1. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    22 May '07 15:46
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    I'll admit I forgot about Liverpool winning the FA Cup in 2006.
    Thats the thing about cup victories, they mean nothing compared to winning the league title.

If you say posting 2006 instead of 2005 makes all my posts crap then thats your opinion.

You still don't have the courage to make an educated prediction of the league positions for next ...[text shortened]... current squads and the spending potential each team has.

What do you think Mr Angry Boy?
    Chelsea are the favourites, best squad, even with horrendous injury problems they have pushed United close.

United were the best this year but had the perfect balance between youth and age. Giggs and Scholes have been awesome this year, but when they don't play United are only half the team. Any long term injuries to United's top players and they will be sorely missed. Chelsea need Drogba but everyone else is replacable.

Arsenal and Liverpool are improving and the points difference will be a lot closer.
  2. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    22 May '07 15:51

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. LA
    Moves
    22 May '07 15:54
    Originally posted by 1WhiteKnight
    I am willing to put a very lot of money down against that prediction, i.e. Liverpool come in the top 4.

Got the balls Rooney?
    I think it will be very close between Liverpool and Tottenham for 4th spot.
    Its very difficult to predict.

Tottenham have great potential and if they don't sell they seem to have the money to develop a potentialy really good team.

Liverpool are difficult to predict because nobody reall knows how much your new owners will spend.

If Liverpool buy 2 or 3 big names like Torres, Tevez etc... I think you will finish 4th.
    If Liverpool buy just one big name, maybe Tevez, I think Tottenham could just beat you to 4th spot.

I will make a bet with you if you like that Liverpool will not finish in the top 4.
    I think you will only buy one big name and you need much more than that.
    The size of the bet, well if you are talking even odds I would prefare to wait until the transfer window closes before setting a price.
    If you offer bookmaker odds I would consider a bet now.

I really wish a Liverpool supporter though had the balls to make a league prediction for 2008, are you really so uncertain or unwilling to predict how you will finish?
  4. LA
    Moves
    22 May '07 16:02
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    Chelsea are the favourites, best squad, even with horrendous injury problems they have pushed United close.

United were the best this year but had the perfect balance between youth and age. Giggs and Scholes have been awesome this year, but when they don't play United are only half the team. Any long term injuries to United's top players and they w ...[text shortened]... acable.

Arsenal and Liverpool are improving and the points difference will be a lot closer.
    It will be much closer next season, I think only 10 points between the top 3 sides.

Chelsea are not as strong as you think.
    They really miis Drogba, like you pointed out.
    They also really missed Terry and Cech.
    They are also not the same side when Robben is out, I think they may have won the league had Robben been fit all season.

Manchester United had bad injuries though, Scholes was out for periods.
    We missed the cover of Park.
    Saha - He had a great first half of the season then broke down as usual.
    Gary Neville has been out for a long time.
    We missed Vidic for a month.
    Evra and Heinz were out for fairly long periods at times.
    Ferdinand got injured when Vidic was out, the last thing we needed when playing AC Milan.

Hargreves will make United stronger and we will buy 2 more I think, so lets see.
  5. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    22 May '07 16:19
    I was jelous of Chelsea being the Champions.
    Not of the CL final, Manchester United are the Champions of England!

I just hope its a game worth watching and won with goals not penalty kicks.

But I'm afraid Liverpool will play with 9 defenders, Crouch up front and try and hold out for a draw or catch Milan on the break, tactical (yawn) geniou ...[text shortened]... ophy back, so why would I be jelous?
    Milan beat United - no problem at all with the result.
    a game worth watching like the FA cup final last saturday
    liverpool have been in 2 major cup finals in the past two years and how many people now consider these two games the greatest finals in the competition's history
    we all know that chelsea and utd would be living it up if it was them in the Champions League final
    but when it's liverpool this is what we have to put up with
  6. Joined
    11 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 May '07 16:40
    I think it will be very close between Liverpool and Tottenham for 4th spot.
    Its very difficult to predict.

Tottenham have great potential and if they don't sell they seem to have the money to develop a potentialy really good team.

Liverpool are difficult to predict because nobody reall knows how much your new owners will spend.

If Liverp ...[text shortened]... e prediction for 2008, are you really so uncertain or unwilling to predict how you will finish?
    I think spurs are way off getting the fourth place. Yes they were just 8 points off the pace, however take a look at their GD. Some 25 off that of Liverpool, the indication is, either they are not scoring or they have a poor defence. I would say the later. Their central midfield is no where near the class of the top 4, no midfield means pressure on your defence, this is where they have fallen down this year, they were giving goals away at one point. I dont doubt their forward players, they have quality there, even then they are a set of B class players compared with the fire power of the top 4, wtih the exception of Liverpool. Liverpool have a striker who scores week in week out missing. If they secure such a goalscorer this summer my prediction is a very close run between the top three, I'll venture if they score away more with such a player and turn those 1 pt draws into 3pt wins they will take the title. Liverpools away form is the problem, and not due to defense or midfield but simply the lack of goals. One other thing, the only reason spurs managed 5th was due to Bolton losing focus last but one game of the season, if whoever leaked the news Sam was on his way had not and had let Sam play out the season, Bolton would be 5th. However, I think Bolton will remain in the top 8 and do no better without serious investment.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 May '07 16:43
    There's not much of a point in making predictions before the majority of the summer's transfer movements.

(IMO, obviously)
  8. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    22 May '07 16:43
    [i]

What do you think Mr Angry Boy?[/b]
    I think it's a good job I wasn't pedantic enough to pull you up on your spelling and grammar as I've wasted enough time pointing out your inaccuracies, foolishness and contradictions.

You are a waste of my time. Bye.
  9. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    22 May '07 16:44
    Originally posted by Palynka
    There's not much of a point in making predictions before the majority of the summer's transfer movements.

(IMO, obviously)
    I see we agree on something for a change 😉
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 May '07 16:49
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    I see we agree on something for a change 😉
    Ok, you're off the "dumbest poster on this forum" shortlist. 😉
  11. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    23 May '07 21:36
    Originally posted by Esoteric
    [b]AC Milan 1-0
    Inzaghi will score.

b]
    That very nearly won me alot of money!
  12. LA
    Moves
    24 May '07 04:05
    Originally posted by 1WhiteKnight
    I think spurs are way off getting the fourth place. Yes they were just 8 points off the pace, however take a look at their GD. Some 25 off that of Liverpool, the indication is, either they are not scoring or they have a poor defence. I would say the later. Their central midfield is no where near the class of the top 4, no midfield means pressure on your ...[text shortened]... . However, I think Bolton will remain in the top 8 and do no better without serious investment.
    You make some good points but I think you underestimate Spurs.

Spurs have a great strike force, the hardest thing to put together in the Premiership.

Spurs had a terrible start to the season and Spurs underestimated the effect of losing Davids and Carrick would have on the team.

They have players like Lennon and Berbotov who are getting better and better.

They don't have to sell and seem to have money to buy big, so if they get a decend CM and CB they could be a big force.

Liverpool are in a very uncertain position.
    There players are getting older and have no reliable attackers.
    Lets say they buy Torres for 25m, thats a risk, an expensive risk.

Liverpools defense is not good enough, another hard thing to improve.

Liverpool need a left wnger, a right winger and strikers.
    They are the hardest players to find.
  13. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    24 May '07 08:30
    [i]Liverpools defense is not good enough, another hard thing to improve.[/b]
    27 goals conceded in the Premiership. The joint 2nd least of the 20 teams. (Equal with your team - ManU) But hey, don't let some silly little facts spoil another of your insightful posts. Muppet
  14. LA
    Moves
    24 May '07 09:09
    27 goals conceded in the Premiership. The joint 2nd least of the 20 teams. (Equal with your team - ManU) But hey, don't let some silly little facts spoil another of your insightful posts. Muppet
    I'm actually surprised you let so many goals in considering you play with 9 in defense and Crouch up front, well not all the time, Rafa still does not seem to know his best starting 11.

Well you have a big war chest to buy new players.
    Start with 2 new strikers, 4 in midfield, probably add 4 new defenders and a goal keeper to the shopping list and you'll be able to start rebuilding you're squad, again, 17 years and counting.

If you ever start to play attacking football you will start conceeding more goals.
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    24 May '07 09:52
    I agree, Liverpool's defence and midfield holding are its greatest strenghts.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree