College football once stop thread!!

College football once stop thread!!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
09 Nov 10

I like watching some games, but I'm no great fan of college football in general. I might watch a bit of an SEC game on saturday morning, but I'm not going to watch the entire game. I just don't care about the teams, if the under dog is winning perhaps I'll watch longer, but other than that I could care less.

I don't watch ESPN, so I suppose I'm not being influenced by the hype.

s

Moves
09 Nov 10

Originally posted by whodey
The blue field is part of their secret to winning. They simply provide contact lenses to their players which turn the field green when looking at it. The opposition, however, quitely goes mad.

It's akin to Iowa painting their opponents locker room pink. And when I say paint it pink, I mean EVERYTHING is painted pink. Hilarious!!
Next they'll use blue balls! I hate the field, but their uniforms are certainly cool! All sorts of trickery such as why is it not "Boaz state"? Iowa shuld put a chemical in urinals and potties to turn urine pink and alternately pregnancy test shaped urinals and drive opponents truly nuts!

w

Moves
14 Nov 10
1 edit

After watching games this weekend, it is apparent to most that teams like TCU were overrated for beating Utah. After all, ND beat them soundly and are not even ranked!! That alone should keep them out of the NCG even though they may go undefeated.

As for the Rose Bowl, that would appear to belong to Wisconsin after Iowa lost to Northwestern. Now if OSU beats a beat up Iowa team who cares? I suppose if my Buckeyes go undefeated the rest of the year that would leave either the Orange Bowl or the Sugar Bowl for them to go to. Of course, if they lose one more game it is curtains!!!

After watching Oregon this weekend, I remain unimpressed by them. It is my guess that the real NCG will be held at the SEC championship game.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Nov 10
1 edit

After watching games this weekend, it is apparent to most that teams like TCU were overrated for beating Utah. After all, ND beat them soundly and are not even ranked!! That alone should keep them out of the NCG even though they may go undefeated.

As for the Rose Bowl, that would appear to belong to Wisconsin after Iowa lost to Northwestern. Now if OS ...[text shortened]... nimpressed by them. It is my guess that the real NCG will be held at the SEC championship game.
The SEC Championship game won't have as much luster as usual as the three best teams in the league - Auburn, LSU and Alabama - are all in the same division and Auburn has already clinched it. An Auburn-South Carolina game is likely and the 3 loss Gamecocks aren't National Champion contenders in this system.

TCU had a bad week with the signature win devalued and a close game against a good San Diego State team (which led into the final minute against Big 12 power Missouri). If Boise State can convincingly beat Fresno State, Nevada (which has risen to #18 in the BCS and which beat California, which nearly upset Oregon, by 21 points) and Utah State, I think they'll have the edge over TCU if either Oregon or Auburn stumble.

Plus with the Cam Newton scandal still unfolding, there might be some question as to whether Auburn will even be allowed to play in a bowl, much less the BCS Championship Game.

q

Moves
15 Nov 10

Originally posted by no1marauder
The SEC Championship game won't have as much luster as usual as the three best teams in the league - Auburn, LSU and Alabama - are all in the same division and Auburn has already clinched it. An Auburn-South Carolina game is likely and the 3 loss Gamecocks aren't National Champion contenders in this system.

TCU had a bad week with th ...[text shortened]... o whether Auburn will even be allowed to play in a bowl, much less the BCS Championship Game.
It is yet another reason why I am against conference championship games. There is no way, a team like South Carolina should get an opportunity to be SEC champions after already having three losses.

If there is any evidence that Cam Newton and family were shopping around his services for 180K to 200K, he should not be playing. If Auburn paid for his services they should not be playing in an SEC championship game or any bowl game. Of course, just like with USC it does not seem like anyone is looking to move fast to investigate.

w

Moves
16 Nov 10
2 edits

Originally posted by quackquack
It is yet another reason why I am against conference championship games. There is no way, a team like South Carolina should get an opportunity to be SEC champions after already having three losses.

If there is any evidence that Cam Newton and family were shopping around his services for 180K to 200K, he should not be playing. If Auburn paid for his s ...[text shortened]... course, just like with USC it does not seem like anyone is looking to move fast to investigate.
More than likely if Cam Newton is guilty he will be found guilty long after the season is over. Then he can return his Hiesman as he is on his way to the NFL with millions and a national trophy to boot as he laughs all the way to the bank. Of course, Auburn will probably get their hands slapped with a two year suspension just like USC, but hey, isn't a national title worth it?

As for South Carolina, how can they play instead of LSU? I thought LSU had only one loss? What am I missing?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Nov 10
1 edit

More than likely if Cam Newton is guilty he will be found guilty long after the season is over. Then he can return his Hiesman as he is on his way to the NFL with millions and a national trophy to boot as he laughs all the way to the bank. Of course, Auburn will probably get their hands slapped with a two year suspension just like USC, but hey, isn't a nati ...[text shortened]... rolina, how can they play instead of LSU? I thought LSU had only one loss? What am I missing?
You're missing that South Carolina is in the East Division and Auburn and LSU are in the West of the SEC. http://espn.go.com/ncf/conferences/standings?confId=8&year=2010

In fact, South Carolina clinched the East with its win over Florida Saturday and Auburn has clinched the West (Alabama has two losses and Auburn beat LSU so even if Auburn loses to Alabama they win the West) so the SEC Championship Game is already set.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Nov 10

Good weekend for Boise State; an impressive rout of Fresno State was followed by Virginia Tech winning its 9th straight and continuing its march to a probable ACC title and Top 10 ranking (where they were when Boise beat them in September). Puzzling Oregon State returned from being blasted by PAC-10 doormat Washington State to crushing USC. OSU has played the toughest schedule in the country and has a win over Arizona and losses to top TCU and Boise State, but also losses to UCLA and WSU. I still think they may be a very dangerous roadblock to Oregon the last week of the season at home.

If Boise beats Nevada (18th in the BCS last week and likely to gain a couple of spots), I think they'll nudge out TCU for a BCS Championship Game spot if Oregon or Auburn falls.

w

Moves
21 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
If Boise beats Nevada (18th in the BCS last week and likely to gain a couple of spots), I think they'll nudge out TCU for a BCS Championship Game spot if Oregon or Auburn falls.[/b]
We can only hope that Boise can beat high powered Nevada. If they do, they should be propelled right into the NCG!! ๐Ÿ˜›

In other news, Auburn has beaten every SEC team it has faced. In addition, the SEC has dominated the #! ranking for about forever.

Moves
25 Nov 10

Yeah, whatever. Go Ducks!!

w

Moves
25 Nov 10

Originally posted by Badwater
Yeah, whatever. Go Ducks!!
What Badwater meant to say is, Go Bucks!! ๐Ÿ˜ต

w

Moves
27 Nov 10
1 edit

Well congrats to Auburn!! Hopefully they can win another NCG for the SEC before their program is thrown into USC purgatory. ๐Ÿ˜ต

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
27 Nov 10

Well congrats to Auburn!! Hopefully they can win another NCG for the SEC before their program is thrown into USC purgatory. ๐Ÿ˜ต
and what a great game it was! Nick Satan's (oops, sorry, Sabin๐Ÿ˜‰) team was up 24-0, and Auburn stormed back in the 2nd half to win by 1! pretty dern exciting.

Auburn kept their NCG championship chances intact. Makes the SEC championship game pretty anti-climactic.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Nov 10

.Originally posted by SmookieP
and what a great game it was! Nick Satan's (oops, sorry, Sabin๐Ÿ˜‰) team was up 24-0, and Auburn stormed back in the 2nd half to win by 1! pretty dern exciting.

Auburn kept their NCG championship chances intact. Makes the SEC championship game pretty anti-climactic.
If Auburn loses in the SEC Championship Game, it's very likely they won't make it to the BCS Championship. The SEC championship game would have been a lot more anti-climatic if Auburn hadn't beaten Alabama.

The Boise State dream is over for this year; Nevada wins a thriller in OT when the Broncos' kicker misses a short field goal that would have won it in regulation and another kick in OT. Kudos to Nevada though for rallying from a 17 point deficit.

Oregon struggles again in the 1st half and then goes into high gear in the 2nd for a big win over Arizona. Only baffling Oregon State stands in the Ducks' way of a berth in the BCS Championship. I still think an upset next week in Corvallis is possible (but I wouldn't put money on it).

w

Moves
27 Nov 10

Bowl predictions

Auburn vs. Oregon with Auburn in Fiesta Bowl winning.

Ohio State vs. any team outside of SEC in Sugar Bowl and they win. Otherwise they lose.

Wisconsin vs. generic team from PAC ten and win in Rose Bowl.

Virginia Tech loses to pretty much anyone that faces them in the Orange Bowl.