upcoming Ashes Tests

upcoming Ashes Tests

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
08 Jul 09
2 edits

Originally posted by Elamef37
It's okay Robbie, I wouldn't want you wasting your time on himπŸ˜€

He's too much of a misery guts anywayπŸ˜‰

I really do want the Aussies to win, but we'll just have to wait and see πŸ™‚
goodness me Binds, the pommies made 336, for 7. gulp!

l
Kara Thrace &

her special destiny

Moves
09 Jul 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
goodness me Binds, the pommies made 336, for 7. gulp!
England had a good first day. Well done to them.

Queenslander

Tropical North

Moves
09 Jul 09

In my humble opinion, and being a chick an all, I thought it was pretty even πŸ™‚

rc

Moves
09 Jul 09

Originally posted by Elamef37
In my humble opinion, and being a chick an all, I thought it was pretty even πŸ™‚
Lol, In my amazing opinion., being a dude and all, i thought Australia had the morning, the Pommies the afternoon, by evening it was balanced. it was great to see Pieterson walk and i thought the Australian bowlers did alright on what purported to be a pitch with little bounce!

Queenslander

Tropical North

Moves
09 Jul 09

Lol, In my amazing opinion., being a dude and all, i thought Australia had the morning, the Pommies the afternoon, by evening it was balanced. it was great to see Pieterson walk and i thought the Australian bowlers did alright on what purported to be a pitch with little bounce!
And speaking of Pieterson, what in the world was he thinking????

F

Moves
09 Jul 09

As a day of cricket, I would say it was honours' even.

As the first day of an Ashes series, I would say it was England's by a neck.

As a day indicating what we may be in store for in the remaining 24 days of Test cricket, I would say it was totally thrilling!

Is Ponting's 'ordinary' captaincy going to be a factor again, just as it was in 2005?

Queenslander

Tropical North

Moves
09 Jul 09

Originally posted by FMF
As a day of cricket, I would say it was honours' even.

As the first day of an Ashes series, I would say it was England's by a neck.

As a day indicating what we may be in store for in the remaining 24 days of Test cricket, I would say it was totally thrilling!

Is Ponting's 'ordinary' captaincy going to be a factor again, just as it was in 2005?
No

F

Moves
09 Jul 09

I live in a mudhut and all. Boonies, and the rest. Asian boonies, no less. And not even 2nd tier, like Singapore and Hong Kong. Way below that. Where Whites suffer intellectual entropy, among Asians and all © Scriabin.

But.

Can followers of this game tell me how on earth Monty Panesar ended up in the England 1st XI for this game?

ZB

Moves
10 Jul 09

Ponting is the worst captain Australia has been unfortunate to suffer since Graham Yallop. The tactical ability and adaptability he shows as captain out on the field compared to Border, Taylor and Waugh is laughable.

As a batsman he is brilliant. As a captain he couldn't lead the under 10's team.

I
Cause I'm the taxman

Moves
10 Jul 09

Originally posted by FMF
I live in a mudhut and all. Boonies, and the rest. Asian boonies, no less. And not even 2nd tier, like Singapore and Hong Kong. Way below that. Where Whites suffer intellectual entropy, among Asians and all © Scriabin.

But.

Can followers of this game tell me how on earth Monty Panesar ended up in the England 1st XI for this game?
I actually think Panesar bowled acceptably. However Swann and Broad look ineffectual and once again Flintoff looks the only bowler who can keep the opposition batsmen under sustained presure.

So we will probably bowl him into the ground again and sound suprised that he has been injured for the nth time...

F

Moves
11 Jul 09

Originally posted by InlandRevenueUK
I actually think Panesar bowled acceptably.
I agree. I was just surprised he was in the eleven. He seemed to be off the radar.

rc

Moves
11 Jul 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Zort Boy
Ponting is the worst captain Australia has been unfortunate to suffer since Graham Yallop. The tactical ability and adaptability he shows as captain out on the field compared to Border, Taylor and Waugh is laughable.

As a batsman he is brilliant. As a captain he couldn't lead the under 10's team.
Did not Ponting make a very brilliant and shrewd decision today, declare and put England into bat with half an hour until tea and rain expected! result = two cheap and cheerful wickets!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Jul 09

Did not Ponting make a very brilliant and shrewd decision today, declare and put England into bat with half an hour until tea and rain expected! result = two cheap and cheerful wickets!
That was an easy decision to make as a captain at 6-650odd

I
Cause I'm the taxman

Moves
11 Jul 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
That was an easy decision to make as a captain at 6-650odd
Simple enough...

But quite frankly even Ponting's captaincy will not come up short against this England side. The bowling is impotent and most batsmen look like commiting ritual suicide...

A

Moves
12 Jul 09

Well yes.. it IS easy to make good captaincy decisions when you are in total control.. the trick to being a good captain is to make decisions and apply tactics when the pressure is on.

But I reckon Ponting is a very good captain - especially in the face of a rapidly changing Australian team - and the retirements of many superstar players...