Cause of forest fires

Cause of forest fires

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
31 Aug 18

Originally posted by @athousandyoung
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_temperature_record
Learn the difference between weather and climate and get back to me.

g
The man himself

Totally lost

Moves
31 Aug 18

Forest fires have been a natural phenomenon in history. They are a part of the carbon cycle.

Humans cause there to be more fires now but the total area burnt is lower because humans also work to put them out.

MB

Moves
31 Aug 18

Originally posted by @gumbie
Forest fires have been a natural phenomenon in history. They are a part of the carbon cycle.

Humans cause there to be more fires now but the total area burnt is lower because humans also work to put them out.
It depends where the fire starts. Some fires are so far from sight it takes time to know there is a fire at all, then it takes more time to get to it.
Some tree species depend on forest fires for reproduction. The DNR does controlled burning of forest areas here in MI.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
31 Aug 18

Tin-foil hat wearing progressives™ hate carbon dioxide and anyone responsible for emitting carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide keeps our forests alive. Obviously, progressives™ hate forests.

The logical conclusion is, any arsonist that starts a forest fire is most likely a progressive™ democrat. Own it.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
31 Aug 18

Originally posted by @gumbie

There ain't no "cycle" here.

http://www.planetforlife.com/co2history/index.html

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
31 Aug 18

Originally posted by @metal-brain
Learn the difference between weather and climate and get back to me.
Weather is over a short period of time and is localized. Global temperatures over decades ain't weather.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
31 Aug 18

According to King, the Fort McMurray fire was so severe thanks to “the effects of El Nino and historic forest management decisions.”

One summer is NOT evidence it is caused by global warming. Learn the difference between weather and climate and get back to me.
You so know that California and Australia are both becoming increasingly drier?
Year after year.. not just one year.

I reckon it’s caused by surfer babes in bikinis.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
31 Aug 18

Originally posted by @shavixmir

California is uninhabitable. What, with all the liberals concentrated there and all. The harsh weather just makes it worse.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
31 Aug 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
California is uninhabitable. What, with all the liberals concentrated there and all. The harsh weather just makes it worse.
You've clearly never been to Venice Beach.

w

Moves
31 Aug 18

Forest fires are caused by a lot of different things, mostly from lightning and careless people who play with fire. Despite the known causes of forest fires there are lots of very stupid people who blame it on global warming.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/03/160308105625.htm

Global warming leads to a general increase in rainfall. The assertion that a warmer planet leads to more droughts is false. It is a myth.
For future reference, here is a comprehensive list of things caused by global warming.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/globalwarming2.html

😵

MB

Moves
31 Aug 18

Weather is over a short period of time and is localized. Global temperatures over decades ain't weather.
Good. Now you know one summer is weather. It was a dry summer and that was weather, not climate.

MB

Moves
31 Aug 18

Originally posted by @shavixmir

What is your source of information?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
31 Aug 18
1 edit

Good. Now you know one summer is weather. It was a dry summer and that was weather, not climate.
I posted a table with decades of global temperature information you pendejo

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
31 Aug 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
Good. Tell all your friends. We don’t want you.

MB

Moves
01 Sep 18

I posted a table with decades of global temperature information you pendejo
You said this:

"You so know that California and Australia are both becoming increasingly drier?"

Since you will not give your source of info you must have made the whole thing up. Lie much?