Biden clearly dictates, violates the Constitution

Biden clearly dictates, violates the Constitution

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Como

Moves
37d

This a sobering state of affairs, as practiced by President Biden. Talk about Democracy infringement...
Please see that he does not have the power to forgive the tuition debt. The court was clear, no authority. He is brazenly defying, and brags about it. "SCOTUS won't stop me." Changed his method, yes, but the same legal principles that make it unconstitutional still apply. He is not canceling any debt.......He is TRANSFERRING billions in debt from borrowers to taxpayers.....only the congress has the power to do that.
SCOTUS explained that. He does not care about separation of powers....WHO is the dictator? Who is the threat to democracy?????
11 states have coalesced to block this. It is grossly unfair, paying for those who went to college with money from those who didn't.
This is his pattern. Think about his eviction moratorium, the vaccine mandate, the racially discriminatory farm program, all of these are clearly lawless.....but he went ahead and did it. The court rules (properly) agianst him, and he turns it all into pure politics and rails agains the high court and rallies to stack the court.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
37d

@averagejoe1 said
This a sobering state of affairs, as practiced by President Biden. Talk about Democracy infringement...
Please see that he does not have the power to forgive the tuition debt. The court was clear, no authority. He is brazenly defying, and brags about it. "SCOTUS won't stop me." Changed his method, yes, but the same legal principles that make it unconstitutional sti ...[text shortened]... he turns it all into pure politics and rails agains the high court and rallies to stack the court.
Ohhhhh… he sounds like a right old nazi!

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
37d

@averagejoe1 said
Please see that he does not have the power to forgive the tuition debt. The court was clear, no authority. He is brazenly defying, and brags about it. "SCOTUS won't stop me." Changed his method, yes, but the same legal principles that make it unconstitutional sti ...[text shortened]... he turns it all into pure politics and rails agains the high court and rallies to stack the court.
You know, you can look this stuff up, right?

Higher Education Act of 1965
[P.L. 89–329; Approved November 8, 1965]
[As Amended Through P.L. 118–40, Enacted March 1, 2024]

SEC. 432. ø20 U.S.C. 1082¿ LEGAL POWERS AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
(a) GENERAL POWERS.—In the performance of, and with respect to, the functions, powers, and duties, vested in him by this part,
the Secretary may—
(6) enforce, pay, compromise, waive, or release any right, title, claim, lien, or demand, however acquired, including any equity or any right of redemption.

So the Secretary of Education can forgive all student loans. Congress DEMOCRATICALLY gave him that power and President (geez, who was that? oh right) JOHNSON signed this bill into law.

This power has been there, on the books, for the last 59 years. If you didn't like that, you could have made a case to repeal it at any time.

SCOTUS is not a legislative body. They have no right to 'legislate from the bench.'

They can decide if this law follows the Constitution, and if the Admin is following the law. That's it.

That's DEMOCRACY.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
37d

@spruce112358
None of that matters, they will weaponize MILK SHAKES if that could denigrate Biden.

Lake Como

Moves
37d
1 edit

@spruce112358 said

(a) GENERAL POWERS.—In the performance of, and with respect to, the functions, powers, and duties, vested in him by this part,
the ...[text shortened]... law follows the Constitution, and if the Admin is following the law. That's it.

That's DEMOCRACY.
I don’t have a research boiler room like marauder does, so not about to delve into all that, I have heard enough lawyers in various venues, make it very clear that he has not the power to do things that he does. You know what I know what everybody knows. Let us just say that it is all open to interpretation, and the lawyers I have heard have interpreted in my opinion properly. Get real… The Supreme Court has ruled, and he is going around that ruling. That is enough to tilt it a little bit would you not say?
When Trump gets in there, and starts doing some of the same things, Sunhouse We have to be admitted into an asylum. I will write him while he is there, and say this is no difference, as Biden was doing the same thing.
PS: I do indeed have such a boiler room, but I am retired and not going to get into that source.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
36d

@AverageJoe1
Of COURSE you don't want to actually research what Spruce posted since it would make your orange jesus look bad, can't have THAT can we? Why don't you do your whataboutism and post the 15 wonderful things X45 did, that way you can counter whatever Spruce put up. Of course that won't happen since the only links you would put up would be newsmax and ONA or whatever that ultrarightwingnut site is called.

Moves
36d

@spruce112358 said

the ...[text shortened]... law follows the Constitution, and if the Admin is following the law. That's it.

That's DEMOCRACY.
it appears the hea is not in effect

“The current HEA was last reauthorized in 2008 and expired at the end of fiscal year 2014.“

https://www.acenet.edu/Policy-Advocacy/Pages/HEA-ED/Higher-Education-Act.aspx

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
36d

@averagejoe1 said
I don’t have a research boiler room like marauder does, so not about to delve into all that, I have heard enough lawyers in various venues, make it very clear that he has not the power to do things that he does. You know what I know what everybody knows. Let us just say that it is all open to interpretation, and the lawyers I have heard have interpreted in my opinion prop ...[text shortened]...
PS: I do indeed have such a boiler room, but I am retired and not going to get into that source.
Hahaha yeah just pick a convenient lie by a partisan liar, screw reality if it don’t match your fever dream joe. πŸ‘

Lake Como

Moves
36d

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
Of COURSE you don't want to actually research what Spruce posted since it would make your orange jesus look bad, can't have THAT can we? Why don't you do your whataboutism and post the 15 wonderful things X45 did, that way you can counter whatever Spruce put up. Of course that won't happen since the only links you would put up would be newsmax and ONA or whatever that ultrarightwingnut site is called.
We leave that up to you. You've done it a few times. While you are doing that, I am making a 20 foot putt.

Lake Como

Moves
36d
1 edit

@kevcvs57 said
Hahaha yeah just pick a convenient lie by a partisan liar, screw reality if it don’t match your fever dream joe. πŸ‘
You say 'convenient, liar, screw, and dream' to write your post.
Do those words apply to my saying that I base my opinion heretofore on learned lawyers who have arrived at conclusions that Biden had/has no power to do those things? Consider that they all say that Trump cannot be charged with insurrection, yet Sonhouse says he is guilty as hell of insurrection.
So you have the laweyrs on one hand, and you have Sonhouse on the other. I assume you will side with the lawyers.
Same thing here. The guy is a dictator. Lawyers say so, Sonhouse says he is not a dictator, and then goes off on Trump. Hmmmm,,,Sonhouse? or the lawyers?

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
36d

@mott-the-hoople said
it appears the hea is not in effect

“The current HEA was last reauthorized in 2008 and expired at the end of fiscal year 2014.“

https://www.acenet.edu/Policy-Advocacy/Pages/HEA-ED/Higher-Education-Act.aspx
Could be, which I guess means no new loans. But existing loans are still out there.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
36d

@averagejoe1 said
I don’t have a research boiler room like marauder does, so not about to delve into all that, I have heard enough lawyers in various venues, make it very clear that he has not the power to do things that he does. You know what I know what everybody knows. Let us just say that it is all open to interpretation, and the lawyers I have heard have interpreted in my opinion prop ...[text shortened]...
SCOTUS ruled on waiving loans under the HEROES Act in Biden v. Nebraska.

This is a different Act.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
36d

@sonhouse said
@spruce112358
None of that matters, they will weaponize MILK SHAKES if that could denigrate Biden.
LOL! 'Weaponized milk shakes...'!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
36d

@AverageJoe1
What, 20 foot putt. I guess you are trying to pass the record Trump did for hours per week putting Vs hours per week actually doing the job of governing which he hates.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
36d
1 edit

@spruce112358
heheπŸ™‚