They Died Too Young

They Died Too Young

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZN

Stockholm

Moves
05 Aug 09

Jimi Hendrix.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Aug 09

Originally posted by daniel58
Not everyone!
Oh I get it. Your saying not everyone is gay . No I'm sure they aren't. I just liked the line...It was very revealing as to Cobains psycology.
(maybe he was saying 'gay' as in 'weak' . Much the same way some people say ' your a girl' and imply you are weak)

v

Moves
06 Aug 09

Originally posted by FMF
Whose untimely passing do you lament most?

What are your speculations about what might have been?
JFK

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Aug 09

Jim Morrison. i would,ve love to have heard his solo stuff after splitting from the Doors.
His poetry would've no doubt become even more twisted .

We take for granted some of his great lines,(ie."you know the day destroys the night/ night becomes the day"😉

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Aug 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Jim Morrison. i would,ve love to have heard his solo stuff after splitting from the Doors.
His poetry would've no doubt become even more twisted .

We take for granted some of his great lines,(ie."you know the day destroys the night/ night becomes the day"😉
you know the day destroys the night/night divides the day

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
11 Aug 09

Tony Williams
Clifford Brown
John Coltrane
Paul Chambers
Charlie Parker

To name a few.

F

Moves
11 Aug 09

His poetry would've no doubt become even more twisted
Overrated.

K

Germany

Moves
11 Aug 09

I find Morrison to be a rather poor lyricist, but Manzarek surely is a skilled composer. Too bad he is so modest.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Aug 09

Originally posted by FMF
Overrated.
Yeah, you're right.
Still he had the odd classic line you'll have to admit.

T

Moves
16 Aug 09

How about Jesus.

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
16 Aug 09

Originally posted by TSaffle
How about Jesus.
Was it untimely? What was the life expectancy in Roman Palestine? On the other hand, if we ask what the life expectancy was for 33-year-old males in Roman Palestine, we enter into a line of thought that makes most deaths untimely.

T

Moves
16 Aug 09

Well actually for that day and age Jesus probably had pasted the average age of death allready. Think I read somewhere that the average age of death back then was in the twenties - like 25 or so. Of course many lived much longer but you have to average in all the children and youngsters that died because of famine, plague, and whatnot. Just mentioned the son of god because it seemed like a obvious choice for this thread.

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
16 Aug 09

Originally posted by TSaffle
Well actually for that day and age Jesus probably had pasted the average age of death allready. Think I read somewhere that the average age of death back then was in the twenties - like 25 or so. Of course many lived much longer but you have to average in all the children and youngsters that died because of famine, plague, and whatnot. Just mentioned the son of god because it seemed like a obvious choice for this thread.
Sure, but I think most of the variability in life expectancy is explained by the infant mortality rate, and therefore the overall life expectancy is the wrong statistic for evaluating the untimeliness of a death.

Moves
16 Aug 09

Michael Jackson.
I would love to have seen what his face would've looked like at 70
Ha. But surely he didn't die soon enough? I'd say about Jan 2004 would have been about right.

j

Moves
22 Aug 09

The baby that got aborted the other day.