1. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 09:191 edit
    Saw the lads three times with Bon Scott, about 20 times otherwise. Was checking this out and it reminded me of seeing them in the Waldorf in San Francisco:

YouTube

I didn't see them this last tour. Tickets have undergone a paradigm change; they sell out and not to the locals. Screw you and your $300 nose bleed seats, because I saw AC/DC up close with Bon. F and you know what else....
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 10:26
    You liked them before they became cool, right?
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 14:16
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    You liked them before they became cool, right?
    AC/DC, cool ... ?
  4. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 16:331 edit
    AC/DC is one of the greatest rock bands of all time. I'm jealous, I've never seen them live and probably never will.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 17:35
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    AC/DC, cool ... ?
    Must be the shorts. It has to be the shorts.
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    08 Jan '10 07:54
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Must be the shorts. It has to be the shorts.
    The Highway to Hell is too sultry for leather trousers.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Jan '10 08:02
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Saw the lads three times with Bon Scott, about 20 times otherwise. Was checking this out and it reminded me of seeing them in the Waldorf in San Francisco:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRtVHfonPSI

I didn't see them this last tour. Tickets have undergone a paradigm change; they sell out and not to the locals. Screw you and your $300 nose bleed seats, because I saw AC/DC up close with Bon. F and you know what else....
    Bon Scott rules. His influence can be heard to this day.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '10 08:21

awesome band! anyone that can make the bagpipes cool is worthy of double honour.
  9. Lawrence, Ks
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 04:13
    Does no one notice that most of the mention of AC/DC greatness is either before Back in Black... Or ONLY Back in Black? Everything I've heard them put out since has been rubbish. They can't even cover their own stuff anymore!
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 07:13

One of my favorite bands also; unpretentious hard rock at it's best. I saw them 3 times in the early eighties, twice at Hammersmith Odeon (what a venue!) on the BiB tour and again in '84 at Castle Donington in the FTATR tour when incidentally, Van Halen played there last UK gig. Recently a work colleague offered me a ticket to see them at Wembley Stadium but I couldn't make it - apparently they were awesome.
  11. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 13:48
    Originally posted by divegeester
    One of my favorite bands also; unpretentious hard rock at it's best. I saw them 3 times in the early eighties, twice at Hammersmith Odeon (what a venue!) on the BiB tour and again in '84 at Castle Donington in the FTATR tour when incidentally, Van Halen played there last UK gig. Recently a work colleague offered me a ticket to see them at Wembley Stadium but I couldn't make it - apparently they were awesome.
    I saw them in the eighties as well. I think it was 86' fly on the wall tour.
    Wurzburg,W.Germany
    Great show! Deafening cannon volley (for those about to rock). During Hells bells buddy is banging on the bell w/a sledge hammer.Too cool!
    Angus w/knickers and all. It was really a memorable show.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 15:381 edit
    Originally posted by Dan St John
    Does no one notice that most of the mention of AC/DC greatness is either before Back in Black... Or ONLY Back in Black? Everything I've heard them put out since has been rubbish. They can't even cover their own stuff anymore!
    yes, they were like Iron Maiden, who in my amazing opinion lost it when Paul Di'Anno was kicked out, same with AC/DC, there was a simply only one Bonn Scott.

i dedicate this to the forum members, why cant our American friends produce a decent metal band? who can tell?

YouTube&feature=related
  13. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 16:18
    They play basically one song with minor variations. But they do it well.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 09:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes, they were like Iron Maiden, who in my amazing opinion lost it when Paul Di'Anno was kicked out, same with AC/DC, there was a simply only one Bonn Scott.

i dedicate this to the forum members, why cant our American friends produce a decent metal band? who can tell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5jaRipA5_M&feature=related
    Metallica
  15. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 09:31
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Metallica
    Are kids into that sort of thing these days? It seems so long ago and far away ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree