College football once stop thread!!

College football once stop thread!!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
26 Sep 10

All I can say today is "wow, does the Big XII suck".

w

Moves
27 Sep 10
3 edits

Originally posted by Eladar
All I can say today is "wow, does the Big XII suck".
I think the SEC is somehow sapping all of their strength. You know, kinda like invasion of the body snatchers.

As for the SEC, they might as well put Florida, Alabama, and LSU in the top 5 every year. It sure would save some time. In addition, they might consider letting the SEC play itself in the NC game. After all, who here thinks that Boise state could beat any of those three teams I mentioned? In fact, who could?

g

Moves
27 Sep 10

Originally posted by whodey
I think the SEC is somehow sapping all of their strength. You know, kinda like invasion of the body snatchers.

As for the SEC, they might as well put Florida, Alabama, and LSU in the top 5 every year. It sure would save some time. In addition, they might consider letting the SEC play itself in the NC game. After all, who here thinks that Boise state could beat any of those three teams I mentioned? In fact, who could?
The best teams in the Southeastern Conference do play each other. Sometimes they play two times in a year. P.S. Florida vs Alabama Oct 2, 2010.

E

Moves
27 Sep 10

I believe he meant in the MNC game. That scenerio come true if we went to a real National Champion, aka play off system. I think you'd find thee maybe four SEC teams in the top 16. They'd just have to make sure that the teams are put in both brackets.

As for this year, I don't know. There may be a really good team or two in the Pac-10 or Big X. Although I am not against seeing Boise State get its shot. Look at what Utah did to Alabama.

E

Moves
02 Oct 10

I can't believe OU let Texas stay in the game that long. No killer instinct at all. Lucky we had the refs on our side this year and that Texas sucks so bad this year.

E

Moves
03 Oct 10

Waiting on Shortcircuit. I'm interested in reading his response to the game and the fact that TT is getting pounded by Iowa State. Next week Texas is probably going to lose again when they head north to Nebraska.

w

Moves
03 Oct 10

Waiting on Shortcircuit. I'm interested in reading his response to the game and the fact that TT is getting pounded by Iowa State. Next week Texas is probably going to lose again when they head north to Nebraska.
Last I heard after his team began to do poorly he went into a witness protection program of some sort. 😛

E

Moves
03 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
Last I heard after his team began to do poorly he went into a witness protection program of some sort. 😛
Typical whorn. They aren't used to having such a bad team. They think that Texas can't field an average team so when it happens all they can do is go into hiding. We'll pretend this year didn't happen when come back out when Texas is good again.

I think I was wrong about the timing of the Texas/Nebraska game, I think it is in two weeks. Texas gets a bye this week.

Now for college football's good teams:

Looking at yesterday I think it is safe to say that Oregon and Alabama are the best teams.

q

Moves
03 Oct 10

Typical whorn. They aren't used to having such a bad team. They think that Texas can't field an average team so when it happens all they can do is go into hiding. We'll pretend this year didn't happen when come back out when Texas is good again.

I think I was wrong about the timing of the Texas/Nebraska game, I think it is in two weeks. Texas gets a by ...[text shortened]...
Looking at yesterday I think it is safe to say that Oregon and Alabama are the best teams.
Oregon does not play defense. Despite a lackluster game, at this point Ohio State is justifyably ahead of them.

Moves
03 Oct 10

Originally posted by quackquack
Oregon does not play defense. Despite a lackluster game, at this point Ohio State is justifyably ahead of them.
Horse Hockey. Oregon has allowed 7 points of defense in the second half against ALL their opponents combined.

q

Moves
03 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Badwater
Horse Hockey. Oregon has allowed 7 points of defense in the second half against ALL their opponents combined.
well, then they certainly don't play defense in the first half as they have given up 31 points in consecutive weeks.

Moves
04 Oct 10

Originally posted by quackquack
well, then they certainly don't play defense in the first half as they have given up 31 points in consecutive weeks.
Perhaps you didn't watch the same game I did. Major points were given up in the 1st period - 17 - due to turnovers. One can't blame the defense when they have to try and stop a Heisman candidate QB (who may be the best in the country) after having the offense and special teams spot the ball for Stanford in unfortunate spots. After the second period the defense settled down and played ball.

But if one just looks at the scoreboard instead of making the slightest attempt to know how points came about then I can see why one would arrive at a flippant view such as yours. "No defense" doesn't shut down top 10 or 15 teams.

w

Moves
04 Oct 10

Looking at yesterday I think it is safe to say that Oregon and Alabama are the best teams.[/b]
You can't place anyone ahead of Alabama because Alabama won the NC last year. In addition, the SEC has owned the NCG since time began.

Secondly, you can't place Oregon ahead of Ohio State because Ohio State beat them last year in the Rose Bowl.

OK?

E

Moves
04 Oct 10

You are aware of the fact that the teams are different this year are you not?

Injuries may change things, but right now Oregon and Alabama look like the cream of the crop. The reason why I say Alabama is because of the way they are playing this year, not last year.

But hey, there's a lot of football to be played.

Moves
04 Oct 10

19 Oct 09:

originally posted by whodey

Ok kids, Terrell Pyror was one of the most highly recruited QB's in college football, so who wants him now?

I will start the bidding at a cup of coffee....wihout cream or sugar of course.

TP might have been more highly touted but I believe we got the better QB in that recruiting class, and I always have.
2 and 3 years from now, everyone try and remember that you heard about Darron Thomas here first.

I have been remiss, of course not being able to forsee the transfer of Masoli to Ole Miss. DT has always been better than Masoli and I'll still take him over Pryor, and he's going to demonstrate why.

Also, this quote from me from 18 Nov 09:

The Boise game may have been the best thing that happened to Oregon, because we found out our best running back was actually this guy called LaMichael James. Dude will be a Heisman finalist if he stays healthy next year.