2014 Championship

2014 Championship

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Georgia, USA

Moves
23 Jun 14

The fellow I mentioned (habatke) as on "vacation" no longer is.

Yet he has not moved in either of our games since June 4.

Eventually his time will run out of course, but does not this put the entire group (#56) kind of on hold until he either starts playing again or times out?

Again, my first tournament, so I'm not sure how common this might be.

Berg Katze

The Edge of Sanity

Moves
23 Jun 14

Depends on how many points are at stake or if the person winning has enough points to claim the group.

fc

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
07 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Helder Octavio
Tournament 19582.
from 76 groups 12 have already been decided:

1 @stoke1
3 @David-Tebb
11 @Merlion
24 @Ragwort
36 @NN-Cheap
42 @Richius
44 @Johannes-Goethe
47 @Redmike
54 @ontheclock
65 @jankrb
69 @ullr
75 @sbacat

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jul 14

Hey I'm getting different time out times with my games in the tourny and 1 is only 4 hours. That's crazy, I'll loose them tonight. Whats up with this?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
15 Jul 14

Originally posted by galveston75
Hey I'm getting different time out times with my games in the tourny and 1 is only 4 hours. That's crazy, I'll loose them tonight. Whats up with this?
This tournament is timebank only.

That means you don't have any time to think (renewable after each move). Your clock just ticks away your time and the time of your opponent ater you moved.

So at the start you have the same timebank, after that if you play at different times and your opponents also the timebank shows different times (but the same sum for you and your opponent) in each game.

Sadly enough if you order your games "least time" you only get alerted for the tournament games when the timebank is near the end...

Here

Moves
15 Jul 14

Originally posted by Ponderable

That means you don't have any time to think (renewable after each move). Your clock just ticks away your time and the time of your opponent ater you moved.

So at the start you have the same timebank, after that if you play at different times and your opponents also the timebank shows different times (but the same su ...[text shortened]... "least time" you only get alerted for the tournament games when the timebank is near the end...
How did you get "Least time " to work

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
15 Jul 14

Originally posted by padger
How did you get "Least time " to work
In MyGames there is central above the list a drop down menue...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
15 Jul 14

So at the start you have the same timebank, after that if you play at different times and your opponents also the timebank shows different times (but the same su ...[text shortened]... "least time" you only get alerted for the tournament games when the timebank is near the end...
I think I understand but never had this happen before. Once one of the guys I'm playing moves I only have 4 hours to move.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
16 Jul 14

Originally posted by galveston75
I think I understand but never had this happen before. Once one of the guys I'm playing moves I only have 4 hours to move.
The idea is to have the tournament ending "in time" Even with a 3/7 format you can have games with a duration of more than a year...
Just be aware of the "timebank only" label.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Jul 14

The idea is to have the tournament ending "in time" Even with a 3/7 format you can have games with a duration of more than a year...
Just be aware of the "timebank only" label.
Thanks. It seems to change too as now it's only giving me an hour. At least the guy I'm playing is working with me....

Here

Moves
16 Jul 14

In MyGames there is central above the list a drop down menue...
Yes I know where it is I want to know how you managed to get it to work
Because when I use it I get a list that is all over the place
I have to use 18 Folders to keep up with where I am with the games I am playing

d

Moves
16 Jul 14

I have got caught out with using "Recently Moved" for my games listing when i have a lot of active games.

You can completely miss a game started where you have to make the first move as White as it will not be at the top of the list. In the end i only noticed once i had cleared all my moves and still had 1 game waiting!

This type of generated game often pops up on the ladders (on tourneys too, but then you are expecting that)

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
17 Jul 14

Yes I know where it is I want to know how you managed to get it to work
Because when I use it I get a list that is all over the place
I have to use 18 Folders to keep up with where I am with the games I am playing
It works well for me just clicking...

If I go through the various sortings all work as I think they are intended...

Here

Moves
17 Jul 14

It works well for me just clicking...

If I go through the various sortings all work as I think they are intended...
I do not think so because it lumps the time bank and the time remaining together this gives a list that is all over the place

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
17 Jul 14

I do not think so because it lumps the time bank and the time remaining together this gives a list that is all over the place
Ok so your suggestion would be to have sortings according to "least time" and to "least timebank"?

It is what you cal "lump together" what gives the problem for people who find themselves in severe timetrouble without noticing...

But I think I can remember something in the line of "least timeout" in "Site Suggestions"