69% of new jobs? Working for government.

69% of new jobs? Working for government.

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Como

Moves
40d

@spruce112358 said
Read.

AP FACT CHECK
"No, migrants do not receive $2,200 each month from the federal government"

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-illegal-2200-payment-government-821946727757
Who in the world said that?. Not me. But they have on the other hand cost us billions of dollars so don’t try to tell us that they are not costing us money Sunhouse..

And I love how you equate the present day illegal immigrants to the immigrants that came over to Ellis Island. We were not standing there, handing out money and water, bottles and airline tickets and housing to those people at Ellis Island.
Sorry, not the same, little feller. Not the same.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
40d

@averagejoe1 said
Who in the world said that?. Not me. But they have on the other hand cost us billions of dollars so don’t try to tell us that they are not costing us money Sunhouse..

And I love how you equate the present day illegal immigrants to the immigrants that came over to Ellis Island. We were not standing there, handing out money and water, bottles and airline tickets and housing to those people at Ellis Island.
"Little feller"? You better be a center for Purdue or U Conn or I'm not gonna accept that from you. 🙂

Lake Como

Moves
40d

@spruce112358 said
"Little feller"? You better be a center for Purdue or U Conn or I'm not gonna accept that from you. 🙂
I’m first string place-kicker.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
40d

@spruce112358
Also pulling out of NATO, the greatest bulwark against Russian aggression for 75 years now, X45 wants to pull out and turn the US isolationist.
----------------------------------------

Great idea!

Let the Euro's pay to defend Europe from the Soviets. NATO would crash in a heartbeat

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
39d

@averagejoe1 said
We were not standing there, handing out money and water, bottles and airline tickets and housing to those people at Ellis Island.
No - we sent them out West and gave them 160 acres (Homestead Act). They had to bring their own mule, though. Mule Not Included.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
39d
1 edit

@Earl-of-Trumps
Wow, another US traitor chimes in. It matters little to you it was NATO who came to America's aid when we were attacked on 9-11, I guess that means nothing to assswipes like you.
Yeah, let Europe handle the rebuilding of the Soviet empire, Trump would let every Ukrainian citizen die, he doesn't give a rats ass since his is in Putin's pocket and he actually SAID on TV to Putin, you can do whatever the HELL you want.

Like we would not be drawn into another war with Putin at the helm when he attacks Poland or some other NATO country.
I guess it also escaped your notice of exactly WHY Sweden and Norway are both in NATO now after decades of neutrality.
I can only assume you APPLAUD the rebuilding of the Soviet empire and then you think if that happens and they attack some NATO country we would be out of it?
You have serious holes in your so called brain if that is what you think.

You also don't do math very well, a few hundred billion now for aid to Ukraine Vs TRILLIONS we would spend on another war defeating Putin.

Yeah, makes SO much sense to cut aid to Ukraine. Why the hell don't you just move to Moscow where you would be welcomed as a fukking HERO? Get a job as a talking head propaganda machine like Maria?

Lake Como

Moves
39d

@spruce112358 said
No - we sent them out West and gave them 160 acres (Homestead Act). They had to bring their own mule, though. Mule Not Included.
You leave stuff out. That qualifies you as a liberal. People had to qualify, Spruce. Your post is quite misrepresentative when trying to compare early settlers to these people doing whatever in the hell they are doing.

The Preemption Act of 1841 allowed settlers to claim up to 160 acres of federal land for themselves and prevent its sale to others including large landowners or corporations; they paid only a low fixed price of $1.25 per acre ($3.09 per hectare). To qualify, a person had to be either 21 years old or a "head of household" (such as a parent or surviving sibling supporting a family), a citizen or an immigrant declaring to become a citizen, and a resident on that land for a minimum of 14 months. To get permanent title to the land, the person had to accomplish specific things, such as continue to reside on it or improve it for at least five years; they could not leave or abandon it for more than six months at a time.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
39d

@averagejoe1 said
You leave stuff out. That qualifies you as a liberal. People had to qualify, Spruce. Your post is quite misrepresentative when trying to compare early settlers to these people doing whatever in the hell they are doing.

The Preemption Act of 1841 allowed settlers to claim up to 160 acres of federal land for themselves and prevent its sale to others including large la ...[text shortened]... e it for at least five years; they could not leave or abandon it for more than six months at a time.
I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, to find out that the US government once gave free stuff to IMMIGRANTS!

U.S. Land Policy
Price per acre Minimum purchase
1796 $2.00 640 acres
1800 $2.00 320
1804 $2.00 160
1820 $1.25 80
1832 $1.25 40
1854 $0.125 40
1862 free 160

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
39d

@spruce112358
Wow, inflation makes that two dollar purchase cost some THIRTY FIVE bucks today. Oh the PAIN paying less than 40 bucks for 640 acres. BTW, that is a hunk of land one mile by one mile. That would be enough even for me to put up my long wire ham antennas🙂
(right now I can't even put up a decent 80 meter antenna even though it would only be half that length, 130 odd feet and I have maybe 120 feet diagonally. Really sucks actually🙂 I have some really tall trees, something like 50 or 60 feet high and have the problem my house is in the way, an old 19th century deal three stories, over 40 feet high so I got some fishing line over the trees but still have difficulty getting a line to be free of the obstacles in the way. Where is my frigging helicopter when I need it, eh?

Lake Como

Moves
39d

@spruce112358 said
I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, to find out that the US government once gave free stuff to IMMIGRANTS!

U.S. Land Policy
Price per acre Minimum purchase
1796 $2.00 640 acres
1800 $2.00 320
1804 $2.00 160
1820 $1.25 80
1832 $1.25 40
1854 $0.125 40
1862 free 160
We could discuss it, but to start from square one, those immigrants were supposed to be here, and welcomed from their European chains.
Tell us about the ones that have been coming in wearing Biden T-shirts. I don't see any chain whelps on them.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
39d

@AverageJoe1
You mean you stop folks fleeing CARTEL chains but it was ok for Euro's to flee THIER chains. Thou speaketh through double tongue.

Lake Como

Moves
39d

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
You mean you stop folks fleeing CARTEL chains but it was ok for Euro's to flee THIER chains. Thou speaketh through double tongue.
.? If they stay home and not deal with cartels there would be nothing to flee.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
38d

@averagejoe1 said

What's the difference?

Oh, yeah, the ones you call illegal aren't caucasian.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
38d

@AverageJoe1
What kind of bullshyte answer is that? Cartels have ASSAULT rifles by the hundreds, a lady with a couple of kids is supposed to somehow overtake that? You have the empathy of a snake.

Lake Como

Moves
38d

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
What kind of bullshyte answer is that? Cartels have ASSAULT rifles by the hundreds, a lady with a couple of kids is supposed to somehow overtake that? You have the empathy of a snake.
If the little lady lives in a village 400 miles from the border, where cartels are charging big bucks to bring them to the border, tell us just what the cartel is doing to the little lady. I assume the little lady wants to go to America voluntarily? Taking her own risk? That pesky choice I am always mentioning? So when she steps into the world of the cartels, what gives rise to some empathy for her making this decision?
I lose your logic sometimes, sorry.