Best Video Game Ever Invented

Best Video Game Ever Invented

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
26 Apr 08
2 edits

Originally posted by Palynka
I'm guessing that was U6 as U7 starts with an investigation on a murder.

I remember trying to replay U6, something like two years ago, and also giving up because of the terrible colour scheme. They really clashed. It's funny because when I played it originally (it when it came out) I remember thinking the graphics were 'great'. 😕

I've never tried any oldie that didn't run perfectly on DosBox so, if you're interested, try it out.
The graphics were great in certain ways. It was much more immersive; not nearly as abstract. However the colors were unpleasant on the eyes and it was hard to tell what was what sometimes. It made gameplay really tough and frustrating for me.

It was almost like Starcraft visually in the scale, though turn based and based on much weaker technology.

IM
Primal Primate

holiest of holies

Moves
26 Apr 08

Originally posted by Seitse
That said, same thing happens to me with missile command.
ah, missile command

memories...

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
26 Apr 08

What about Star Control II? That was a good game, with a good balance between action, negotiation,
and trade strategies.

Nemesio

P

weedhopper

Moves
26 Apr 08

I discussed this with some fellows at work and was told about "Zelda"? Is that the name of a game, or just the protagonist?

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
27 Apr 08

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
I discussed this with some fellows at work and was told about "Zelda"? Is that the name of a game, or just the protagonist?
The Legend of Zelda was by far the most innovative game for the original Nintendo Entertainment
System. Zelda referred to the princess that the protagonist, Link, hand to save.

Nemesio

R
The Guvnor....!!!!

The Dark Side

Moves
27 Apr 08

Originally posted by Rapidfyre
Unfortunatly, you may be right. But I haven't played the fourth one. Whats it like?
18 hours young skywalker and then it should be out inLondon if you order from a web site....

If you click on the below link, yhis will give you a good favour as its from Rockstar and has a few movies....

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=bellicN

R
The Guvnor....!!!!

The Dark Side

Moves
27 Apr 08

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
GTA is fairly boring. The gameplay sucks donkey sack. The large world and freedom are nice though.

I'm not one of those people who get a kick out of watching myself blow stuff up in a video game. I like first person if I'm only controlling one guy. If it's going to be third person I prefer being far away and able to move away from my units, lik ...[text shortened]... down your own avatar's neck" viewpoint drives me nuts. I hate that perspective in games.
Fare enough, personallu you don;t have to "play" the gangester all the time in GTA IV, their will be a very clever AI system in place

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=bellicN

R
OK SORRY

Moves
27 Apr 08

We have forgotten Guitar Hero 3.

P

weedhopper

Moves
27 Apr 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Rapidfyre
We have forgotten Guitar Hero 3.
my son loves that game. he is also fond of grand theft auto (i dont know what number) and is currently playing Call of Duty 4 and something with Michael Jordan's picture on it.

h

Moves
27 Apr 08
1 edit

I've just finished Assassin's Creed, it was a great game, but the ending was pathetic. We can all be assured of an Assassin's Creed franchise in the near future.

When it comes to FPS, I give:
Half Life 2: 99%
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl: 98%
Crysis: 90%
Fear: 85%
Bioshock: 80%
Doom 3: 30%

For RPG games, Oblivion is by far the best, and The Witcher was pretty good too.

Best RTS game ever released thus far is Company of Heroes. Not even the legendary Starcraft can come close to that game. I eagerly await Starcraft 2, but I think it's still going to pale in comparison to CoH. World in Conflict was also pretty good, but it's just not good enough.

For tactical warfare, I give Ghost Recon (the first one) 90%. I'm finding the Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter games to be less enjoyable than the first of the series.

An honourable mention goes to Resident Evil 4 for being one of the best games I've ever played that doesn't fit into any genre.

Best strategy game ever is Medieval 2 Total War + the Kingdoms expansion pack + the Lands to Conquer mod. I loved Rome Total War but disk 2 of my installation disks is broken so I can't play it any more, very bummed about that one.

The "Game of the moment" goes to Hellgate London which is causing me to stay awake for 28 hour stretches until I occasionally lapse into a dreamless coma.

Worst game I've ever played is Xbox 360 flagship title Gears of War (PC edition). What a pathetic pile of over-hyped crap. The Xbox 360 can kiss my ass.

h

Moves
27 Apr 08

ps. Ultima was for friggin' nerds.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
27 Apr 08

Originally posted by hopscotch
ps. Ultima was for friggin' nerds.
pps. Video Games, Chess, and Online Forums are for friggin' nerds.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
27 Apr 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Nemesio
My first character was a druid. Jaana, I think, was the druid, so I never had her. Katrina and
Geoffrey sucked, as I recall until you got the mystical weapons and armor.

Tremor rocked.

Nemesio
Wow. I can't remember what my first one was.

That card game to decide your class was BRILLIANT. I wonder if there's one of those online quizzes we could throw in this thread based off that fortune teller's cards?

Found it!

http://www.tk421.net/ultima/

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
27 Apr 08

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Wow. I can't remember what my first one was.

That card game to decide your class was BRILLIANT. I wonder if there's one of those online quizzes we could throw in this thread based off that fortune teller's cards?

Found it!

http://www.tk421.net/ultima/
7 out of 7 Honesty
5 out of 7 Compassion
3 out of 7 Valor
4 out of 7 Justice
1 out of 7 Sacrifice
4 out of 7 Honor
4 out of 7 Spirituality
0 out of 7 Humility

19 out of 22 Truth
14 out of 22 Love