1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    12 Jul '19 04:382 edits
    @VESPIN

In the world of sports as in *any* entertainment venue, your worth is determined by the cash flow of your organization and by your bargaining ability with said org. Simple as that.

If the US women's soccer association were not conjoined with the men, then where would this money that the women so richly deserve, come from? thin air...? GoFundMe...?

It's really as simple as that. You don't see the women on the LPGA tour or in US women's tennis demand more money because they think they "deserve it", do you? that is because they can't demand it from the paying crowd or anyone else, especially and including the men players because they play in totally separate organizations.

They play the same sport as the men, hence they should get equal pay? Well, my kid plays soccer too. Same game. Shouldn't he get the same pay as the women, and if so, should the women subsidize him? what a farce, I mean *really*.

We live in a totally crazy political world today. The only way now the men's team can ever rid these women and their demands for the men's money is to have a separate organization and let the women fend for themselves.

That's my take. I should have started this thread in the debates boards. I bet it would have gone viral LOL
  2. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    12 Jul '19 08:24
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @VESPIN

In the world of sports as in *any* entertainment venue, your worth is determined by the cash flow of your organization and by your bargaining ability with said org. Simple as that.

If the US women's soccer association were not conjoined with the men, then where would this money that the women so richly deserve, come from? thin air...? GoFundMe...?

It' ...[text shortened]... my take. I should have started this thread in the debates boards. I bet it would have gone viral LOL
    I read somewhere years ago a nobel prize winner teaching at a top usa university guy was a well known genius wrote books published papers won all the usual awards.
    Someone leaked the staff pay...turns out the basically educated very rude football coach was on 10 times his wage.
    He complained to the dean
    Alledgidly the dean took him to the window and pointed to the football stadium telling him.." when you can get 80 000 people willing to pay to watch one of your lectures you will get same wage as the football coach'
    Supply and demand how prices are worked out
  3. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    12 Jul '19 08:28
    @vespin said
    @Earl-of-Trumps

They made history, and every time they walk onto the field they are expected to win including the World Cup. What they did, and have done year after year, all these years is just amazing.

They deserve far more then what the men make. More people tune in to watch the woman bringing in God only knows how many millions, after it's done most likely billions ...[text shortened]... is this dominate.

They deserve it. And good for the men for speaking up. Great Post. Well done.
    Hi buddy.
    Not even the women on the usa team are getting paid the same amount as each other which is crazy in a team sport..
    Same for boxing lightweights get a fraction of what heavy weights get..
    Being brilliant at a perticular sport does not automatically mean there is vast amount of money to be made if the sport is not popular..
    Sad but true.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jul '19 16:10
    @roma45 said
    Hi buddy.
    Not even the women on the usa team are getting paid the same amount as each other which is crazy in a team sport..
    Same for boxing lightweights get a fraction of what heavy weights get..
    Being brilliant at a perticular sport does not automatically mean there is vast amount of money to be made if the sport is not popular..
    Sad but true.
    Did you know hockey works the same way. All team members aren't paide equally they are paid on what the team figures each player is worth. You may have one player making 8 million a year and another player only making 1 million as an example on the same team.

I believe it works that way in most team games, they are not paid equally as their skill level is not the same.

-VR
  5. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    12 Jul '19 20:56
    @very-rusty said
    Did you know hockey works the same way. All team members aren't paide equally they are paid on what the team figures each player is worth. You may have one player making 8 million a year and another player only making 1 million as an example on the same team.

I believe it works that way in most team games, they are not paid equally as their skill level is not the same.

-VR
    Just got to laugh.
    The one moaning about equality and equal pay is the one who gets paid the most .i assumed she would understand IRONy
  6. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 17:392 edits
    @Very-Rusty

" You may have one player making 8 million a year and another player only making 1 million as an example on the same team.
    I believe it works that way in most team games, they are not paid equally as their skill level is not the same. "
    --------------

Yes, of course. But if you really want to start an imbroglio, just say that the women are not on the same skill level as the men. Just say that the US Men's team would whip their asses LOL

Supply and demand. Anybody can get a marginal hockey player on to their team, but how many Gretzkys can you get? Hence, His cost is UP there.

The women players here.... tell them if they want more money go get a job with Milan Inter.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 18:161 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @Very-Rusty

" You may have one player making 8 million a year and another player only making 1 million as an example on the same team.
    I believe it works that way in most team games, they are not paid equally as their skill level is not the same. "
    --------------

Yes, of course. But if you really want to start an imbroglio, just say that the women are not on ...[text shortened]... here.

The women players here.... tell them if they want more money go get a job with Milan Inter.
    Actually there are many players who are going to be paid very well in the NHL...LOts of young stars on their way up who I imagine will over take Gretzky's salary and I do believe some already have without even looking up the stats on it.

I think the women were saying that they have won more the mens soccer/football team has, so should be paid equally. I don't know enough about the game to even comment on that part.

-VR
  8. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 21:15
    @Very-Rusty
    As far as players getting more than Gretzky now, sure... inflation. If he was starting his career now, he'd be top dog salarywise, before long.

Rusty: "I think the women were saying that they have won more the mens soccer/football team has, so should be paid equally. I don't know enough about the game to even comment on that part."

Won more championships. Yeah, on their level. so? If a kids soccer team wins a championship, is that somehow supposed to impact the game, salarywise?

Make no mistake, the US women's team *likely* takes in more money than any women's team. They outdraw the men *at home8 but on the road...?? LOL The men will play to 100,000 in Mexico City while the women play to very small crowds.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/fan-influx-hasn-t-bridged-soccer-s-alleged-gender-wage-n548496

BUT... the real index is how much revenue they bring in. I dare say that admittance to the women's games are clearly lower than a ticket to the men's games outside the US. (I don't know about in US)
    Then their is TV revenue and again, on the road, the men draw a much higher viewing audience.

That has to be how they are paid. They should get off this baloney about "equal job, equal pay" because their jobs are NOT equal. Same occupation but not the same tasks. You think these women defenders can stop a good men's team from scoring? fat chance. Such a match would be a D league exercise.

All the women are doing is going for the men's money with a passion play and a 'gina.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 21:19
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @Very-Rusty
    As far as players getting more than Gretzky now, sure... inflation. If he was starting his career now, he'd be top dog salarywise, before long.

Rusty: "I think the women were saying that they have won more the mens soccer/football team has, so should be paid equally. I don't know enough about the game to even comment on that part."

Won more c ...[text shortened]... exercise.

All the women are doing is going for the men's money with a passion play and a 'gina.
    That is your opinion on it. I am sure others would have opinions that differ from yours. Like I said I don't know enough about the game.

I just know in all sports different players on the same team are paid different amounts of money. It depends on your skills compared to the next guys skills.
    This is discussed between the player agents and team owners.

-VR
  10. Standard memberPatzering
    is getting old...
    Moves
    14 Jul '19 18:56
    The women's team played twice as many games as the men.
    That's why their wins are up.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Jul '19 05:49
    @earl-of-trumps said

Then their is TV revenue and again, on the road, the men draw a much higher viewing audience.
    https://tvline.com/2019/07/08/fifa-womens-world-cup-final-ratings-usa-beats-netherlands/

The womens final had a 20% bigger viewership than the 2018 mens final.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Jul '19 14:19
    @wolfgang59 said
    https://tvline.com/2019/07/08/fifa-womens-world-cup-final-ratings-usa-beats-netherlands/

Perhaps because they had the better team?

Play one against the other if you want to find out who is better. IF I were a betting man my money would go on the Men!

-VR
  13. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    15 Jul '19 21:08
    @wolfgang59 said

Sorry Wolf, but that was incredibly disingenuous.

You pick the USA coverage ONLY, and you compare the women's USA team in the US to the men's France v. Croatia - as seen in the US. PLEASE!

Are you a lawyer? And no, I am not going to get boring stats from the France Croatia matchup as seen in France. I could but I won't 🙂
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 02:17
    @earl-of-trumps said
    You pick the USA coverage ONLY, and you compare the women's USA team in the US to the men's France v. Croatia - as seen in the US. PLEASE!
    I didn't think the world existed outside of the USA for you!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree