1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 15:50
    I run Sonar Cakewalk Platinum (now sold off to Bandlab so no longer supprted, sigh) on the Lenovo, win 7, 4 gigs ram, dual cpu, 3.5 gig processors, have been experiencing very high CPU % and went through a number of steps and one thing sucking up CPU time was audio enhancements, that got rid of 20% or so, defender found some bad stuff, Malwarebytes found more but end result is still running 50% with nothing running. The last thing left is NT Kernel running from 15 to 40% and I can't stop it. I know it is a windows thing and I did manage to kill it one time and the comp died so had to reboot and it looks like I am stuck with that dam NT Kernel, but is there any way to at least reduce the damn 30 odd % it is sucking up?
    I need all the cpu % I can muster up for Sonar and Wavelab and such which I use to record professionally, do bands and such.

I suppose the real answer is to migrate to Apple but right now am stuck with windows. Any ideas? I have sysinternals but am still learning that suite. I think that was how I was able to kill that damn NT Kernel. I won't be doing THAT again😉
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 03:06
    @sonhouse

If you have sys internals, then run the TCPView application. This shows apps which have open Internet connections. Check for ESTABLISHED connections (you can ignore LISTENING). If you have scores or hundreds of EST. ones, this is suspicious behaviour (often triggered by malware the Win Defender may not have removed).

If in doubt, PM me and send a screenshot of whatever TCPView indicates.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 21:50
    @moonbus said
    @sonhouse

If you have sys internals, then run the TCPView application. This shows apps which have open Internet connections. Check for ESTABLISHED connections (you can ignore LISTENING). If you have scores or hundreds of EST. ones, this is suspicious behaviour (often triggered by malware the Win Defender may not have removed).

If in doubt, PM me and send a screenshot of whatever TCPView indicates.
    Ok, will do. Thanks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree