Site update status

Site update status

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australian cat

Australia

Moves
03 May 13
1 edit

On the second point, once you have a game displayed (on the game history page available to all, not just participants), you may not have noticed the new header button giving you access to all games between these two players. A new feature I've been enjoying, thanks Russ.

Moves
04 May 13

Originally posted by Russ
You probably know, but I need to point out that Greasemonkey scripts modify the site after it is sent to your browser - completely out of our control. I do not maintain these scripts either, so I am unable to fix them for you.

edit : GM games link on homepage, at bottom.
Russ,
There are two separate things:
- GreaseMonkey and scripts.
- Firefox extension for RHP
I found that href stuff was caused by the extension, not GM scripts. I now have both disabled.

CdO

Moves
04 May 13

I use Firefox 20.0.1 without Grease Monkey or any RHP specific extension. In one of my games my opponent tells me that he made a Draw offer that I have never seen and I have just made a Drawo offer back myself which also does not seem to show up. Or at least I do not see myself any evidence, as was visible prior to the update, of Opponent's Decision but instead just that it is his turn to move.

ca

Moves
04 May 13

Originally posted by Kewpie
On the second point, once you have a game displayed (on the game history page available to all, not just participants), you may not have noticed the new header button giving you access to all games between these two players. A new feature I've been enjoying, thanks Russ.
Thanks, Kewpie, I did notice that feature, but it still means an additional step, avoidable if the Game ID was displayed...
In other words, Game ID is obtainable but that *immediate* information has been lost.

CdO

Moves
04 May 13

Originally posted by Cabecinha de Ouro
I use Firefox 20.0.1 without Grease Monkey or any RHP specific extension. In one of my games my opponent tells me that he made a Draw offer that I have never seen and I have just made a Drawo offer back myself which also does not seem to show up. Or at least I do not see myself any evidence, as was visible prior to the update, of Opponent's Decision but instead just that it is his turn to move.
Replying to myself ... with the "Game info" button I can see that I have offered a draw.
On the other hand .. why doesn't it show immediately in the list of My Games that a I HAVE offered a draw??

Moves
04 May 13

I love the update! 🙂

m

Moves
05 May 13

We seem to have lost the navigation link from a clan game board to the clan challenge.

If I am missing something, someone let me know .....

Australian cat

Australia

Moves
05 May 13

Originally posted by mghrn55
We seem to have lost the navigation link from a clan game board to the clan challenge.

It's over at the right side of your screen, and is now called "Results". {When you've seen as many Windows updates as I have you expect this kind of thing. 😕 }

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
05 May 13

Perhaps it's been mentioned but on the Analyze Board you can not de-select a piece. Once selected you have to move it in order to select something else. Windows 7, Firefox 20.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
05 May 13
1 edit

Originally posted by mghrn55

The "results" link, is now in the upper right hand corner of RHP screen. I had the same problem until someone else pointed it out to me.

Moves
05 May 13

Games Explorer: the 'flip board' tool flips back every time a new move is selected. Please could it retain the selected orientation move by move?
thanks
rl51

m

Moves
05 May 13

A couple of thoughts or suggestions:

1 - we seem to have lost the total games in progress which used to be at the bottom of each page. If someone can point that out, would be great.
2 - the sort of the games is not preserved when logging off the site.
If I sort my games by most recent move, then log off, and later log back in, then the games always defaults to newest game. There is a cardinal rule (if unspoken) ...
Do NOT remove any functionality in any upgrade !!
3 - from what I understand, the updates were to provide increased flexibility and compatibility for those who play on Ipads or smartphones.
First thing I noticed on my Android phone. The link to a game was on the opposite side of the page from the opponent's name. On a desktop or laptop, not an issue. On a phone, they will never be in the same view.
I have to scroll then remember which link I was supposed click.
This was not a problem with the old site layout.
4 - Similar with posting to a clan forum. You've moved the "preview before post" and the post buttons far enough apart that I now have to scroll on my phone to preview my post.
I'll probably get used to it, but at the moment, a pain in the behind.
Some ergonomic issues !!!

That being, said, there are some things to like and some things not to like.
It is change and people can adapt.

Still a good place to play chess !!!

Moves
07 May 13

I was trying to exit analyze game and there appears to be no way out. Also, please add total game count. This helps make quick decisions on invites and tournament entry.

Australian cat

Australia

Moves
08 May 13

I've been using "manage folders" for this for years. It wouldn't occur to me to look at the bottom of the page .... 🙂

Moves
08 May 13
2 edits

Russ, I have a request:

i keep updating notes but not saving them.
to help, when typing notes, could "notes not saved" appear to remind me to click 'save'?

thanks