NBA Playoffs 2007

NBA Playoffs 2007

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
15 May 07

I was hearing the press conference and the coach said

We will play who we got. I don't know what the NBA will do with the incident.

And Amari Sto. said he was headed to the announcer table to check in and didn't jump up because of fight...

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
15 May 07

Pistons should clean it up tonight.

I'm looking for a GS upset tonight! We will see... so excited, 2 3-1 series on tV!

A

Moves
16 May 07

So it's over for Golden State. And as much as I wanted to see them win, as much as I was rooting for them to get to the next round, I do feel the better team won.

As far as the incident in the SA game.

Suspensions:
- Amare Stoudemire = 1 game
- Boris Diaw = 1 game
- Robert Horry = 2 games

One thing that is potential bad, Diaw would have been the starter in Stoudemire's absense.

And I must go with Suns owner Robert Sarver when he said it was odd that based on the incident, it would cost The Suns more than SA.

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
16 May 07

Originally posted by RahimK
I was hearing the press conference and the coach said

We will play who we got. I don't know what the NBA will do with the incident.

And Amari Sto. said he was headed to the announcer table to check in and didn't jump up because of fight...
Rahim, can you explain in detail what happened in that game?
I didn't see it.

A

Moves
16 May 07

Originally posted by Ravello
Rahim, can you explain in detail what happened in that game?
I didn't see it.
Here:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/10183384

That story doesn't describe much of the event, but the aftermath.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 May 07
1 edit

Originally posted by AndrewKnott
So it's over for Golden State. And as much as I wanted to see them win, as much as I was rooting for them to get to the next round, I do feel the better team won.

As far as the incident in the SA game.

Suspensions:
- Amare Stoudemire = 1 game
- Boris Diaw = 1 game
- Robert Horry = 2 games

One thing that is potential bad, Diaw would have b arver when he said it was odd that based on the incident, it would cost The Suns more than SA.
No, Stoudemire's replacement should be Kurt Warner. He's been coming off the bench for him all year. He had a great game in Game 2, when Stoudemire got in early foul trouble.

Diaw won't be missed as much, but he's been adequate off the bench.

SA has been gunning for either Nash or Stoudemire this whole series. First Bowen gives Stoudemire that chop to the achilles' and then Ginobili tried to stick his foot under him at the basket so that Stoudemire could come down on it an twist an ankle. First Parker gives Nash a head-butt to the nose, and then Horry gives him the body check over the scorer's table. And now they finally got what they wanted by having Stoudemire sit out Game 5. Also, if the Suns start winning like they won Game 4, or if they lead for most of the game, I'd expect to see some ejections.

Or maybe Popovich faking a heart attack... who knows what they might try next.

Don't expect them to give up on the dirty playing yet though. They know Stoudemire will be back for Game 6 and 7, so watch for them to go after Nash somehow in Game 5.

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
17 May 07

Gs out! They are dangerous team to play against...To much contact and stuff. Scary, I thought a fight might break out during that game.

The Phx situation was stupid. They should be fined some money but not suspended for the games. Horry yes, but the PHX players no.

This is the playoffs for god's sake!! What if it was game 7 and your star players were supsended?

Some playoff series 🙁

A

Moves
17 May 07

Did you guys see the interview with Stern on PTI?

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
17 May 07

Did you guys see the interview with Stern on PTI?
Nopes... When the game ended it was pretty late here.

A

Moves
17 May 07

Originally posted by RahimK
Nopes... When the game ended it was pretty late here.
No, it was Kornheiser and Wilbon that interviewed Stern on Pardon the Interruption yesterday afternoon.

They were telling him how it really is bad what happened to The Suns.

Stern does not agree.

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
17 May 07
1 edit

No, it was Kornheiser and Wilbon that interviewed Stern on Pardon the Interruption yesterday afternoon.

They were telling him how it really is bad what happened to The Suns.

Stern does not agree.
Oh!

I hear Sir. Charles, Kenny Smith and some other announcer discussing it before the game. Sir. Charles didn't think it was right and he was the only guy that thought that. I don't think it was right suspending them either. Fine yes, but not a suspension.

I wonder who won then? San beat Phx yesterday? i'll go check.

Edit: they lost by 3 points 🙁 Ouch! you know who could have go them 3 points right? Amari S. Horrible supsension!

A

Moves
18 May 07

Yup.

The game tonight should be a good one though.

FL

over there

Moves
18 May 07

The Pistons finally got it back together. Prince was hittin some amazing shots and Billups hit 14/14 free throws. Go Pistons!

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
19 May 07

How about those Spurs Susianne?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 May 07
1 edit

Originally posted by slimjim
How about those Spurs Susianne?
I have to admit, Game 6 was a simple question of who was better down the stretch and who wanted it more.

That doesn't excuse the fact that SA demoralized the Suns with their shenanigans (and that David Stern gave them the series on a silver platter). This just rewards the Spurs for their "do anything you have to just to win" style of play. If the Spurs had just left their bag of dirty tricks at home (just how many times does Bowen have to pull on Nash's jersey before the refs call the foul? Oh, that's right, they're too busy on the sideline laughing it up with Popovich) and just played basketball, the series would have had a very different outcome. Foolish Suns. They actually thought the playoffs were about Basketball.

F "sportsmanship". I see the Spurs certainly don't believe in it, so why should anyone else? The Spurs don't even deserve to advance, much less win the conference or championship. I hope the Jazz blow them out in 4, but that ain't gonna happen.

And no, this is not just "sour grapes" either. Just calling it as I see it.