2010 NFL Season 'Big Pond Pub'

2010 NFL Season 'Big Pond Pub'

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
27 Sep 10
1 edit

Originally posted by darvlay
Raiders lose it on a missed 32 yard field goal 🙁

Freaky, you were saying about Tampa? Steelers look like early AFC favourites.
Who wooda thunk ol' C. Batch would have such a break-out game? Not bad for a 35 year-old rookie! In his career, before yesterday, he's made 824 total completions--- and only 81 for Pittsburgh. Three and Oh for the Steelers. Huh!

Otherwise, I took a blood bath this week, and here I was thinking I would clean up. I ended up with 7/15 with a slim hope of getting to 50% with tonight's game if Chicago takes it to GB (ha!) at home.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
28 Sep 10

As stated, I thought W3 would be my break-out week. Instead, I end up 8/8. Not bad, I suppose, but I was hoping for much better!

d

Moves
28 Sep 10

Great game last night. Bears pulled it out but it could've gone either way!

P

weedhopper

Moves
28 Sep 10

How 'bout those Chiefs!

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
01 Oct 10

There is a Halloween game in London, Denver vs. SF, I pick the 49ers.

n

weatherford tx

Moves
03 Oct 10

I'm a little rushed but here is my thoughts Den +6.5 Indy -7 Pit-1.5 Cincy-2.5 GB-15 NO-13 ATL-7.5 SEA -2 NYJ-6 HOU-4 SD-10 PHILLY -5.5 CHI +3.5 NE-1.5

Moves
03 Oct 10

lulz... good predictions there.

i've watched two washington games this year and in both their defense was excellent (vicks injury did help tonight though), what the hell did they do in their other two matches?

n

weatherford tx

Moves
04 Oct 10

Originally posted by trev33
lulz... good predictions there.

i've watched two washington games this year and in both their defense was excellent (vicks injury did help tonight though), what the hell did they do in their other two matches?
`Against HOU they had no rushing attack but put up over 400yds in the air. Allowing HOU to put almost 500 up. Soundly spanked by SL while they both put up an average game. I had my butt spanked. I hit 1 team out of the 5 I picked yesterday.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
05 Oct 10

Originally posted by nativeredken
`Against HOU they had no rushing attack but put up over 400yds in the air. Allowing HOU to put almost 500 up. Soundly spanked by SL while they both put up an average game. I had my butt spanked. I hit 1 team out of the 5 I picked yesterday.
If it's any consolation, I had my worst week ever, going six wins to seven losses--- unless, of course, Miami does something miraculous in the next six minutes and drops me to five/eight.

I don't remember this much parity in the league for a long, long time.

n

weatherford tx

Moves
05 Oct 10

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
If it's any consolation, I had my worst week ever, going six wins to seven losses--- unless, of course, Miami does something miraculous in the next six minutes and drops me to five/eight.

I don't remember this much parity in the league for a long, long time.
I agree. Jimmy Johnson hit on it Sunday. To me , they all look equal in talent. I think Shanahan is finally putting some pieces together. Bradford has done nothing but sparkle for SL. I knew it when I made my picks yesterday. I told myself you got way to many favorites to win. Power offenses are finding it tough to run and get all there stats through the air. There is still alot of info I don't get because I'm not allowing myself a lot of surfing time.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
05 Oct 10

Originally posted by nativeredken
I agree. Jimmy Johnson hit on it Sunday. To me , they all look equal in talent. I think Shanahan is finally putting some pieces together. Bradford has done nothing but sparkle for SL. I knew it when I made my picks yesterday. I told myself you got way to many favorites to win. Power offenses are finding it tough to run and get all there stats through t ...[text shortened]... here is still alot of info I don't get because I'm not allowing myself a lot of surfing time.
You nailed it on the head with the favorites. Of 14 games, only five favorites actually made their point spreads:

Chargers
Jets
Texans
Giants
Pats

That win by the Texans could have gone the other way, had the Raiders' receiver not coughed up the caught ball in the middle of the field with 1:42 left on the clock--- which would have made it only four out of 14 favorites.

Looking forward to betting counter-intuitively this week!

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
05 Oct 10

Here are my W5 picks, with favorites emboldened.

Denver
Buffalo
KC
St. Louis
Cleveland
Tampa Bay
Carolina
GB
Houston
NO
SD
Dallas

Phil
Jets

Six to eight. We'll see...

n

weatherford tx

Moves
10 Oct 10

Denver
Buffalo
KC
St. Louis
Cleveland
Tampa Bay
Carolina
[b]GB
Houston
NO
SD
Dallas

Phil
Jets

Six to eight. We'll see...[/b]
Maybe I can turn things around this week Den+8 Jax+2.5 Indy-8 SL+3 Atl-3.5 TB+7 Chi+3 GB-3 Hou-3.5 NO-7 SD-7 Dal-7 I'm biased on this one PHIL-3.5 Min-4.5 Favre gets a deep threat that can adjust on the fly

Moves
10 Oct 10

Houston
wut? no chance.

Moves
10 Oct 10

ELI! ELI! ELI!!! 😏

seriously, how you guys picked houston in that matchup is beyond me.