1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Oct '21 23:57
    @mott-the-hoople said
    it has all to do with it...it is proven that democrats have weaponized the IRS., they will use this proposal to harm their opponents, thats it in a nutshell.
    That's complete BS and you know it.

The proposal does nothing more than make it easier for the IRS to identify bank accounts with large amounts of money flowing through them. Then the agency can check to see if those amounts are consistent with the person's income as declared on their tax returns. If they don't match, then that might be a red flag for an audit.

That's it.
  2. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 01:17
    @no1marauder said

The proposal does nothing more than make it easier for the IRS to identify bank accounts with large amounts of money flowing through them. Then the agency can check to see if those amounts are consistent with the person's income as declared on their tax returns. If they don't match, then that might be a red flag for an audit.

That's it.
    If that's true then who can argue with it?
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 01:29
    @no1marauder said
    Your "point" is asinine. These are economic transactions done with a bank, not something you are doing in your private residence. As already pointed out, almost everyone's income is already reported to the IRS by third parties, so what is the big deal about reporting your total deposits and withdrawals? This will only disadvantage those cheating on their taxes.
    Easy. You let these totalitarians do this, thenit will be even more invasive and controlling next time.This bothers hell out of me,,,,,,,it doesn’t you? Are you a govt dependent? Don’t you want to be free? Your parents were freein 1959.. What happened?
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 11:37
    @no1marauder said

That's it.
    “ The proposal does nothing more than make it easier for the IRS to identify bank accounts with large amounts of money flowing through them.”

again fool…$600 is not “large amounts of money”.
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 12:54
    @contenchess said
    If that's true then who can argue with it?
    what is wrong with it?

ask lois lerner
  6. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 14:01
    @no1marauder said

That's it.
    That is NOT it. Such a statement means 'that is all there is'. There is going to be more, Marauder. Libs never stop.
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 14:03
    @mott-the-hoople said
    “ The proposal does nothing more than make it easier for the IRS to identify bank accounts with large amounts of money flowing through them.”

again fool…$600 is not “large amounts of money”.
    Why doesn't marauder answer the question, ,,,if it is only to be applied to the accounts of the rich, why is it a measly $600?. Why do libs not answer questions?
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 14:151 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    Why doesn't marauder answer the question, ,,,if it is only to be applied to the accounts of the rich, why is it a measly $600?. Why do libs not answer questions?
    Why don't you ever read my answers? See my first post on page 7 of this thread.

You're being dishonest anyway; you'd oppose the proposal even if the $10,000 bank account average was adopted.
  9. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 15:23
    @no1marauder said

You're being dishonest anyway; you'd oppose the proposal even if the $10,000 bank account average was adopted.
    Yes, I would oppose any move by the govt to snoop into the private affairs of its citizens. And why do you libs put a dollar amount on everything. If there is no probable cause, the govt should not snoop into the private affairs of its citizens.

Do you think such snooping is OK? Should there not be probable cause?
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 15:25
    @no1marauder said
    How can the government "ruin your life" just by the IRS having a record of your total deposits and withdrawals from your bank account?
    Oh Marauder. I couldn't even bring myself to type hahahahaha
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 16:25
    @averagejoe1 said
    Yes, I would oppose any move by the govt to snoop into the private affairs of its citizens. And why do you libs put a dollar amount on everything. If there is no probable cause, the govt should not snoop into the private affairs of its citizens.

Do you think such snooping is OK? Should there not be probable cause?
    How much income you have isn't your "private affair" to the IRS, one of who's primary functions is the Constitutional one of collecting income taxes.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 16:27
    @averagejoe1 said
    Oh Marauder. I couldn't even bring myself to type hahahahaha
    Then I'll repeat the question to any non-idiots.
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 17:24
    @no1marauder said
    How much income you have isn't your "private affair" to the IRS, one of who's primary functions is the Constitutional one of collecting income taxes.
    Excuse me, is that a thread segue that you just typed? It is about income? Which, of course, must be reported to the IRS, as it is not a private affair. But this thread is about the '$600'.
    Once again, I must remind posters such as yourself to stay on point so that we can discern a winner! If you segue from the issue, as you do by avoiding the "$600" issue, you are getting close to not winning!!!
    We ain't writing about income. Even JIMM and Kev know that, and Kev, why, he aint even from around here.
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 17:26
    @AverageJoe1
    Did you ever respond with your position on Probable Cause. You think the snoop should be allowed without probable cause? You did attend a Con Law class, I presume?
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 17:47
    @no1marauder said

that answer was incorrect...the $50,000 would have allowed the IRS to investigate via the laws already in place. (10,000 reporting)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree