Conditional Moves

Conditional Moves

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
27 Nov 08

Originally posted by Rene-Claude
On the right of your game board is a list:-

Message your opponent
Notebook
Flip board
Offer draw
Claim draw
Resign
Conditional moves
Subscribe
After move preference
Skip this game for now
Analyze board Game Log
Con. move queuePrint board

Between 'Resign' and 'Subscribe' you will see 'Conditional moves' - click on this
Thanks Rene-Claude 🙂 found it... Think I ll make an appointment to get my glasses checked....
adalia x

n
Just Guess kivsyuib

kivsyuib Between a-;

Moves
27 Nov 08
1 edit

Seems there's a bug with the conditional moves - cant do that o' so special move where a pawn can take another pawn when the other pawn has just moved 2 spaces on it's first move by moving to where it would have been if it was to have moved only 1 space - sorry can never remember the name of it. Here's a screen shot of what I'm talking about:

http://ars-technomagia.org/images/conditional-move-bug.JPG

Oh also for all those having issues using conditional move - I've found that I have to make my move and then return to the game while it's my opponents turn in order to get the conditional moves to work.

E
Drama Pawn

Alexandria, VA, USA

Moves
27 Nov 08

Originally posted by nswearin
Seems there's a bug with the conditional moves - cant do that o' so special move where a pawn can take another pawn when the other pawn has just moved 2 spaces on it's first move by moving to where it would have been if it was to have moved only 1 space - sorry can never remember the name of it. Here's a screen shot of what I'm talking about:

http://ars- ...[text shortened]... n to the game while it's my opponents turn in order to get the conditional moves to work.
I just ran into the same problem. The move is called "en passant". And the new conditional move functionality does not allow for it. That's definitely a bug. 🙂

v
Intermediate Player

Saigon, Vietnam

Moves
28 Nov 08

I think I am the one who thought of it and told some of the players who chat about it. I told them that gameknot does it and that it was an excellent thing to have for chess sites. I do not come on the forums that much. I don't even know how it works on this site at all.

e4

Moves
30 Nov 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Eldaveer
I just ran into the same problem. The move is called "en passant". And the new conditional move functionality does not allow for it. That's definitely a bug. 🙂
Me and Swiss Gambit played a game testing everything under the conditional terms.

EP works fine.

Thread 104417

OAO
ParTizan

Philadelphia, USA

Moves
30 Nov 08

tnx a lot Russ

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
30 Nov 08
1 edit

Originally posted by greenpawn34
Me and Swiss Gambit played a game testing everything under the conditional terms.

EP works fine.

Thread 104417
It worked fine when it was the "IF" part of the move, i.e. "IF exf6ep then Kd8", although the Pf5 was not removed automatically. I had to manually remove it.

I'm not sure it works as the "THEN" part, i.e. "IF f5 then exf6ep".

Moves
03 Dec 08

I notice that the Analyze function does not work if there are any active conditional moves. Is this something we will have to accept ?

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
03 Dec 08

Originally posted by kingcolemk
I notice that the Analyze function does not work if there are any active conditional moves. Is this something we will have to accept ?
The analyse board facility still works on games that have conditional moves set (works for me anyhow). Describe your problem in a bit more detail.

Consider posting a new thread in the help forum (it gets read a bit more often than here I think).