1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Sep '20 06:16
    @mott-the-hoople said
    you are correct...but when it consistently happens is an indicator of lacking mental capability.
    And when they tell people to drink bleach and shove a torch up their posterior?
  2. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    22 Sep '20 14:05
    @kevcvs57 said
    And when they tell people to drink bleach and shove a torch up their posterior?
    Why, Kev. That is terrible!

Who did say that, and do you have links???
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 05:49
    @no1marauder said
    Well over 200,000 as you know.
    I think the question he is asking is how many have died "of" covid, not "with" covid.
    Big difference.
    In Aussie, you can be fit and healthy, do the right thing, get tested. On the way home you get run over. If your test was positive you are a covid stat.
    So, a number that I have heard, can't be bothered looking it up, was that less than 10% of covid deaths were "of" covid. That would make it less than 20,000.
    This is, I believe the question being asked.
    Many believe that saying,
    You have lies, damn lies, and worst of all statistics. 200,000 seems to many to be one of those stats.
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 06:23
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Why, Kev. That is terrible!

Who did say that, and do you have links???
    Trump and you don’t need a link. His idiotic idea, my vernacular.
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 06:25
    @jimmac said
    I think the question he is asking is how many have died "of" covid, not "with" covid.
    Big difference.
    In Aussie, you can be fit and healthy, do the right thing, get tested. On the way home you get run over. If your test was positive you are a covid stat.
    So, a number that I have heard, can't be bothered looking it up, was that less than 10% of covid deaths were "of" covid ...[text shortened]... u have lies, damn lies, and worst of all statistics. 200,000 seems to many to be one of those stats.
    Over 200,000 people who would have been with us had they not caught covid. Squirm away but Trump and his trumpets are well and truly on the hook for this one.
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 07:17
    @kevcvs57 said
    Over 200,000 people who would have been with us had they not caught covid. Squirm away but Trump and his trumpets are well and truly on the hook for this one.
    Do you really really believe that, well I never. ok what can one say.
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 08:22
    @jimmac said
    Do you really really believe that, well I never. ok what can one say.
    Yeah I believe it because it’s a fact, just keep sucking up the Trump BS. His latest trick is blaming the victims.
    That is one disgusting creature!
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 10:41
    @kevcvs57 said
    Yeah I believe it because it’s a fact, just keep sucking up the Trump BS. His latest trick is blaming the victims.
    That is one disgusting creature!
    Trump is a total dipstick, lets agree on that. I am not sure that I "blame" the victim, esp in care facilities, but I have always said, you don't want it, You wear the mask, you wash your hands, you don't picka da nose, most likely, you donna get it.
    At least thats what I believe.
    Personal responsibility is a bit of a lost cause.
    And " disgusting creature" yes, but at least he puts it out there, not hidden like most pollies. What you see is what you get.
  9. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 10:43
    @jimmac said
    Big difference.
    So, a number that I have heard, can't be bothered looking it up, was that less than 10% of covid deaths were "of" covid ...[text shortened]... u have lies, damn lies, and worst of all statistics. 200,000 seems to many to be one of those stats.
    Could you enlighten us About the number of cases? (Given the probablity of a mortal crash and the probability to be infected with SARS-CoV2 it would highly astonish me if the number would go into the double Digits.
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 11:01
    @ponderable said
    Could you enlighten us About the number of cases? (Given the probablity of a mortal crash and the probability to be infected with SARS-CoV2 it would highly astonish me if the number would go into the double Digits.
    Obviously no.
    It was explained by our health officer that the cases recorded were "with", not just "of". I only took his word for it, he is after all an "expert".
  11. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 11:041 edit
    @jimmac said
    Obviously no.
    It was explained by our health officer that the cases recorded were "with", not just "of". I only took his word for it, he is after all an "expert".
    If you Claim such Things you imply that the numbers are not correct and if you bring the example you imply that this accounts for an appreciable amount of cases.
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 11:221 edit
    @jimmac said
    Trump is a total dipstick, lets agree on that. I am not sure that I "blame" the victim, esp in care facilities, but I have always said, you don't want it, You wear the mask, you wash your hands, you don't picka da nose, most likely, you donna get it.
    At least thats what I believe.
    Personal responsibility is a bit of a lost cause.
    And " disgusting creature" yes, but at least he puts it out there, not hidden like most pollies. What you see is what you get.
    Well I can agree with the first half of this post and I don’t normally get peeved because someone “puts it out there” but to hear someone ( a POTUS no less ) disparage 200,000 dead people in order to deflect the responsibility from himself for not giving the same advice that you highlighted in the first half of your post.
    I’m not sure what had me grinding my teeth the most, him saying that they died because they were weak, or his base cheering him on for saying it.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 13:23
    @kevcvs57 said
    Well I can agree with the first half of this post and I don’t normally get peeved because someone “puts it out there” but to hear someone ( a POTUS no less ) disparage 200,000 dead people in order to deflect the responsibility from himself for not giving the same advice that you highlighted in the first half of your post.
    I’m not sure what had me grinding my teeth the most, him saying that they died because they were weak, or his base cheering him on for saying it.
    I suspect that it would be fair to say most did die because they were weak, this is no way being anyone's fault, the elderly are weak, no fault attached, but I cannot comprehend that he would say it out loud. sadly he is not past speaking insensitive truths.
    Not a nice person.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 13:501 edit
    @jimmac said
    I suspect that it would be fair to say most did die because they were weak, this is no way being anyone's fault, the elderly are weak, no fault attached, but I cannot comprehend that he would say it out loud. sadly he is not past speaking insensitive truths.
    Not a nice person.
    The problem is the "insensitive truth" needs to be spoken because of the constant lies about it in the media.
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 13:541 edit
    @jimmac said
    Not a nice person.
    But if it was killing babies and toddlers due to some weakness associated with their age is it ok to speak that truth? I mean ultimately it is because we need to be aware of who is most at risk from any virus, but he wasn’t interested in the truth from that perspective he was only interested in pretending that the death toll was somehow nothing to do with him and somehow the fault of the victims.
    It’s no different to him stripping out health care for cancer patients and then blaming the death toll on the victims because they weren’t strong enough to fight off the cancer and you know he would.
    200,000 people are dead and that figure would have been a whole lot lower if Trump had acted sooner and more aggressively against covid and told the people the truth about its virulence / pathology. That’s a simple fact that he cannot get around.
    The real problem for the US was the cheering crowd of acolytes although I did notice that even among his base there were a lot of people who were not cheering.
    P.S I’m guessing joeshmo might have an inflamed larynx.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree