Greatest living musician

Greatest living musician

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
22 Feb 09

Originally posted by FMF
Ok, I see. Music seen through the Sport's Fan's prism. Fine.
Lol, oh the ignorance of the uninitiated, how blissful it must be, have you never heard of the process of 'cutting head', that guitar players from the time of Robert Johnson until the present have been engaged in? obviously not! have you never seen the film crossroads? No, yet you are prepared to pontificate and define others through a one dimensional glass onion, so be it my learned friend, that is also fine, for what recourse do we have to another!

oh well, here is a link for your perusal and continued education.

F

Moves
23 Feb 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Lol, oh the ignorance of the uninitiated, how blissful it must be, have you never heard of the process of 'cutting head', that guitar players from the time of Robert Johnson until the present have been engaged in? obviously not! have you never seen the film crossroads? No, yet you are prepared to pontificate and define others through a one dimensio ...[text shortened]... a link for your perusal and continued education.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8kxaP59QQY
You sound like the kind of fan that makes it necessary for musicians to have personal bodyguards. I could draw a psychiatric line connecting your retching Islamophobia to your Smack Down Musicology.

rc

Moves
23 Feb 09
4 edits

Originally posted by FMF
You sound like the kind of fan that makes it necessary for musicians to have personal bodyguards. I could draw a psychiatric line connecting your retching Islamophobia to your Smack Down Musicology.
draw what you like, it will at very best be another hazy perception, for why should i prevent you from shooting rockets into cyberspace at some empty tin can comments, everyone practically spends their time in futility, why not you as well?

F

Moves
23 Feb 09

why should i prevent you from shooting rockets into cyberspace at some empty tin can comments
Not the most gracious climbdown I have ever heard, but apology accepted nevertheless.

Why not make your "empty tin can comments" a little funny or ironic in future?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
23 Feb 09

Lol, oh the ignorance of the uninitiated, how blissful it must be, have you never heard of the process of 'cutting head', that guitar players from the time of Robert Johnson until the present have been engaged in? obviously not! have you never seen the film crossroads? No, yet you are prepared to pontificate and define others through a one dimensio ...[text shortened]... a link for your perusal and continued education.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8kxaP59QQY
"Course it was Ry Cooder doing the licks in Crossroads, loved that movie though. Did you see 'I'm Not There', Kate Blanchet? There was a scene that featured Richie Havens playing on the front porch. Highlight of the movie.

rc

Moves
23 Feb 09

Originally posted by FMF
Not the most gracious climbdown I have ever heard, but apology accepted nevertheless.

Why not make your "empty tin can comments" a little funny or ironic in future?
it was not meant to be funny nor an apology, it was meant to show you the futility of your actions, but no, you did not get it, your ego kicked and and you need launch one more rocket, lol, perhaps you are the evil scientist 'bent', on the destruction of the world, holding all to ransom, 'entertain me with humour and irony', or ill launch another ego boosting rocket!

rc

Moves
23 Feb 09

Originally posted by sonhouse
"Course it was Ry Cooder doing the licks in Crossroads, loved that movie though. Did you see 'I'm Not There', Kate Blanchet? There was a scene that featured Richie Havens playing on the front porch. Highlight of the movie.
No, but thanks for the link, i will check it out and if you could be as kind as to give me any chess tips on how to beat Andrew Hamilton, it would be most appreciated. i apologize to the forum for the off topic nature of this request - regards robbie.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
23 Feb 09

No, but thanks for the link, i will check it out and if you could be as kind as to give me any chess tips on how to beat Andrew Hamilton, it would be most appreciated. i apologize to the forum for the off topic nature of this request - regards robbie.
You can watch our games for one thing, we are playing one now. Have played a bunch of games, go over to my archived games and you will find them, including one I lost to him.

F

Moves
23 Feb 09

it was not meant to be funny nor an apology, it was meant to show you the futility of your actions,
It did nothing of the sort. I made a few comments about the musical apprenticeship of Steve Vai to explain my point of view on how Vai might have arrived at a state of "otherness" that other consumers of that genre of music might also perceive. And then you made some sort of bizarre musical dick waving comment about Les Paul. Let's face it - "Les Paul makes them dudes look like Amateurs, he'd leave Vai's Jem guitar smokin like a kipper!" - is like some kind of daft sport's fan gibberish. I love Les Paul's music and would take him to a desert island before Vai, without a second's hesitation. The only ego-thing going on here is your smug, incoherent posting-for-posting's sake.

rc

Moves
23 Feb 09

Originally posted by FMF
It did nothing of the sort. I made a few comments about the musical apprenticeship of Steve Vai to explain my point of view on how Vai might have arrived at a state of "otherness" that other consumers of that genre of music might also perceive. And then you made some sort of bizarre musical dick waving comment about Les Paul. Let's face it - "Les Paul makes them ...[text shortened]... The only ego-thing going on here is your smug, incoherent posting-for-posting's sake.
it is better to suffer the winter wind than the tigers breath!

rc

Moves
23 Feb 09

Originally posted by sonhouse
You can watch our games for one thing, we are playing one now. Have played a bunch of games, go over to my archived games and you will find them, including one I lost to him.
i did, you play the kings gambit with excellence!