22 Feb '21 15:09
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    LOL
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 15:34
    @no1marauder said
    When will "these cops" realize they are not above the law and stop using excessive and deadly force unnecessarily in such situations?
    Just out of curiosity, are they supposed to enforce laws on the books or not? Is jaywalking something someone can be cited for in California? They can't issue a ticket to someone unwilling to cooperate with receiving said citation, so what is the proper course of action? Do field officers officially have the authority to choose which laws are to be enforced in the state of California depending on the mood of the suspect? If its a bull crap law, get rid of it.
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 23:08
    @joe-shmo said
    Just out of curiosity, are they supposed to enforce laws on the books or not? Is jaywalking something someone can be cited for in California? They can't issue a ticket to someone unwilling to cooperate with receiving said citation, so what is the proper course of action? Do field officers officially have the authority to choose which laws are to be enforced in the state of California depending on the mood of the suspect? If its a bull crap law, get rid of it.
    Maybe they should keep the law in principle but with a caveat that if enforcing said law means shooting someone at point blank range probably don’t bother.
  6. Joined
    13 Feb '21
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 23:151 edit
    @kevcvs57

Agreed.

The one cop said "don't make case law" but the other cop wanted to be a hard ass.

2 sides to the coin though...

Cops need to reign back the power trip and people need to stop resisting cops just for the sake of resisting them.

It's a cultural problem.

That bum was just going to get a ticket that he obviously wasn't going to pay and the courts wouldn't care.
    Acting up and resisting is retarded.

"What seems to be the problem officer?"

It's not that hard.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 23:33
    @kevcvs57 said
    Maybe they should keep the law in principle but with a caveat that if enforcing said law means shooting someone at point blank range probably don’t bother.
    that is not what happened...you lie too much
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 00:47
    @joe-shmo said
    What does that rant have to do with my post? The objection wasn't to cops "enforcing the law" but to them not obeying it. Here's the California law defining when deadly force may be used and it seems obvious the cops didn't follow it. https://post.ca.gov/Use-of-Force-Standards
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 13:041 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    that is not what happened...you lie too much
    No your lying again I tell the truth to the best of my ability all the time whilst you lie to the best of your ability. Fortunately for the truth your best is nothing like good enough.
    I watched the video I know what I saw.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree