Dodgers Favored

Dodgers Favored

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
28 Oct 17

Originally posted by @eladar
Perhaps, but phone texting is what it is.

Any comment about the topic?
Good idea to be extra careful with it in a post that is caling another poster out as uneducated.

As far as 'people in this forum' are concerned, don't be so quick to label everyone the same.

st johnstone

Moves
28 Oct 17

Perhaps, but phone texting is what it is.

Any comment about the topic?
A poor tradesman blames his tools
So its your phone's fault you can't spell?

E

Moves
28 Oct 17

Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
Good idea to be extra careful with it in a post that is caling another poster out as uneducated.

As far as 'people in this forum' are concerned, don't be so quick to label everyone the same.
Why be extra careful when posting to an onternet forum?

The grammar and spelling Nazis are about?

E

Moves
28 Oct 17
1 edit

I suppose I do not know how to spell internet.

I suppose misspelling is a topic for sports. Revenge of the nerds around here. A sports forum at a site inhabited by people who never played sports is rather ridiculous.

Moves
28 Oct 17

Why be extra careful when posting to an onternet forum?

The grammar and spelling Nazis are about?
Because if you are sarcastically calling another poster a 'mental giant' , it makes you look foolish to include basic errors in your own post.

E

Moves
28 Oct 17
2 edits

Because if you are sarcastically calling another poster a 'mental giant' , it makes you look foolish to include basic errors in your own post.
Spelling is not a reflection of intelligence.

http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com/2012/01/24/15-famous-thinkers-who-couldnt-spell/

People who check for spelling errors may be able to memorize well, but memorizing is not the same as understanding. Memorizing is not the same as having original thought.

Although memorizing is useful for playing high level chess, at least memorizing board positions.

Moves
28 Oct 17
1 edit

Don't see the relevance.

I don't remember saying it was.

Anyways, thought you had put up the excuse that posting on a phone was to blame, not your own lack of spelling knowledge?

E

Moves
28 Oct 17
1 edit

Don't see the relevance.

Anyways, thought you had put up the excuse that posting on a phone was to blame, not your own lack of spelling knowledge?
Of course you don't. You are stuck in your own point of view and are unable to see another.

Typical for people brought up in group think dominated societies.

E

Moves
28 Oct 17

Don't see the relevance.

So, any thoughts on the actual topic of sport or do you wish to continue only attacking another person.

As I said, I have no real problem with personal attacks, as long as it actually pertains to the topic.

Hating jocks, even ones that were nice to everyone and took advanced classes, is common enough for nerds. One wedgy too many I suppose.

E

Moves
28 Oct 17

I believe the topic is the fallacy of giving too much credit for wins or losses to one position in team sports.

Moves
28 Oct 17

It isn't relevant because I didn't say 'you can't spell, therefore you are not intelligent'.

I said that you were attempting to poke fun at another poster for being a 'mental giant' (sarcastically) and being uneducated (the 8th grade reference).

By doing so with a post containing a very basic spelling error, you looked foolish. Be that via your own fat fingers and a phone or not.

You may strive to make assumptions about my own mental abilities if you wish. You would be wrong do far.

E

Moves
28 Oct 17

It isn't relevant because I didn't say 'you can't spell, therefore you are not intelligent'.

I said that you were attempting to poke fun at another poster for being a 'mental giant' (sarcastically) and being uneducated (the 8th grade reference).

By doing so with a post containing a very basic spelling error, you looked foolish. Be that v ...[text shortened]... rive to make assumptions about my own mental abilities if you wish. You would be wrong do far.
Then why is spelling inportant in being a mental giant?

E

Moves
28 Oct 17

I suppose I can't spell important.

Moves
28 Oct 17

I thought the topic of this thread was lemondrop feeling Dodgers were favoured, but I may be wrong.

That 'spelling' post just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Let me know when you have finished adding to it.

Moves
28 Oct 17

Then why is spelling inportant in being a mental giant?
I would say that a 'mental giant' is not a clearly defined individual.

One could argue that such a person has a huge memory, and is thus likely to be a very able speller.

Wouldn't you agree?