18 children dead in Texas shooting

18 children dead in Texas shooting

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
27 May 22
4 edits

@no1marauder said
I answered it.
You didn't explain why a guy with a handgun killed more than the Buffalo shooter and the Ulvade shooter combined and they had the assault rifles you want banned 🤷
(And body armour!)

The point is...once you ban one type yall won't stop. You'll come up with more bans.

Also, the Virginia tech shooter was killing adults who are more likely to fight or flee due to being smart enough to know they have to get the F out there.
He still got 32 of them...with a handgun!

MB

Moves
27 May 22

@no1marauder said
"Parts like fasteners and springs that have the critical task of holding everything together were not – so were the barrel and receiver, as well as trigger and firing pin. [b]Barrel and receiver were fabricated in aluminum using a process known as direct metal laser sintering (DMLS) while trigger and firing pin were printed in 4340 alloy steel. DMLS, btw, is kind of like ...[text shortened]... d-printed-grenade-launcher/

Know a lot of folks with high powered precision lasers in the garage?
Here is my quote:

"Anyone can make a gun in their own home if they have the money. Universal background checks are becoming obsolete because of technology."

I said "if they have the money". Did you miss that part?

People have been making their own guns for a long time. My brother once bought a metal lathe a long time ago and sold it later to a guy that wanted to use it to rifle barrels. It is just a question of money and being a machinist qualified enough to do it. 3D printing just makes it easier and cheaper.

Moves
27 May 22
2 edits

People can make a single shot gun out of a pipe with a spring/firing pin.

It might blow up in your face but home made guns are possible.

So obviously smarter/richer people could make better ones at home.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
27 May 22

@capacrapa said
No cops at schools was a Democrat platform I seem to remember? 🤔
There shouldn't have to be cops at schools. For Christ's sake, wake up, America!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 May 22

I see this morning that the husband of one of the murdered teachers has died of a heart attack, apparently brought on by shock and grief.

What a ruined morally bankrupt country America is. Not because this atrocity has happened, but because you right wingers and you NRA pricks just want to keep guns unregulated, because of your stupid constitutional bollox.

Tear the fuking thing up and start again.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 May 22

@capacrapa said
Shut up you moron.

Just listen to yourself.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 May 22

@capacrapa said
You didn't explain why a guy with a handgun killed more than the Buffalo shooter and the Ulvade shooter combined and they had the assault rifles you want banned 🤷
(And body armour!)

The point is...once you ban one type yall won't stop. You'll come up with more bans.

Also, the Virginia tech shooter was killing adults who are more likely to fight or flee due to being smart enough to know they have to get the F out there.
He still got 32 of them...with a handgun!
Of course you're right; they banned machine guns in the 1930s and now you can't even own a squirt gun.

Moron.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 May 22

27 school shootings in America just this year alone!
Holy friggin’ crap.

But we want our guns coz’ of Hillary’s emails, Hunter’s laptop, rampant forced vaccines, black Hispanics and them lizard people.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
27 May 22

@divegeester said
I see this morning that the husband of one of the murdered teachers has died of a heart attack, apparently brought on by shock and grief.

What a ruined morally bankrupt country America is. Not because this atrocity has happened, but because you right wingers and you NRA pricks just want to keep guns unregulated, because of your stupid constitutional bollox.

Tear the fuking thing up and start again.
Hear, hear.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
27 May 22

@capacrapa said

Will you chimps get with the times you can make a gun in a 3d printer but MB is correct it takes resources plus some acumen which would probably disqualify a bedroom dwelling malcontent like the one that just shot 19 elementary school kids.
That is not a reason to do nothing in a race to the bottom, any society that cannot keep semi automatic weapons out if the hands of psychopaths is a failed society. The NRA should be banned from making political donations or campaigning in behalf of politicians it has proven itself to be toxic to the body politic.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
27 May 22

@vivify said
https://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-elementary-school-reports-active-shooter-campus/story?id=84940951

At least 18 children, 2 adults dead after shooting at Texas elementary school

At least 18 children and two adults are dead after a shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.

The 18-yea ...[text shortened]... allegedly shot and killed his grandmother before entering the school and again opening fire.
Just some info for y'all . Here in Texas you must be 21 to buy cigarettes but you can buy an AR-15 when you are 18 . Sad and sick logic .

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 May 22

@moonbus said
There shouldn't have to be cops at schools. For Christ's sake, wake up, America!
I shouldn't have to lock the doors to my house, but I do.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 May 22

@kevcvs57 said
Will you chimps get with the times you can make a gun in a 3d printer but MB is correct it takes resources plus some acumen which would probably disqualify a bedroom dwelling malcontent like the one that just shot 19 elementary school kids.
That is not a reason to do nothing in a race to the bottom, any society that cannot keep semi automatic weapons out if the hands of psy ...[text shortened]... ations or campaigning in behalf of politicians it has proven itself to be toxic to the body politic.
You'd be surprised what some malcontents can come up with to accomplish what
they desire.

Z

Moves
27 May 22

@kellyjay said
I shouldn't have to lock the doors to my house, but I do.
first of all that's a stupid analogy

making schools like forts is not the same thing as locking a damn door

secondly, police waited outside the uvalde school while the shooter continued to kill children. Armed guards didn't stop Parkland shooting.

Or is your definition of "job well done" "some kids will have to die but eventually we will get the shooter".

So many great ideas comming from the right. Arm teachers. Arm janitors. More armed guards. All so YOU don't get affected. You old farts don't go to school anymore, what do you care. Bubba needs his 2nd and 3rd boomstick and Bubba is busy he can't wait for the background check . Or maybe Bubba threatened his ex-wife a bunch of times and knows he won't pass the background check.

Aaaand we circle back to NRA not accepting that. Every psychopath that fails a background check is another gun not being sold. It's another paycheck that the gun manufacturer isn't getting, it's another NRA whore not getting their blood money.

Z

Moves
27 May 22

@kellyjay said
You'd be surprised what some malcontents can come up with to accomplish what
they desire.
Would you be surprised to hear that some people still drive drunk ? Are you shocked that drunk driving laws don't work 100%? Should we have not bothered at all when we enacted them? Should we just abolish them now?

I heard that there are already 20 something mass shootings in the US this year and it's not even june. If even "some malcontents" don't get a gun, that would be a good outcome.

I don't give a flying fuk that you whiny babies would have to wait a week (preferably more) until buying a gun. I don't give a flying fuk that some of you whiny babies won't get to shoot a big manly gun because it's ridiculous to allow that for civilian use. If all these inconveniences would stop not all, but a single mass shooting, it will be a price worth paying.