A-duel

A-duel

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Enola Straight

mouse mouse mouse

Moves
23 Oct 05

Originally posted by seraphimvulture
Don't you think this whole idea is rather silly?
Yes, but it sounded like fun. Unfortunately, due to unreasonable time controls I may not be able to participate, and may lose >100 points.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
23 Oct 05

No, not if you resign without moving (much). You must know how things work up here now?

a
Enola Straight

mouse mouse mouse

Moves
23 Oct 05

Originally posted by Aiko
No, not if you resign without moving (much). You must know how things work up here now?
Yes, I've figured it out, thanks. I'm still hoping to get a response from Russ.

Nevertheless, I'm unhappy with the way things turned out.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
23 Oct 05

Your oppenents in the first round are from your own country too. That should make it a bit less likely you will be needing all of the timebank.

a
Enola Straight

mouse mouse mouse

Moves
23 Oct 05

Your oppenents in the first round are from your own country too. That should make it a bit less likely you will be needing all of the timebank.
Possibly. However, if they're on the West Coast and make a move after me, I'll lose at least 8 hours a day, and possibly 16 if I don't check my games before school. I still don't know whether or not to drop out, and that's causing me some anguish.

a

omnipresent

Moves
23 Oct 05

You can always message your opponents if they are willing not to claim the win. Although it is claimed to be so, I don't think the automatic timeout is enabled yet. I have not experienced it in very recent tournaments, so you should be save on that aspect.
As far as I know, auto timeout happens 2 days after the timeout becomes available and no move is made. Personally, I'm not scared of my opponent timing me out as soon as the skull pops (as I've played him before and I like him), but I've been timed out once when my opponent claimed the win immediately after he moved. 😕
Sorry if the time controls cause distress to you, but I'm reasonably sure that if you move once a day, it's unlikely you'll be timed out.
Anyways, sorry guys... I'm just happy it started 😀

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
23 Oct 05

Originally posted by angie88
As far as I know, auto timeout happens 2 days after the timeout becomes available and no move is made.
But have you experienced it? Has one of your games actually been timed out? Not in my games, although they should have. The skull was there for days. Eventually I claiimed the win because the other opponents were doing the same. But I doubt I was not over the two days grace period.

a
Enola Straight

mouse mouse mouse

Moves
23 Oct 05
1 edit

As far as I know, auto timeout happens 2 days after the timeout becomes available and no move is made. Personally, I'm not scared of my opponent timing me out as soon as the skull pops (as I've played him before and I like him), but I've been timed out once when my opponent claimed the win immediately after he moved. 😕
Sorry if the time controls cause d ...[text shortened]... day, it's unlikely you'll be timed out.
Anyways, sorry guys... I'm just happy it started 😀
But one of my opponent's profile says explicitly that he'll take all timeouts in tournament games. I'm just not quite sure why it had to be this short.

a

omnipresent

Moves
23 Oct 05

Originally posted by ark13
But one of my opponent's profile says explicitly that he'll take all timeouts in tournament games. I'm just not quite sure why it had to be this short.
neither am I, but I think it's rather rude to go about complaining like this, as it was Chris who did us a favor in the first place...

a
Enola Straight

mouse mouse mouse

Moves
23 Oct 05

neither am I, but I think it's rather rude to go about complaining like this, as it was Chris who did us a favor in the first place...
So he was the one that determined it? And I thought I was complaining to you...

I just can see that a lot of people are going to be really unhappy when they realize half way through the game that they're going to be timed out. I happened to notice that the clock was running, and checked the time controls, but many won't be that lucky. Also, I think that I can't participate because of the time controls. That's why I'm complaining.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
23 Oct 05

Originally posted by ark13
Yes, but it sounded like fun. Unfortunately, due to unreasonable time controls I may not be able to participate, and may lose >100 points.
Max you'd lose in 1st round is 96 points. As both your opponents are multi movers per day it is unlikely that the 28 moves only will occur before timeout.

If worried ask them both to do a gentlemans agreement to play the games to a conclusion, win lose or draw, like me and my opponent, angie88 have done.

Irregardless of the time frames there will always be the possibility of a timeout, a 3 day per move option could mean a player being timeouted over a weekend, especially if they play at work. If they move at say noon on a Friday and then are unable to get back to a computer before noon on Monday, an urgent meeting at work overruns or a client calls in to see them and hey presto timeout.

A 14 day timebank is quite a lot to play with.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
24 Oct 05

Originally posted by Freddie2004
Shut up Z-boy 😛
Try harder next time.

CI

Brisbane

Moves
25 Oct 05

Can we have one starting with C

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
25 Oct 05

Originally posted by Celsius I
Can we have one starting with C
Probably if you ask nicely enough and can drum up some support.

C
Oro!

Fear The Cow

Moves
25 Oct 05

Originally posted by adramforall
Probably if you ask nicely enough and can drum up some support.
i`ll enter