1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 17:53
    @mott-the-hoople said
    that answer was incorrect...the $50,000 would have allowed the IRS to investigate via the laws already in place. (10,000 reporting)
    No it wouldn't have assuming no individual transaction was $10,000 or more.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 17:59
    @averagejoe1 said
    Excuse me, is that a thread segue that you just typed? It is about income? Which, of course, must be reported to the IRS, as it is not a private affair. But this thread is about the '$600'.
    Once again, I must remind posters such as yourself to stay on point so that we can discern a winner! If you segue from the issue, as you do by avoiding the "$600" issue, you ar ...[text shortened]... n't writing about income. Even JIMM and Kev know that, and Kev, why, he aint even from around here.
    Yes it's about income.

Read the 1st post on page 7 if you don't understand how.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 19:34
    @no1marauder said
    No it wouldn't have assuming no individual transaction was $10,000 or more.
    doesnt have to be a single transaction

“ A person must file Form 8300 within 15 days after the date the person received the cash. If a person receives multiple payments toward a single transaction or two or more related transactions, the person should file Form 8300 when the total amount paid exceeds $10,000. Each time payments aggregate more than $10,000, the person must file another Form 8300.”

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/understand-how-to-report-large-cash-transactions
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 20:15
    @mott-the-hoople said
    doesnt have to be a single transaction

“ A person must file Form 8300 within 15 days after the date the person received the cash. If a person receives multiple payments toward a single transaction or two or more related transactions, the person should file Form 8300 when the total amount paid exceeds $10,000. Each time payments aggregate more than $10,000, the pers ...[text shortened]... other Form 8300.”

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/understand-how-to-report-large-cash-transactions
    It's either a single transaction or multiple related transactions.

That's still a gigantic loophole easily avoided.
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 21:072 edits
    @no1marauder said
    Yes it's about income.

Read the 1st post on page 7 if you don't understand how.
    Its about control. This fools' folly will not collect near as much as it will cost to implement it. Crooks will always find a way to circumvent, they have been doing it for over 100 years. It is only being done to get at the real underlying quest.... to own the dependents and other people in this country.
    It would require huge resources, to build, police and maintain. And don't forget, this new information, that will be provided to the IRS, will be a nice juicy target for cyber attacks, leading to data leaks which will harm taxpayers.
    So your point above, all well and good, I don't argue with you on that, but it is a fool's folly. Just more Biden genius. "Turn up every stone, all you IRS agents" They, themselves, are a bunch of pencil neck losers. (I said it and I'm glad). It is, of course, aimed squarely at the middle class. THEY WON'T BE AS SMART AS COVERING THINGS UP AS WILL THE RICH. Geez.
    And Did you know he is turning a bunch of creole-haitians lose all over the country? I'd like to see that happen in the precious Netherlands, they would probably build a wall!!!!
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 00:161 edit
    @no1marauder said
    It's either a single transaction or multiple related transactions.

That's still a gigantic loophole easily avoided.
    "It's either a single transaction or multiple related transactions. "

why are you telling me this? I corrected you on it,

it is clear you dont know what you are talking about
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 15:39
    @Ponderable
    Yeah right, like they will actually listen to you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree