. You are extremely close minded.
    Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree