1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 17:431 edit
    An annual reminder...as even veteran players still appear to do this!

A polite request to the few who have done this - if you do not want to receive move notifications, please turn them off (link in every email!), and do not report them as spam.

Thanks.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    01 Jul '22 08:43
    @russ said
    An annual reminder...as even veteran players still appear to do this!

A polite request to the few who have done this - if you do not want to receive move notifications, please turn them off (link in every email!), and do not report them as spam.

Thanks.
    Did you consider the Site Idea, that people have to actively opt into the move reminder mails?

You could even offer an otpion to get only one emial per day or one per week (with a bit of coding) 😉
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Jul '22 09:36
    @ponderable said
    Did you consider the Site Idea, that people have to actively opt into the move reminder mails?

You could even offer an otpion to get only one emial per day or one per week (with a bit of coding) 😉
    I had considered a "digest" email each day right back at the start, but I'm not convinced anyone actually wants that. No one has ever requested it either.

Opting in for email will not solve this either, as when someone signs up, they may report just a couple - at which point no more are sent.

The damage is done when a tranche of emails are retrospectively reported all at once.

Possibly people struggling to delete emails.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    14 Jul '22 11:08
    @Russ
    Doesn't just using the 'settings / notifictions' options take care of adjusting email messages from the site? That's all I have ever used and I have never had any email problems.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree