BBC bans white people from applying for trainee job

BBC bans white people from applying for trainee job

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
22 Jun 21

@no1marauder said
That's utterly ridiculous.
Seeing as you have no first hand observations about the realities of today's culture, your opinion means nothing. I actually see some stuff first hand and I can tell you that the black people who I have seen succeed or not succeed do so on their own merit.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 Jun 21

@eladar said
Today there is no systemic racism, unless you mean anti-white racism. Perhaps you had a point in the 1960's but not today.
"Minority job applicants are “whitening” their resumes by deleting references to their race with the hope of boosting their shot at jobs, and research shows the strategy is paying off.

In fact, companies are more than twice as likely to call minority applicants for interviews if they submit whitened resumes than candidates who reveal their race—and this discriminatory practice is just as strong for businesses that claim to value diversity as those that don’t."

https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/minorities-who-whiten-job-resumes-get-more-interviews

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 Jun 21

@eladar said
Today there is no systemic racism, unless you mean anti-white racism. Perhaps you had a point in the 1960's but not today.
"An algorithm widely used in US hospitals to allocate health care to patients has been systematically discriminating against black people, a sweeping analysis has found.

The study, published in Science on 24 October1, concluded that the algorithm was less likely to refer black people than white people who were equally sick to programmes that aim to improve care for patients with complex medical needs. Hospitals and insurers use the algorithm and others like it to help manage care for about 200 million people in the United States each year."

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-03228-6

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 Jun 21

@eladar said
Seeing as you have no first hand observations about the realities of today's culture, your opinion means nothing. I actually see some stuff first hand and I can tell you that the black people who I have seen succeed or not succeed do so on their own merit.
LMAO!

Anecdotal claims from someone with the positions you have espoused on this board are utterly useless and unbelievable.

E

Moves
22 Jun 21

@no1marauder said
"Minority job applicants are “whitening” their resumes by deleting references to their race with the hope of boosting their shot at jobs, and research shows the strategy is paying off.

In fact, companies are more than twice as likely to call minority applicants for interviews if they submit whitened resumes than candidates who reveal their race—and this discriminatory ...[text shortened]... ose that don’t."

https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/minorities-who-whiten-job-resumes-get-more-interviews
Does it help them to get hired? Or do they go and have their skin lightened like Michael Jackson?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 Jun 21

@eladar said
Does it help them to get hired? Or do they go and have their skin lightened like Michael Jackson?
It helps them get interviews and if you don't get an interview, you don't get the job.

E

Moves
22 Jun 21

@no1marauder said
It helps them get interviews and if you don't get an interview, you don't get the job.
So the people who look at the resumes are the racists. Once they get the interview, then the racism no longer exists.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 Jun 21

@eladar said
So the people who look at the resumes are the racists. Once they get the interview, then the racism no longer exists.
Nothing in the article supports such a conclusion.

E

Moves
22 Jun 21
1 edit

@no1marauder said
Nothing in the article supports such a conclusion.
So choosing to use a more anglo name does not do much good.

I doubt they are choosing Scandinavian names. Ingemar does not seem very white to most Americans.

But as you say, it does not do any good since as soon as they show up and their skin color is seen, they do not get a job. That is the picture you like to paint.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
22 Jun 21

One of the problems with this debate, is the people who object to diversification measures are generally reknown racists or right-wing capitalists who solely believe in individualism and who refuse to accept environment as a major ingridient for choice making and ability.

E

Moves
22 Jun 21

@shavixmir

Environment is huge, but the huge part is the family or lack there of for the kids and the rest of the people in the neighborhood. When you are dealing with a culture of drug dealers and strippers, academic success is not very likely.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
22 Jun 21

@no1marauder said
What "racism"?

Of course, "it's the point" when you accuse someone of acting "racist" to show that they aren't by the standard definition of the word.
They are teaching that COLOR MATTERS and we should observe it and act upon it.

It's racism.

D

Moves
22 Jun 21

D

Moves
22 Jun 21

D

Moves
22 Jun 21