Bookmarks sunsetted

Bookmarks sunsetted

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
18 Apr 23

The current implementation* of "bookmarks" will be sunsetted within a few months.

Very few people actually appear to use this feature, and it adds to the "technical debt" of maintaining the site (unused features).

If you have any notes in any bookmarks you wish to keep, please copy them offline in the near future.

*An updated version will appear at some point in the future, but no bookmarks will be migrated forward to the newer implementation.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
18 Apr 23

@russ said
The current implementation* of "bookmarks" will be sunsetted within a few months.

Very few people actually appear to use this feature, and it adds to the "technical debt" of maintaining the site (unused features).

If you have any notes in any bookmarks you wish to keep, please copy them offline in the near future.

*An updated version will appear at some point in the future, but no bookmarks will be migrated forward to the newer implementation.
Think I used it once in 13 years
Can't even remember why now,so it won't affect me I don't think

Über-Nerd

Moves
21 Apr 23

@Russ

I don't ever use the book marks feature and won't miss it. I do use game notes though; please keep this.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
328d

@moonbus said
@Russ

I don't ever use the book marks feature and won't miss it. I do use game notes though; please keep this.
I'm considering retaining both the bookmark system and notes, but the presentation will be very different, as it will be integrated into the main games directory.