College football once stop thread!!

College football once stop thread!!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
29 Nov 10

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Boise State would be no one's at large bid because they suck! I said it all along and they finally proved me right! I agree with you on everything else!
What you said all along was moronic. Boise State's narrow loss to a Top 20 team after 24 wins in a row hardly proves they "suck". Nevada blew Cal out by 21 while Oregon barely escaped from defeat against the Golden Bears. In all likelihood there will be a team in the BCS bowls (Virginia Tech) that Boise State defeated. Personally, I think they are more deserving of a BCS bid then Ohio State and if I had my druthers they'd be in the Sugar against Stanford. Ohio State could play in the Capital One bowl against Arkansas or Alabama and get crushed.

As it stands now, Boise State is likely to be dumped into the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl against a mid level Pac-10 team, perhaps Cal, because of all the conference bowl tie ins. When they win big, no one will care.

q

Moves
29 Nov 10

Originally posted by no1marauder
What you said all along was moronic. Boise State's narrow loss to a Top 20 team after 24 wins in a row hardly proves they "suck". Nevada blew Cal out by 21 while Oregon barely escaped from defeat against the Golden Bears. In all likelihood there will be a team in the BCS bowls (Virginia Tech) that Boise State defeated. Personally, I think they are more d ...[text shortened]... erhaps Cal, because of all the conference bowl tie ins. When they win big, no one will care.
I don't think Boise sucks but there is absolutely no justification for saying a one loss Boise is their conference matches a one loss Ohio State in the Big 10.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
29 Nov 10

Originally posted by quackquack
I don't think Boise sucks but there is absolutely no justification for saying a one loss Boise is their conference matches a one loss Ohio State in the Big 10.
Sagarin's ratings say Boise State has played a slightly tougher schedule. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt10.htm?loc=interstitialskip

q

Moves
29 Nov 10

Sagarin's ratings say Boise State has played a slightly tougher schedule. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt10.htm?loc=interstitialskip
Thanks for cherry picking to prove your indefensible point.. The BCS computers rank Ohio State 9th and Boise 14th. Boise is a good team just like the teams ranked ahead of them in the computer polls (Oklahoma State and Alabama) but to say they deserve a top bowl game is just contrary to logic.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
29 Nov 10

Thanks for cherry picking to prove your indefensible point.. The BCS computers rank Ohio State 9th and Boise 14th. Boise is a good team just like the teams ranked ahead of them in the computer polls (Oklahoma State and Alabama) but to say they deserve a top bowl game is just contrary to logic.
Your point was and has been that Ohio State and Big Ten teams play a much tougher schedule than Boise State and therefore a 1 loss Big Ten team deserves greater consideration. You never offer any evidence to support such a claim and when I point out that, in fact, the best known computer ratings say that your claim is false you stammer, but fail to address the point.

Ohio State is an uninteresting team with a record of failure in bowl games. If they don't go to the BCS bowls, they'd still get a rather major bowl bid against a top 15 team. On the other hand, Boise State which is recognized as one of the top teams in the country if they don't get a BCS bid will be relegated to a minor bowl against a team that barely qualified for a bowl bid. This is an unfortunate result of the domination of the major conferences of everything about college football including the bowls.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
29 Nov 10

On a related topic, here's a good article how the BCS has corrupted the computer rankings it uses mainly by forcing them to remove margin of victory from ANY consideration: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ys-deathtothebcs101310

It also points out that one of the six computer components of the BCS, Billingsley, is provided by an individual who not only isn't a mathematician, but also has only a high school education!

q

Moves
29 Nov 10

On a related topic, here's a good article how the BCS has corrupted the computer rankings it uses mainly by forcing them to remove margin of victory from ANY consideration: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ys-deathtothebcs101310

It also points out that one of the six computer components of the BCS, Billingsley, is provided ...[text shortened]... y an individual who not only isn't a mathematician, but also has only a high school education!
I understand your concern, including margin of victory certainly would help teams who play poor teams.

Maybe the good news for both of us is that with conference realignment teams like TCU, Boise and Utah will be playing tougher competetion in the future and this issue should become moot.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
29 Nov 10

I understand your concern, including margin of victory certainly would help teams who play poor teams.

Maybe the good news for both of us is that with conference realignment teams like TCU, Boise and Utah will be playing tougher competetion in the future and this issue should become moot.
You're a biased idiot. Read the actual article and it explains why mathematicians think that disregarding margin of victory leads to far less reliable results. Since strength of schedule is already factored in to the programs, the inclusion of margin of victory would just lead to more statistically accurate rating of teams. I know you're against that for some unfathomable reason, but the irrational feelings of people really shouldn't be a factor in the computer ratings - there's plenty of biased big conference voters to mess up the human polls, the computer ratings are supposed to be impartial but the BCS insists on disregarding what the people who make the ratings feel is a crucial factor.

q

Moves
29 Nov 10

You're a biased idiot. Read the actual article and it explains why mathematicians think that disregarding margin of victory leads to far less reliable results. Since strength of schedule is already factored in to the programs, the inclusion of margin of victory would just lead to more statistically accurate rating of teams. I know you're against that for ...[text shortened]... e BCS insists on disregarding what the people who make the ratings feel is a crucial factor.
The polls are already biased for small teams. There is absolutely no imaginable reason for TCU to get any first place votes and there was no justification last week for Boise to have any first place votes either. The softspot in your heart for the undeserving just makes you a redistributive idiot.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
29 Nov 10

The polls are already biased for small teams. There is absolutely no imaginable reason for TCU to get any first place votes and there was no justification last week for Boise to have any first place votes either. The softspot in your heart for the undeserving just makes you a redistributive idiot.
Stop pretending you're some sort of expert when you obviously don't know jack about the game. Your opinions are utterly unsupported by facts and are completely worthless.

s

Moves
30 Nov 10

What you said all along was moronic. Boise State's narrow loss to a Top 20 team after 24 wins in a row hardly proves they "suck". Nevada blew Cal out by 21 while Oregon barely escaped from defeat against the Golden Bears. In all likelihood there will be a team in the BCS bowls (Virginia Tech) that Boise State defeated. Personally, I think they are more d ...[text shortened]... erhaps Cal, because of all the conference bowl tie ins. When they win big, no one will care.
Because they suck bad, that's why! Any team that misses two chipshot field goals sucks real bad. Proves once and for all they had no business at the top of the polls and the voters were right to move TCU ahead of them. Too bad for you and BSU defenders that they were not up to snuff. It looks like they get the HUmanitarian Bowl, watched by friends and family only and lost about 13 mil in revenue.

q

Moves
30 Nov 10
1 edit

Stop pretending you're some sort of expert when you obviously don't know jack about the game. Your opinions are utterly unsupported by facts and are completely worthless.
I would stop talking if you stopped presenting garbage like the winner of the WAC is better than the winner BIG 10 which has three top 10 teams.

You obviously believe that anyone who does not bow down and agree with the no1moron must be ignorant.

w

Moves
30 Nov 10

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Because they suck bad, that's why! Any team that misses two chipshot field goals sucks real bad. Proves once and for all they had no business at the top of the polls and the voters were right to move TCU ahead of them. Too bad for you and BSU defenders that they were not up to snuff. It looks like they get the HUmanitarian Bowl, watched by friends and family only and lost about 13 mil in revenue.
They still have a better kicker than Michigan!! 😵

Can you believe coach Rod still has a job up north? I mean, he can't even produce someone who can kick a field goal or punt yet he still has a job?

s

Moves
30 Nov 10

Originally posted by whodey
They still have a better kicker than Michigan!! 😵

Can you believe coach Rod still has a job up north? I mean, he can't even produce someone who can kick a field goal or punt yet he still has a job?
It's all in the recruiting! Coach Rod has a personality fit for waffle House, not head coaching. Look at what Pelini's awful personality will get Nebraska. Would any family want their kids playing for these two men? I will say about BSU that they get tremendous production with less and that coach is the real thing. So are Stoops, Sherman, Brown at Texas, etc. Through no fault of their own BSU schedules what their AD wants and gets puny opponents. None of these teams (TCU included)had a tougher schedule compared to OSU's, or other Big10, Big12, or SEC team. The one team no one would want to play right now is Wisconsin, STanford or even OkSt, Baylor and such. OSU deserves a shot, but are too far back to qualify. That's why a playoff system would get rid of all the arguments!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
30 Nov 10

I would stop talking if you stopped presenting garbage like the winner of the WAC is better than the winner BIG 10 which has three top 10 teams.

You obviously believe that anyone who does not bow down and agree with the no1moron must be ignorant.
I'll wager that at least two of those three get their head handed to them in their bowl game. Ohio State is a constant choke team and putting them in the Sugar against Arkansas will be a disaster. We'll see how Wisconsin does against TCU in the Rose if Auburn and Oregon win; I have a feeling it will be eating crow time AGAIN on this board for Big 10 fans. Michigan State probably ends up in the Citrus against Alabama; they'll lose big if the Tide show up.

I suggest you look at the out of conference schedules for those three teams and compare them to Boise State's; then even a mental midget like yourself might be able to understand why Sagarin rates Boise State's overall schedule as tougher than Ohio State's.

Idiot.