Ac/dc

Ac/dc

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
07 Jan 10
1 edit

Saw the lads three times with Bon Scott, about 20 times otherwise. Was checking this out and it reminded me of seeing them in the Waldorf in San Francisco:

I didn't see them this last tour. Tickets have undergone a paradigm change; they sell out and not to the locals. Screw you and your $300 nose bleed seats, because I saw AC/DC up close with Bon. F and you know what else....

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
07 Jan 10

You liked them before they became cool, right?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
07 Jan 10

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
You liked them before they became cool, right?
AC/DC, cool ... ?

P
Bananarama

False berry

Moves
07 Jan 10
1 edit

AC/DC is one of the greatest rock bands of all time. I'm jealous, I've never seen them live and probably never will.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
07 Jan 10

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
AC/DC, cool ... ?
Must be the shorts. It has to be the shorts.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
08 Jan 10

Originally posted by Palynka
Must be the shorts. It has to be the shorts.
The Highway to Hell is too sultry for leather trousers.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Jan 10

Originally posted by Badwater
Saw the lads three times with Bon Scott, about 20 times otherwise. Was checking this out and it reminded me of seeing them in the Waldorf in San Francisco:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRtVHfonPSI

I didn't see them this last tour. Tickets have undergone a paradigm change; they sell out and not to the locals. Screw you and your $300 nose bleed seats, because I saw AC/DC up close with Bon. F and you know what else....
Bon Scott rules. His influence can be heard to this day.

rc

Moves
08 Jan 10

awesome band! anyone that can make the bagpipes cool is worthy of double honour.

DSJ

Lawrence, Ks

Moves
10 Jan 10

Does no one notice that most of the mention of AC/DC greatness is either before Back in Black... Or ONLY Back in Black? Everything I've heard them put out since has been rubbish. They can't even cover their own stuff anymore!

Moves
10 Jan 10

One of my favorite bands also; unpretentious hard rock at it's best. I saw them 3 times in the early eighties, twice at Hammersmith Odeon (what a venue!) on the BiB tour and again in '84 at Castle Donington in the FTATR tour when incidentally, Van Halen played there last UK gig. Recently a work colleague offered me a ticket to see them at Wembley Stadium but I couldn't make it - apparently they were awesome.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
10 Jan 10

Originally posted by divegeester
One of my favorite bands also; unpretentious hard rock at it's best. I saw them 3 times in the early eighties, twice at Hammersmith Odeon (what a venue!) on the BiB tour and again in '84 at Castle Donington in the FTATR tour when incidentally, Van Halen played there last UK gig. Recently a work colleague offered me a ticket to see them at Wembley Stadium but I couldn't make it - apparently they were awesome.
I saw them in the eighties as well. I think it was 86' fly on the wall tour.
Wurzburg,W.Germany
Great show! Deafening cannon volley (for those about to rock). During Hells bells buddy is banging on the bell w/a sledge hammer.Too cool!
Angus w/knickers and all. It was really a memorable show.

rc

Moves
10 Jan 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Dan St John
Does no one notice that most of the mention of AC/DC greatness is either before Back in Black... Or ONLY Back in Black? Everything I've heard them put out since has been rubbish. They can't even cover their own stuff anymore!
yes, they were like Iron Maiden, who in my amazing opinion lost it when Paul Di'Anno was kicked out, same with AC/DC, there was a simply only one Bonn Scott.

i dedicate this to the forum members, why cant our American friends produce a decent metal band? who can tell?

&feature=related

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
10 Jan 10

They play basically one song with minor variations. But they do it well.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
12 Jan 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes, they were like Iron Maiden, who in my amazing opinion lost it when Paul Di'Anno was kicked out, same with AC/DC, there was a simply only one Bonn Scott.

i dedicate this to the forum members, why cant our American friends produce a decent metal band? who can tell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5jaRipA5_M&feature=related
Metallica

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
12 Jan 10

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Metallica
Are kids into that sort of thing these days? It seems so long ago and far away ...