Champions League Final

Champions League Final

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

J

Cavan, Ireland

Moves
17 May 07

whoes gonna to win the champions league final
liverpool or ac
give reasons for ur thought because we all know that utd fans will just say milan just like the chelsea fans

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
17 May 07

Oh who cares about the CL... Sevilla is the UEFA champ 😛

Now, seriously, I think Benitez is a real magician of the strategy and that can overcome with patience and surgeon precision the defence that most likely Milan will build.

It depends a LOT on the accuracy of Liverpool's attackers, to push the one or two chances that they will have in ALL the match.

scoop122

Southport

Moves
17 May 07

liverpool to win two nil
you heard it here first !

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
18 May 07

AC Milan will win, probably 2-0 or 3-1.

Reasons being:-
- They are arguably playing the best football in Europe right now
- They have better players in almost every position
- They have a score to settle against Liverpool so will be extra motivated
- They will be extra motivated because they had no chance of winning the league so have saved themselves for this competition.
- They have experienced Liverpools ability to fightback so will be more prepared
- I don't think Rafa knows his best Liverpool team lineup
- Kaka is a much better player than 2 years ago
- Liverpool won't be quite as motivated as they won it recently
- You have to admire Liverpools ability to get to the final, but don't get too carried away, I can't see Belamy and Riise scoring against Milan in the same way hey did against Barcelona
- If Milan get a lead like 2005 they will not sit back and make the same mistake again
- Liverpools form recently has been terrible
- Gerrard has to be 100% on his game for Liverpool to have a chance

sc

where angels play

Moves
18 May 07

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
AC Milan will win, probably 2-0 or 3-1.

Reasons being:-
- They are arguably playing the best football in Europe right now
- They have better players in almost every position
- They have a score to settle against Liverpool so will be extra motivated
- They will be extra motivated because they had no chance of winning the league so have s ...[text shortened]... ntly has been terrible
- Gerrard has to be 100% on his game for Liverpool to have a chance
You really dont have a clue what youre talking about do you?

AB

Moves
18 May 07
2 edits

See above
- But will they play it on the night when it matters?
- They did last time, but lost
- You shouldn't need any extra motivating for a night like that
- Same could be said of LFC
- What if LFC score first?
- Yeah, Rafa's a real jerk!!
- The Liverpool team as a whole is a lot better than 2 years ago
- Hahahaha. Not quite as motivated? Shut up.
- Goals can come from anywhere
- That's IF Milan get a lead
- That's because Rafa's been resting his starting Xi for the big one
- Yeah, 'cos the rest of the team are relegation fodder! Shut up....

Still bitter I see. Never mind, it's only a short trip to Liverpool to see our 5 (maybe 6) European Cups.

E
Cognitive Junta

Moves
18 May 07

Originally posted by John1916
liverpool or ac
give reasons for ur thought because we all know that utd fans will just say milan just like the chelsea fans
AC Milan 1-0
Inzaghi will score.

I'm also tipping Maldini will have a heart attack on the pitch and be substituted for Franco Baresi.

Seriously, AC will win it 1-0.

E
YNWA

Moves
18 May 07

Originally posted by Esoteric

Seriously, AC will win it 1-0.
That sounds deadly boring. I thought you rated AC Milan's scoring ability. Also, have you missed every final that Liverpool have taken part in this century? All of them were absolute must-see games for entertainment.

p

Moves
18 May 07

Originally posted by John1916
liverpool or ac
Gerrard and Kaka are both candidates for the best player in the world.

Liverpool are much stronger than two years ago.

Kaka needs space to use his pace. Liverpool are much better defensively than Utd's second string defence.

Milan are older and past their peak, but they have a dream to replace the nightmares of the past two years.

I think Milan are the slight favourites. But any team that can afford to put Alonso on the bench and beat Chelsea cannot be ignored.

Should be great, I can't wait. Gerrard vs Gattuso should be nice to see those friends re united.

c
¯\_(^.^)_/¯

Moves
18 May 07

On current form AC should trample Liverpool about 6-0, however form doesn't seem to matter in the European cup final so although it pains me to say it I think that the scum will win it again. When I say win I obviously mean scrape.

E
YNWA

Moves
18 May 07

Originally posted by cadwah
On current form AC should trample Liverpool about 6-0, however form doesn't seem to matter in the European cup final so although it pains me to say it I think that the scum will win it again. When I say win I obviously mean scrape.
I don't think LFC's end of season form in the league means a thing. What did they have to play for? Even losing/drawing all those games we still got the highest we could achieve - third. Arsenal didn't seem too bothered about snatching it from us. All those rested players too.

I hate to break the news to you but 'the scum' went out in the semis due to having a shocking defence 😉

AB

Moves
18 May 07

Originally posted by cadwah
although it pains me to say it I think that the scum will win it again. When I say win I obviously mean scrape.
A win's a win Cadwah.

J

Cavan, Ireland

Moves
18 May 07

Originally posted by Angry Boy
A win's a win Cadwah.
I think people got over awed watching AC trample Utd second/thrid string defense. What's the chances of Carra letting the same thing happen again.

s

Inside my mind

Moves
18 May 07

If the Reds can stop Kaka then it's problem solved. I think as has been said before Benitez is the master tactician. On the night there can be no greater motivation for a player than playing in the Champs league final. If Crouch starts with Kyut partnering then the Reds have a great chance.

E
Cognitive Junta

Moves
19 May 07

Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
That sounds deadly boring. I thought you rated AC Milan's scoring ability. Also, have you missed every final that Liverpool have taken part in this century? All of them were absolute must-see games for entertainment.
I do, but we are talking about the Champions League final. If AC Milan score they are not going to rush forward for another and leave themselves open at the back. They did that in 05' and lost. And a 1-0 game can still be absolute must-see game for entertainment. Not all football supporters have short attention spans.