FischerRandom tournaments?

FischerRandom tournaments?

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Geek

Behind you...

Moves
21 Apr 06

I want in too. Though I've never won a Fischer Random game...

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
21 Apr 06

Originally posted by seraphimvulture
I want in too. Though I've never won a Fischer Random game...
It'll be Shuffle Chess, any starting position possible for FR is also possible for FR, but so are a whole bunch of positions which aren't legal in FR.

l
Man of Steel

rushing to and fro

Moves
21 Apr 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
A firefox extension which allows you to run scripts on certain webpages (on your end) which can add things to the page. The one I'm talking about adds an option to import via FEN to the Set Piece page.
Sweet! I'm in. If we're voting, I'm for 3/7 or 3/14 time controls.

Y
Renaissance

OnceInALifetime

Moves
25 Apr 06

What does need to be decided is whether we wish to play FR or Shuffle Chess. FR has a smaller number of starting positions (king must be between the rooks) and odd castling rules which would be a nightmare to implement (basically you would tell your opponent you were castling and they would move a piece back and forward while you did so). Shuffle Chess doe ...[text shortened]... l not be entering (as there could be accusations of unfairly selecting starting positions).
Count me in too. I also think shuffle chess is the best bet. Glad to see some interest, hopefully more people will be willing to play in a shuffle chess tournament.

I don't think anyone (at least anyone who posted) would have any problem if you entered XanthosNZ; thank you for setting up this tournament.

l
Man of Steel

rushing to and fro

Moves
26 Apr 06

Originally posted by Yuga
I don't think anyone (at least anyone who posted) would have any problem if you entered XanthosNZ....
I concur. It's only a game, and an unrated one at that. Besides which, if someone were truly determined to cheat, then unfairly selected starting positions would be the least of our worries.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
26 Apr 06

As people have expressed the wish that I enter I'll make a compromise, I'll enter if it'll make the numbers even.

Entrants so far (in alphabetical order):
GambitAccepted
leisurelysloth
seraphimvulture
XanthosNZ
Yuga
zebano

Entries still open for the moment. Please either post here or PM me if you wish to enter.

G

Moves
28 Apr 06

I'd like to see

(a) the games rated

(b) an everyone-plays everyone format, but one round at a time (so only two games at a time), and

(c) different boards every round, to mix it up (so everyone plays both sides of every board but against different people).

s
Geek

Behind you...

Moves
28 Apr 06

Originally posted by GambitAccepted
I'd like to see

(a) the games rated

(b) an everyone-plays everyone format, but one round at a time (so only two games at a time), and

(c) different boards every round, to mix it up (so everyone plays both sides of every board but against different people).
First one is impossible, no?

l
Man of Steel

rushing to and fro

Moves
28 Apr 06

Originally posted by GambitAccepted
I'd like to see

(a) the games rated

Makes no difference to me. I dunno how we'd accomplish (a) though....

The Don

Nihon

Moves
29 Apr 06

Originally posted by leisurelysloth
Makes no difference to me. I dunno how we'd accomplish (a) though....
i would recommend schemingmind.com

I play FisherRandom, Kriegspiel and heaps of chess variants on that website all the time.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
03 May 06

Another bump before I start this puppy up.

z

Moves
05 May 06

I vote that we give people until monday to join, then we start this up.

Y
Renaissance

OnceInALifetime

Moves
05 May 06

Chihuahua? 🙂

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
07 May 06

Let's get this thing underway. First round pairings are by rating.

1) XanthosNZ
2) seraphimvulture
3) Yuga
4) GambitAccepted
5) leisurelysloth
6) zebano

Positions have been randomly determined and we have:
XanthosNZ v. seraphimvulture
FEN: rbknnqbr/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/RBKNNQBR w - - 0 1

Yuga v. GambitAccepted
FEN: bbrrqnkn/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/BBRRQNKN w - - 0 1

leisurelysloth v. zebano
FEN: qrnbbkrn/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/QRNBBKRN w - - 0 1

Players should send a pair of games to their opponent (or open themselves for challenges from their opponent). Games should be 3/7 unless you agree to a different length with your opponent. It is each player's responsibility to confirm the set piece game is correct. Those of you with Firefox, Greasemonkey and the FEN set piece addon will find it easiest to send the games. For those of you without the piece layout is the first bit of the FEN from left to right. If there is any confusion ask.

G

Moves
07 May 06

I'd like to watch all the games in progress. Here are mine and Yuga's:

Game 2052733

Game 2052727

Good play to all of you!