Forum post recommendations reset

Forum post recommendations reset

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
21 Sep 06

In a further effort to make the forum post recommendation system more effective, all 'recommendation' data has been reset, and now forum recommendations are now limited to 10 in a 30 day period for a particular user. (This remains a subscriber only feature, to prevent abuse).

-Russ

W
Instant Buzz

C#minor

Moves
21 Sep 06

Originally posted by Russ
In a further effort to make the forum post recommendation system more effective, all 'recommendation' data has been reset, and now forum recommendations are now limited to 10 in a 30 day period for a particular user. (This remains a subscriber only feature, to prevent abuse).

-Russ
Good move!

h

Moves
21 Sep 06

-Russ
Thank you Russ, I'm glad we didn't have to bin the system entirely. Resetting the rec totals to zero was a great idea.

R
Godless Commie

Glasgow

Moves
21 Sep 06

A nice-to-have enhancement might be some way of knowing how many recs a user has left.

Not essential, by any means.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
21 Sep 06

Click the recommend link on a (any) post - the recommendation is not automatically given. The numbers are there.

-Russ

R
Godless Commie

Glasgow

Moves
21 Sep 06
1 edit

Click the recommend link on a (any) post - the recommendation is not automatically given. The numbers are there.

-Russ
Excellent change Russ, though not worth a valuable rec.....

In 29 days I'm going a reccing spree.

c
Blogger

clausjensen.com

Moves
21 Sep 06

I spent one of my rec's on the initial post in this thread๐Ÿ˜€

Great forum improvement, Russ!

N

The sky

Moves
21 Sep 06

I would love to be able to say "but there are much more than ten posts per month which really deserve a rec". However, as things are, I'll probably never even use up my 10 wrecks. So, good move.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
21 Sep 06

-Russ
So trolling and abuse of the rec system got the quickest change ever made on here.

Will trolling and abuse of the alert system get you to move on the much more important matter of the state of the debates forum?

D

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
21 Sep 06

-Russ
Well done. Three cheers!

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
21 Sep 06

-Russ
Will you be able to carry forward recs in a similar manner to your unused mobile phone minutes?

If you do not rec anyone from today for 29 days, then use 10 on the 30th day will that then mean that for 30 days from when you "spent your recs" you will be unable to rec as you are limited to 10 in a 30 day period?

So many questions, so few answers.

๐Ÿ˜›

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
21 Sep 06

-Russ
Got to admit, this was a necessary move. I'm not fan of the limitations, but I can certainly see the need for it. Good job for finding a compromise that should make most subscribers happy.

DS

Moves
21 Sep 06

(This remains a subscriber only feature, to prevent abuse).

-Russ
Non-subs have NEVER abused the rec system. [afaik]

r
petting the cat

On Clique Beach

Moves
21 Sep 06

-Russ
๐Ÿ˜€

a
Enola Straight

mouse mouse mouse

Moves
21 Sep 06

... button?