EURO 2008

EURO 2008

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Utrecht

Moves
17 Jun 08

Call me a fool, Germany hasn't got the skills needed to be a winner. That's not only this year the case, but at least the last 10 years.
Maybe you live too much with the who was that quote, Lineker? that at the end of a match Germany always wins? Those were the Mattheus years. Long gone.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
17 Jun 08

Originally posted by Sake
Call me a fool, Germany hasn't got the skills needed to be a winner. That's not only this year the case, but at least the last 10 years.
Maybe you live too much with the who was that quote, Lineker? that at the end of a match Germany always wins? Those were the Mattheus years. Long gone.
We're not the most consistent side, so that goes both ways I guess. With a bit of luck, I do think we can go all the way but in knock-out games having an off-day is enough to pack up and go home.

S

Utrecht

Moves
17 Jun 08

Even when you have an off day, you should be doing better than Germany. Man to beat is Metzelder. What a superb defender. They say he has an average of one foul per 100 minutes!!

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
17 Jun 08

Even when you have an off day, you should be doing better than Germany. Man to beat is Metzelder. What a superb defender. They say he has an average of one foul per 100 minutes!!
yeah. I don't know how it is elsewhere, but here the commentators have been talking about the 'weak defense' of germany all the time. and granted it may not the best defense, but metzelder is just awesome. still, they've actually said: "germany doesn't have a single world class defender."

clueless dorks. and some of them have even coached the national team. no wonder finland sucks so bad at football... 🙁

portugal - germany could easily go either way. portugal has better individuals, germany better team play. both teams have suffered from overconfidence and underestimating their opponents, which has helped the underdogs immensely (same problem with italy & france). I don't think we've seen the a-game from any of those four teams yet. portugal vs. germany will most likely be decided by whoever succeeds to motivate themselves better.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
17 Jun 08

Originally posted by wormwood
yeah. I don't know how it is elsewhere, but here the commentators have been talking about the 'weak defense' of germany all the time. and granted it may not the best defense, but metzelder is just awesome. still, they've actually said: "germany doesn't have a single world class defender."

clueless dorks. and some of them have even coached the nati ...[text shortened]... germany will most likely be decided by whoever succeeds to motivate themselves better.
We didn't underestimate anyone. Our game against Switzerland had nothing to do with that, but with the fact that we had nothing to play for except avoiding red cards and injuries.

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
18 Jun 08
4 edits

Originally posted by kenan
Your ignorance is killing me. Not only you believe everything your hear in movies you also greatly lack the knowledge in history.

It was Ottoman Empire who sided with Germany not Turkish Republic because Turkish Republic was not even founded during WW1.
You are right. Ataturk was in charge when they were they were formed in 1923.

You are one proud Turk that is for sure.
I edited out all of initial knee jerk responses.

Edited some more. Don't mess with a Turk.

k

Moves
18 Jun 08

Originally posted by badmoon
You are right. Ataturk was in charge when they were they were formed in 1923.

You are one proud Turk that is for sure.
I edited out all of initial knee jerk responses.

Edited some more. Don't mess with a Turk.
🙂

s

6yd box

Moves
19 Jun 08

is it not TURKIYE and not Turkey😀

General of GROSS

Calvin's Treehouse

Moves
19 Jun 08

I am not overly impressed with the German side in this tournament, at the same time, I can see that they can be very strong.

I would say that tonight's match will decide who wins the tournament.

s

6yd box

Moves
19 Jun 08

Originally posted by knightwest
[b]I am not overly impressed with the German side in this tournament, at the same time, I can see that they can be very strong.
...they showed Portugal how to finish a game off though.

😀

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
19 Jun 08

Originally posted by spurs73
...they showed Portugal how to finish a game off though.

😀
Podolski could be a very good fit for United. He's unsettled at Bayern, and is flexible (winger or up front), and he's young. I've been very impressed with him so far.

D

Santiago

Moves
20 Jun 08

You may wish to revise this.

S

Utrecht

Moves
20 Jun 08

Yep. A well deserved win. Germany played a great first half.
The only impressive Portugese was Boswinga.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
20 Jun 08

Yep. A well deserved win. Germany played a great first half.
The only impressive Portugese was Boswinga.
Deco was our best player by a country mile.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
20 Jun 08

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Podolski could be a very good fit for United. He's unsettled at Bayern, and is flexible (winger or up front), and he's young. I've been very impressed with him so far.

D
Me too.
Podolski and Lahm have been the only 2 Germans that have shown any inventiveness.