Current game moderation team dissolved.

Current game moderation team dissolved.

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
26 Jun 08

Originally posted by Korch
If you believe [b]your opponent has breached the site Terms of Service 3(b) then please raise a ‘Fair Play’ ticket below. Only 1 ticket can be created every 24 hours.

Does it mean that you have right to complain only about person you have been played? 🙄[/b]
Only one per day.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
26 Jun 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
It seems to be an important feature of the new system that it provide little, if any, information about what is actually to be done to the community.
That does seem to be the case.

Seems like that is by design.

Maybe we're suppossed to be more scared of something we can't see.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
26 Jun 08

Originally posted by !~TONY~!
I think one of the biggest problems with the game mods as they are now (or I guess were) was that we never really got set into a routine and cleared out all of the other crap that we had to get done before we could just straight up look at all of the suspects. If the 5 game mods could have just focused on doing all of their work, we could have probably look ...[text shortened]... got through very little because we never really got to cover all of the initial "fixed costs".
Thanks for shedding some light on what happened to the brief ressurection of the game mods.

S

Moves
26 Jun 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Red Night
...Maybe we're suppossed to be more scared of something we can't see.
Why would you be scared?
I think you meant "they're" 😛

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Jun 08
2 edits

ET
Phoneless

Friendly Chess Club

Moves
27 Jun 08

Reply and quote not working? Perhaps it's a site enhancement....

Anyways, you're certainly wrong regards one of the 'obvious human play' names quoted.
Nice post though.

ET
Phoneless

Friendly Chess Club

Moves
27 Jun 08

Ah. Your post was deleted. That explains everything. Big time.

N

The sky

Moves
27 Jun 08

Originally posted by English Tal
Reply and quote not working? Perhaps it's a site enhancement....

Anyways, you're certainly wrong regards one of the 'obvious human play' names quoted.
Nice post though.
Now you have made me very curious...

ET
Phoneless

Friendly Chess Club

Moves
27 Jun 08

Originally posted by Nordlys
Now you have made me very curious...
Answered.

FL

Moves
27 Jun 08

So is this the end of the official announcement? There is a way to report suspected cheats via a "Fair Play Ticket", but no indication of how they will be checked, and no feedback given to the person who reported them? That's a bit fecking poor.

N

Moves
28 Jun 08

Originally posted by Fat Lady
So is this the end of the official announcement? There is a way to report suspected cheats via a "Fair Play Ticket", but no indication of how they will be checked, and no feedback given to the person who reported them? That's a bit fecking poor.
Basically Russ' plan is to slowly eliminate game moderation, the 1st step is to get people further out of the loop. The elimination of the removed players list was a big step in that process, in order to keep asses in the seats he will throw out a couple bones to show the new system still works by banning some well known players, and than slow eliminate that process as people wont know if they're banning or not.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
29 Jun 08

Originally posted by NorrisB
Basically Russ' plan is to slowly eliminate game moderation, the 1st step is to get people further out of the loop. The elimination of the removed players list was a big step in that process, in order to keep asses in the seats he will throw out a couple bones to show the new system still works by banning some well known players, and than slow eliminate that process as people wont know if they're banning or not.
I think the removed player list was eliminated for legal reasons and connected with the departure of Arrakis.

S

Moves
29 Jun 08

Originally posted by pawnhandler
I think the removed player list was eliminated for legal reasons and connected with the departure of Arrakis.
Well yes; just think if a very high profile player who uses their real name on this site was under investigation & later banned.
It would potentially have serious implications if the player decided to take action.
I think you are perhaps wide of the mark with Arrakis though.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
29 Jun 08

Originally posted by Squelchbelch
Well yes; just think if a very high profile player who uses their real name on this site was under investigation & later banned.
It would potentially have serious implications if the player decided to take action.
I think you are perhaps wide of the mark with Arrakis though.
Players on other sites who are banned for engine use are routinely publicly outed; you see them all the time on Playchess. If that's the reason for getting rid of the "Removed List" (since the Site Admins won't tell us why they did it, it's speculation), it's a foolish one. The Player Profile still gets tagged with a "Banned from the Site", so I don't see what possible difference it makes.

S

Moves
29 Jun 08
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
Players on other sites who are banned for engine use are routinely publicly outed; you see them all the time on Playchess. If that's the reason for getting rid of the "Removed List" (since the Site Admins won't tell us why they did it, it's speculation), it's a foolish one. The Player Profile still gets tagged with a "Banned from the Site", so I don't see what possible difference it makes.
This sort of thinking:

"They may be sure that A is a comp cheater, but they don't want to be sued by A for defamation or have their cheat detection staff hauled into court to explain their methods on the witness stand. The ICC may have enough information to satisfy them - and of course it's written into the user agreement that they can tag you as a (C) if they want, or deny you rated-game privileges - but it might not have enough information to satisfy a judge or jury. And it's not written into the agreement that they can publicly label you as a crook in statements to the chess world as large. So the ICC ends up trying to resolve these things silently, without public noise."

Source:
http://www.chessninja.com/dailydirt/2007/03/hasbun_no_hasbeen.htm

You may laugh and say "this is hardly the ICC" but the player with a high profile who gets banned using his real name here... I could see the word getting around.