The Rule Book

The Rule Book

Clans

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
10 Mar 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
looking at your graph you could bag sand with the best of them.
I was thinking the same

Moves
10 Mar 16
5 edits

Originally posted by mghrn55
I know that clans have been suspended, just last year in fact.
The reason ?
2 clans, let's just call them clan A and clan B.
The 2 clans set up a bunch of challenges between themselves.
Then one clan wins all the challenges. Surprise !!

As you stated, there is no specific rule on this site
that labels this practice as cheating.

Nonethele ...[text shortened]... ppreciate the thought
you put into your posts.

And that's what this forum is precisely for.
Thank you for this post, I believe I have a better grasp of the situation now.

For the first 12 days of January, before the 200 rule was created, The Easy Riders took advantage of an unwritten rule that was enforced by Russ. The 150 points or so that they gained from imbalanced challenges that started before that rule should be taken away.

After the recent rule change the points the Easy riders gain from such clans like anti-metallica are now well within the rules, because it follows the 200 point rule. Russ is not going to take action against any clan for sending 1500s vs 1300s. He made the rule 200, not 100, not 50. So it seems all is fair now right?

Well not quite. The Easy Riders have several clans willing to accept challenges that are imbalanced as possible, but still within the rules. Metallica has trouble taking advantage of the 200 point rule, because other clans reject such imbalanced matches. In this way the Easy Riders have a big advantage, but they are also playing completely within the rules.

Or perhaps Metallica is too stuck in their old ways to take advantage of the 200 rule. If in fact Metallica is able to find some clans which do not care about net points to accept imbalanced challenges. Then all is fair minus the 150 points or so the Easy Riders got in the beginning.

So then all this clamoring is about 150 points which if history tells us anything probably wont even be enough points to matter in the final standings.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Mar 16

Originally posted by KnightStalker47
Has Russ ever said or implied that collusion is against the rules? How can clans such as anti-metallica and breaking bad feed points to the Easy Riders if there is a 200 rating point parameter rule? Surely the Easy Riders must earn every point from now on.

I just want to add that it is quite alarming how hostile some people in this thread are. Anyone who questions the status quo must have some hidden agenda right? Some of you guys are fanatics.
I strongly suspect that Russ never figured on collusion being part of the equation, when the feature was set up. He more than likely expected everyone would compete against each other. Not teams gang up on one team.

People being hostile about the on going situation, just shows you how upset they are about it. Would you expect anything less? You say that you are a 3rd party, but it seems to me you actually are taking a side.
With all the respect you deserve,
Sincerely,
-VR

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
10 Mar 16

Originally posted by Very Rusty
I strongly suspect that Russ never figured on collusion being part of the equation, when the feature was set up. He more than likely expected everyone would compete against each other. Not teams gang up on one team.

People being hostile about the on going situation, just shows you how upset they are about it. Would you expect anything less? You say th ...[text shortened]... seems to me you actually are taking a side.
Sincerely,
-VR
you really need to stop ending your post with sincerely and respect
it's so phony and condescending

sincerely and with all the respect you deserve
-lemondrop

see what I mean

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by lemondrop
you really need to stop ending your post with sincerely and respect
it's so phony and condescending

-lemondrop

see what I mean
Very sorry to irritate you my chess friend.
probably best just not to read my posts. You can get an app from Crowley so you don't have to see any of my posts.
Very Sincerely,
-VR

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
10 Mar 16

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Very sorry to irratate you my chess friend.
probably best just not to read my posts. You can get an app from Crowley so you don't have to see any of my posts.
Very Sincerely,
-VR
I enjoy reading your posts
-lemondrop

a

Moves
10 Mar 16
1 edit

For the first 12 days of January, before the 200 rule was created, The Easy Riders took advantage of an unwritten rule that was enforced by Russ. The 150 points or so that they gained from imbalanced challenges that started before that rule should be taken away.

Aft ...[text shortened]... history tells us anything probably wont even be enough points to matter in the final standings.
The clamoring is not about 150 points. The clamoring is about fairness.

If history tells us anything, it tells us there is a historical context to the actions of some members of the site this year. Everyone wants fairness - not just the recently aggrieved.

A friend of mine is famous for saying "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Maybe we will test that theory.

m

Moves
10 Mar 16

Aft ...[text shortened]... history tells us anything probably wont even be enough points to matter in the final standings.
Thank you for your response.
The issue is a little deeper than that.

First of your suggestion that the 150 points be rolled back
is in line with what we are all trying to achieve.
But you are only covering the completed challenges.
There are also those set before the rule change but not yet completed.
That is another bunch of points.
Then there the challenges set since the rule change.
Yes, these fall within the new guidelines.
But Easy Riders has already won a couple of these by wide margins.
These challenges are being handed to Easy Riders on a platter.

Suspensions of the clans (at least the feeder clans) would solve this problem.

The clans continue to circumvent the rules.

Easy Riders has more than half their points from 2 clans.

Site management should do the right thing.
Easy Riders will continue to dip into these 3 clans whenever they start to lose their advantage.

rc

Moves
10 Mar 16

Yes for the most part although many players fro metallica are playing under their real strength. What they do is play in tournaments and throw the games to artificially reduce their rating. Or if a clan challenge is numerically won or lost throw those games as well. Thus instead of it being a 200 tolerance it infact can be almost double that in reality as thier players reduce their ratings artificially. We the Easy Riders resent them for it.

rc

Moves
10 Mar 16

Thank you for your response.
The issue is a little deeper than that.

First of your suggestion that the 150 points be rolled back
is in line with what we are all trying to achieve.
But you are only covering the completed challenges.
There are also those set before the rule change but not yet completed.
That is another bunch of points.
Then there ...[text shortened]... Easy Riders will continue to dip into these 3 clans whenever they start to lose their advantage.
Suspend your clan, twenty cry babies gone. Panic over problem solved.

Retired

Missouri

Moves
10 Mar 16

Another 20 points for the Sleazy Rider Clan against their partners in Collusion Breaking Bad Clan. If Breaking Bad or the Anti Metallica clan ever win a challenge against Sleazy Rider Clan, pigs will fly.

m

Moves
11 Mar 16

Yes for the most part although many players fro metallica are playing under their real strength. What they do is play in tournaments and throw the games to artificially reduce their rating. Or if a clan challenge is numerically won or lost throw those games as well. Thus instead of it being a 200 tolerance it infact can be almost double that in ...[text shortened]... lity as thier players reduce their ratings artificially. We the Easy Riders resent them for it.
You have been tossing this rubbish out into the clan forum forever now.
And you do resent us !!

Good for you !!

While you are calling Metallica members a bunch of sandbaggers,
then would you care to explain the fact below ?

Average clan rating.
Metallica - 1614
Easy Riders - 1382

We artificially lower our ratings to
more than 200 points above your clan average.

Care to explain your accusations ?

m

Moves
11 Mar 16

Suspend your clan, twenty cry babies gone. Panic over problem solved.
I would like to see bans for Anti-Metallica, Breaking Bad and Arrow clans.
They serve no purpose other than to pile on points to your clan

Then have all their points to your clan rolled back.
Then your clan can compete.

But you are not interested in competing, are you ?

And we don't whine.
And we are aware that we could well be beaten by other clans.
Notably, Wycombe is giving us a tough battle this year.

And if they do finish ahead of us, we will extend our
hand in congratulations to them.
We have done this before.

Unfortunately, if that does happen, the big story will not
be that Metallica was dethroned.
The story will be the farce you pulled.

You should apologize to the clan community for that !!

And while you are at it, apologize to your clan members.
I am sure many of them are playing solid chess in the other challenges.

rc

Moves
11 Mar 16
1 edit

You have been tossing this rubbish out into the clan forum forever now.
And you do resent us !!

Good for you !!

While you are calling Metallica members a bunch of sandbaggers,
then would you care to explain the fact below ?

Average clan rating.
Metallica - 1614
Easy Riders - 1382

We artificially lower our ratings to
more than 200 points above your clan average.

Care to explain your accusations ?
you and your clan have been caught numerous times artificially resigning games reducing your rating. You have also engaged in countless lopsided challenges as have been documented on this forum. Your clan is a clan of vultures.

rc

Moves
11 Mar 16
2 edits

I would like to see bans for Anti-Metallica, Breaking Bad and Arrow clans.
They serve no purpose other than to pile on points to your clan

Then have all their points to your clan rolled back.
Then your clan can compete.

But you are not interested in competing, are you ?

And we don't whine.
And we are aware that we could well be beaten by othe ...[text shortened]... to your clan members.
I am sure many of them are playing solid chess in the other challenges.
Why you think what you like has any relevance to anyone else I have no idea. This is no place for your personal preferences and unmitigated pompous windbaggery!

Apologize? Yes i apologize to the clan community on your behalf for pompously assuming that everyone should play their games according to your assumed values as espoused in your unwritten fantasy rule book that you have failed to produce. I also apologize to the clan community on your behalf for insulting our intelligence with your ceaseless whining, moral hypocrisy (you engaged in lopsided challenges many a time) and vilification of individuals on the basis of nothing more than assumed values.

You have NO jurisdiction here. Do you understand? nothing, nada, center of the worlds largest doughnut, hee haw! and to think that you do is simply an indication of how much your arrogance has deluded you.

Please see the Lemony one for therapy, you are clearly a very sick man (and I use the term man lightly)