College football once stop thread!!

College football once stop thread!!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
04 Oct 10

Oregon is most definitely top five, but at this juncture I doubt they could beat Bama or OSU. Boise State does not belong in the top five. Especially not after it's cupcake season. Even TCU may not be deserving either, but after the big three of Bama, OSU and Oregon ther's a big dropoff. I agree with badwater about Oregon's defense not getting enough credit. They shut down a powerful offense the second half of the game, dug themselves out of a hole lesser teams would have caved under and showed grit they didn't last year! James is awesome at RB and their new QB makes one forget Masoli as a bad dream.

s

Moves
04 Oct 10

Originally posted by Eladar
Waiting on Shortcircuit. I'm interested in reading his response to the game and the fact that TT is getting pounded by Iowa State. Next week Texas is probably going to lose again when they head north to Nebraska.
Here's what I posted in the Lone Star Club under the heading "Texas Sux"

How could this sorry team have ever been ranked in the top ten? Some gelling of the offense and defense like another poster said? Ha! Terrible. Even with a chance to win they cough it up! Hats off to OU, a real team! And TCU and Alabama. When Texas grows up maybe it can be more like the real teams! Not surprsing. After all I predicted burnt orange toast!

(This was written before seeing Oregon also fit into the above category of really good teams.)

Moves
04 Oct 10

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Oregon is most definitely top five, but at this juncture I doubt they could beat Bama or OSU. Boise State does not belong in the top five. Especially not after it's cupcake season. Even TCU may not be deserving either, but after the big three of Bama, OSU and Oregon ther's a big dropoff. I agree with badwater about Oregon's defense not getting enough cr ...[text shortened]... t last year! James is awesome at RB and their new QB makes one forget Masoli as a bad dream.
That's why the whole season is played and rankings in Oct are relatively meaningless. We'll have a much better feel for how all these teams compare come November - even Boise, which might have a game on its hands when they play Nevada.

I wish polls would wait 5 or 6 weeks to come out. Preseason polls are a farce.

E

Moves
04 Oct 10

scaz,

OU is not a really good team. OU has its issues on offense and defense. Look at how close the score was and the fact that Texas had opportunities if they were good enough to capitlize on them.

I'm not sure that there is a single good team in the Big XII this year which is why I think OU will be conference champion again.

I'll go with Oregon, tOSU and Alabama as the top teams with the possiblity of Boise State and TCU.

s

Moves
04 Oct 10

Originally posted by Eladar
scaz,

OU is not a really good team. OU has its issues on offense and defense. Look at how close the score was and the fact that Texas had opportunities if they were good enough to capitlize on them.

I'm not sure that there is a single good team in the Big XII this year which is why I think OU will be conference champion again.

I'll go with Oregon, tOSU and Alabama as the top teams with the possiblity of Boise State and TCU.
Real good teams win even the ugly games. The closeness of the score against an arch rival tells me little. They have a stud RB, a gelling QB and a good D. I think they may get even stronger as the season progresses.

I don't see Boise St as being able to hold the jock straps of Bama, OSU and Oregon. There's a big drop off in quality after the top three in spite of the undefeated records. The way Bama manhandled FL was frightening!

s

Moves
04 Oct 10

Originally posted by Badwater
That's why the whole season is played and rankings in Oct are relatively meaningless. We'll have a much better feel for how all these teams compare come November - even Boise, which might have a game on its hands when they play Nevada.

NO argument there. Preseason polls are a joke. However, not always entriely wrong. Bama and OSU come to mind. As for Oregon, it shows how good a coach Chip Kelly is. He kept his team in the game and willed them to win! Kelly made the right half time adjustments and astutely put a bug in the ref's ear with his comment to the sidleine reporter.

w

Moves
05 Oct 10

My dream is for Alabama to miraculously loose a game and Ohio State and Oregon to go undefeated and play in the NCG. It would effectively leave the best team in college football out of the big game.

I can dream can't I? 😠

Moves
05 Oct 10

Originally posted by whodey
My dream is for Alabama to miraculously loose a game and Ohio State and Oregon to go undefeated and play in the NCG. It would effectively leave the best team in college football out of the big game.

I can dream can't I? 😠
I think Spurrier would love to make that dream a reality. A rematch would be something else, hmm?

w

Moves
06 Oct 10

I think Spurrier would love to make that dream a reality. A rematch would be something else, hmm?
Spurrier has no chance. Maybe Bama will play Arkansas in the SEC championship and knock them off this time. Really, I don't see any other team that has or can come close.

g

Moves
06 Oct 10

Spurrier has no chance. Maybe Bama will play Arkansas in the SEC championship and knock them off this time. Really, I don't see any other team that has or can come close.
Southeastern West. Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, Mississippi and Mississippi State.

w

Moves
10 Oct 10
1 edit

Game on!!

Ding dong the witch is dead!! 😵

Congrats to Carolina. I still can't believe they beat Bama.

g

Moves
10 Oct 10

Game on!!

Ding dong the witch is dead!! 😵

Congrats to Carolina. I still can't believe they beat Bama.
That witch is not dead yet. Alabama has three more rated teams on their schedule? Those teams are LSU, Auburn, and maybe South Carolina or Florida again. Alabama did not play a cream puff schedule.

s

Moves
10 Oct 10

Originally posted by gambit3
That witch is not dead yet. Alabama has three more rated teams on their schedule? Those teams are LSU, Auburn, and maybe South Carolina or Florida again. Alabama did not play a cream puff schedule.
Indeed. Top ten may all lose at least one and later in the year. Bama looks like they can right the ship! Congrats to USC! Spurrier had a grat gameplan!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
10 Oct 10

Boise State's "creampuff schedule" is looking a bit less so after Oregon State knocks off previously unbeaten Arizona on the road. And it's not outside the realm of possibility that Virginia Tech will win the ACC.

If the Broncos win out, they should get their shot at a title.

Moves
10 Oct 10

Prognostication seems to not be your forte. 🙂