College football once stop thread!!

College football once stop thread!!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
01 Dec 10

Originally posted by Badwater
Absolutely not true, and here you're just being ignorant. Oregon has a long, long history of scheduling 1 and 1's; a game on your field and a game on ours. We did that with Boise St. There are no other games scheduled with Boise St. because we took care of both scheduled games. On the contrary, it was Kansas St. that backed out on us this year and we had to ...[text shortened]... on does not back out of scheduled games. Be an idiot on your watch and don't invoke my Ducks.
Assuming things remain the same poll-wise, how do you think Ducks will do vs Auburn?

w

Moves
01 Dec 10
2 edits

Originally posted by no1marauder
Your point was and has been that Ohio State and Big Ten teams play a much tougher schedule than Boise State and therefore a 1 loss Big Ten team deserves greater consideration. You never offer any evidence to support such a claim and when I point out that, in fact, the best known computer ratings say that your claim is false you stammer, but fail to addre domination of the major conferences of everything about college football including the bowls.
So Ohio State is an uninteresting team? They have only won six straight Big Ten titles and gone to six straight BCS bowls, one of which was against the now #1 Oregon Ducks last Rose Bowl and beat them.

I'll take uninteresting any day than I would the likes of Boise, (did we just lose to friggan Nevade?@!!?) State.

There, I feel better now!! 😵

t

Moves
01 Dec 10

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Assuming things remain the same poll-wise, how do you think Ducks will do vs Auburn?
Auburn has been beaten up by big recievers all year long... all the ducks recievers are big bigtime recievers. 'Nuff Said.

Moves
01 Dec 10
1 edit

I think it can go either way and would be a fantastic matchup, for both sides, no matter who wins or loses.

Of course I think the Ducks can beat Auburn, the question is: Will they?

What I would like is for Auburn to take care of business and for us to not face TCU. It's not that I think TCU is an easier opponent, but I think the talk would be that if we beat TCU we kind of back-doored our way into the title. Beat Auburn, and it's a legitimate gold star all the way around.

s

Moves
01 Dec 10
1 edit

I think it can go either way and would be a fantastic matchup, for both sides, no matter who wins or loses.

Of course I think the Ducks can beat Auburn, the question is: Will they?

What I would like is for Auburn to take care of business and for us to not face TCU. It's not that I think TCU is an easier opponent, but I think the talk would be t ...[text shortened]... oored our way into the title. Beat Auburn, and it's a legitimate gold star all the way around.
Much as I like TCU, with their being from FWorth next door and all that, I still feel Wisconsin or Stanford are more deserving. As long as it's a great game I don't care who's in it. I hate blowouts! If it's TCU I would root for them. Why would anyone hold that agaist the Ducks? They don't choose their NCG opponents.

Moves
02 Dec 10

The Ducks and the Tigers are similar in their overall play and this last weekend demonstrated that, with both coming back after slow starts to dominate in the 2nd half. I'd really really like to see what I think are the two best teams in the nation play each other.🙂

Moves
02 Dec 10

Much as I like TCU, with their being from FWorth next door and all that, I still feel Wisconsin or Stanford are more deserving. As long as it's a great game I don't care who's in it. I hate blowouts! If it's TCU I would root for them. Why would anyone hold that agaist the Ducks? They don't choose their NCG opponents.
I think a 1-loss Auburn probably trumps a 1-loss Stanford or Wisconsin. In fact, if Auburn loses there's still an excellent possibility of them jumping TCU regardless. Something like that should not be allowed to happen, but it could.

s

Moves
02 Dec 10

I think a 1-loss Auburn probably trumps a 1-loss Stanford or Wisconsin. In fact, if Auburn loses there's still an excellent possibility of them jumping TCU regardless. Something like that should not be allowed to happen, but it could.
I believe there is an unwritten rule that if you don't win your conference championship game you don't play in the NCG after the Oklahoma debacle of a few years ago. I really doubt Auburn will lose to SCarolina, but stranger things happen. Oregon is also unlikely to lose their last game, but overconfidence sometimes does strange things to teams. No one thought BSU would lose to Nevada it seems, but me, and perhaps you and whodey and look what happened. I don't know what can of worms would open if both Oregon and Auburn lose. I think Wisconsin and Stanford jump TCU and play the NCG.

Moves
02 Dec 10

I had an asterisk on the BSt - Nevada game. Any team that can take it to Cal can play BSt close enough to win.

Interesting that because BSt has overpowered so many teams, their kicker (in spite of all the points he has put up) had NEVER been in a pressure situation, with the game on the line. Obviously, he failed...but the lesson is there for other teams - like Oregon - that really haven't had their kicker have to come through with everything on the line. If it's the NC and Oregon has :03 left and needs the 38-yard FG to win, do they win? I don't know, and I don't know of a single Oregon fan that wants to be in that situation, for the same reason BSt didn't want to be in that situation.

Moves
02 Dec 10

I believe there is an unwritten rule that if you don't win your conference championship game you don't play in the NCG after the Oklahoma debacle of a few years ago. ...
Except - and here's the quirk - Auburn would have lost to a team that they previously defeated. With the SEC getting all the stud points for how great their conference supposedly is, you'll see a wild debate about all this should they fall to the Gamecocks this weekend.

s

Moves
02 Dec 10

Except - and here's the quirk - Auburn would have lost to a team that they previously defeated. With the SEC getting all the stud points for how great their conference supposedly is, you'll see a wild debate about all this should they fall to the Gamecocks this weekend.
I bet not. There should be no debate. AFter all, Auburn was losing badly to SC then pulled it off. If they lose after being unable to pull it off again against a team they previously beat, voters will look at Stanford or Wisconsin, especially if Oregon also loses. I know if I had a vote that's what I would do.

Indeed pressure kicking is an art seldom used by the steamroller teams. I feel sorry for the kid. The arm of Kellen Moor is impressive. We were told he could not throw the long ball! Oregon'skicker is indeed a question mark. If it does end up being Stanford in the NCG beware of a team previously beaten! Hardest games to win!

Moves
02 Dec 10

Last year I predicted that LaMichael James would be a finalist for the Heisman if he stayed healthy.

I predict that LaMichael James wins the Heisman next year if he stays healthy.

Moves
02 Dec 10

That's why the whole season is played and rankings in Oct are relatively meaningless. We'll have a much better feel for how all these teams compare come November - even Boise, which might have a game on its hands when they play Nevada.

I wish polls would wait 5 or 6 weeks to come out. Preseason polls are a farce.
Quote from Oct 4th! LOL

s

Moves
02 Dec 10

Quote from Oct 4th! LOL
WE both had it right! Flukey since the loss was flukey, yet it says so much about BSU's lack of grit and killer instinct. Oregon and Auburn seem to start slow, but close strong. Can never let up, especially against a good team. I remember last year's Oregon-Arizona game. I thought Arizona had them but Ducks found a way. I thought that single win would color their 2010 season and it did!

Moves
03 Dec 10

It must be Civil War Weekend!!!!!