How about an NFL-themed tournament?

How about an NFL-themed tournament?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NS
blunderer of pawns

Rhode (not an)Island

Moves
24 Nov 06
1 edit

Here's what I'm thinking- a 32-player tournament, with each player representing a team in the NFL. In the 1st round, the groups would be 4 players each, in the current NFL divisions. For instance, all the players whose teams are from the AFC East, in one group, and so on. From there, all the surviving AFC players meet in one group, all the surviving NFC players in another group. The winners of those groups play the "Super Bowl".

How about it? Think we can get enough support behind this turkey to get it off the ground? And can we get someone who's willing to represent the Oakland Raiders?

Edit: it may not have been clear from my post that I'm referring to a chess tournament on this site.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
24 Nov 06

Originally posted by Natural Science
Here's what I'm thinking- a 32-player tournament, with each player representing a team in the NFL. In the 1st round, the groups would be 4 players each, in the current NFL divisions. For instance, all the players whose teams are from the AFC East, in one group, and so on. From there, all the surviving AFC players meet in one group, all the surviv ...[text shortened]... ay not have been clear from my post that I'm referring to a chess tournament on this site.
Would you have to come from the city where your team was based?

If so, I'll repesent Jacksonville.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
24 Nov 06

My location says I'm the Pats.

My rating says I'm the Raiders.

P-

NS
blunderer of pawns

Rhode (not an)Island

Moves
24 Nov 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Red Night
Would you have to come from the city where your team was based?

If so, I'll repesent Jacksonville.
Well, I'm willing to give some latitude on that. This is an international community; it may be tough to get one forum-reading representative from each geographic region that houses an NFL team. Best case scenario is that we get 32 players, each of them a die-hard fan of their respective team, regardless of their actual location. But I'm a realist so I'll take what I can get. I just want to bounce some ideas off of the NFL fans over here, before possibly taking this to Russ and taking the thread over to the Tournaments page.

And Phlab...I guess you can have New England, since my current geographic location doesn't have an NFL team. So I guess you'll be representing the Rod Rust years?

d

Moves
24 Nov 06

Well, I'm willing to give some latitude on that. This is an international community; it may be tough to get one forum-reading representative from each geographic region that houses an NFL team. Best case scenario is that we get 32 players, each of them a die-hard fan of their respective team. But I'm a realist so I'll take what I can get. I just ...[text shortened]... c location doesn't have an NFL team. So I guess you'll be representing the Rod Rust years?
I'm an hour and a half from Buffalo and they're my team.

Sa-weet!

😞

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
24 Nov 06

...So I guess you'll be representing the Rod Rust years?
What makes you think I can win 1 game?! 😉

I'll wait, I'm interested... but if there is someone else trying to be NE I can sit back.

P-

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
24 Nov 06

Cash can represent the Cowboys.

Shouldn't Darv have to be the Argonauts?

R
The Rams

Moves
24 Nov 06

If i could do the toruney, I'd take the Rams. Then, I would dominate the tournament. Finally, I would "shut out" whoever were to play me in the Superbowl

r

cleveland ohio

Moves
25 Nov 06

Here's what I'm thinking- a 32-player tournament, with each player representing a team in the NFL. In the 1st round, the groups would be 4 players each, in the current NFL divisions. For instance, all the players whose teams are from the AFC East, in one group, and so on. From there, all the surviving AFC players meet in one group, all the surviv ...[text shortened]... ay not have been clear from my post that I'm referring to a chess tournament on this site.
my team in the Cleveland Browns i like the idea

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
25 Nov 06

I live in Arizona but am a Vikings fan. Put me in the 'sorry' division.

E

Moves
25 Nov 06
1 edit

do you have to be a subscriber?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
25 Nov 06
1 edit

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
do you have to be a subscriber?
As the 8-balls might tell you...

"Signs point to yes."

P-

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
25 Nov 06

Originally posted by Red Night

Shouldn't Darv have to be the Argonauts?
You're looking for the CFL tourney!

P-

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
25 Nov 06

3 hours from Houston and since I can't be Dallas I am forced to take the Houston Texans,

Angela

PS: I am really a Pats fan.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
25 Nov 06

Originally posted by Phlabibit
You're looking for the CFL tourney!

P-
I'll get in the CFL tourney. Isn't there a team call the Rough Riders?