2010 NFL Season 'Big Pond Pub'

2010 NFL Season 'Big Pond Pub'

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n

weatherford tx

Moves
18 Sep 10
1 edit

Originally posted by YEAH BOY
Sounds like you and your offspring are headed for Gamblers Anonymous. Good luck with that!
I can't see your last comment about GA because it is not a factor. If you wasn't paying attention, I'll tell you again. I didn't just teach them how to gamble, I taught them how to chose their opponents. As I stated, by dictating ages, this has been going on for more than a decade. We don't play games here, we listen for those who think they know it all. I told all my kids to take the last seat if possible because the fools will bet ahead of them and take the face cards, if that don't happen sit on the bet and see. Evedently you still can't grasp the idea of being a gambler. Since birth almost I always told them to beware of their surroundings. You could take them to any room in your house and they could tell me exactly what kind of person you were. I raised a bunch of profilers and I'd put my money on them at every chance. I have a friend who's wife set him up for AA meetings, he refused to go but she did. They no longer have any problems.

n

weatherford tx

Moves
18 Sep 10
1 edit

Originally posted by nativeredken
I can't see your last comment about GA because it is not a factor. If you wasn't paying attention, I'll tell you again. I didn't just teach them how to gamble, I taught them how to chose their opponents. As I stated, by dictating ages, this has been going on for more than a decade. We don't play games here, we listen for those who think they know it all him up for AA meetings, he refused to go but she did. They no longer have any problems.
All I'm saying is these self help progams targer losers. I have yet to know a winner yet who had to need help. We are in a class of our own and losers are not permitteted. Why? Losers when they start losing start reaching. This is a process know as reaching. They start grasping for long shot winners. One fact to remember on a race track as well as other things, is the winner is only 1/3 of the races. Such a duanting task. This raises your percentage to 2/3 for a long shot to come in. Don't try to take me or my chidren on a bull____ bet if you don't have the money to back it up. I dare you. Double dare you. Let's settle this upon the field of honor. I'm game. Are you?

d

Moves
18 Sep 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
How does it work?
Pick an outright winner in all 16 games (or 14, or whatever) and rank the picks in order of confidence - 16 (most confident) to 1 (least confident). Instead of getting, say, 10 picks correct, you add your correct confidence scores and that's your weekly score. The highest tally (for the week, month, season, etc) wins.

Last week I got 9 picks correct and a score of 80, good for 28th out of 38 poolies. First place for the week got 12 right and 111 points. I missed on Indy (14), Det (5), Buf (6), Den (9), Cle (8), Dal (10) and the Rams (4). Biggest upset for the week was the Chargers whose average confidence was around 13. One guy scored big by putting 14 on KC.

Get the gist ya?

d

Moves
19 Sep 10

Note: Hunch is more favs than dogs this weekend.
I think we were both wrong on this one.

Madison Square Garde

Moves
19 Sep 10

Originally posted by nativeredken
All I'm saying is these self help progams targer losers. I have yet to know a winner yet who had to need help. We are in a class of our own and losers are not permitteted. Why? Losers when they start losing start reaching. This is a process know as reaching. They start grasping for long shot winners. One fact to remember on a race track as well as other ...[text shortened]... I dare you. Double dare you. Let's settle this upon the field of honor. I'm game. Are you?
Where did you learn to speak english or type it for that matter?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
20 Sep 10

Money-where-my-mouth-is time.
As of tonight, 15 games, seven losers, eight winners, betting on spreads.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Sep 10

Originally posted by darvlay

Pick an outright winner in all 16 games (or 14, or whatever) and rank the picks in order of confidence - 16 (most confident) to 1 (least confident). Instead of getting, say, 10 picks correct, you add your correct confidence scores and that's your weekly score. The highest tally (for the week, month, season, etc) wins.

Last week I got 9 picks correct and ...[text shortened]... erage confidence was around 13. One guy scored big by putting 14 on KC.

Get the gist ya?
Yes. Quite interesting. Thanks.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Sep 10

Originally posted by darvlay

I think we were both wrong on this one.
In one sense 'no' (in terms of your outright winners pool). In another (in terms of my point spread pool) 'yes'. It’s still true that NFL Favorites consistently win more games than underdogs. Past two weeks favs won 19 of 32 games outright. Also true that dogs typically win more games against point spreads. So far in the 2010 NFL Season 21 dogs versus 11 favs!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Sep 10
1 edit

Originally posted by FreakyKBH

Money-where-my-mouth-is time.
As of tonight, 15 games, seven losers, eight winners, betting on spreads.
Please quit yer belly aching, Noble Sir Freaksalot... you're still running strong with a good tail wind in 2nd Place.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Sep 10

2010 NFL Season Big Pond Pub's Conversation Log

* July 5, Page 1-----> Intro and Outline of Pub Challenges.

* August 8, Page 12-----> 2010 Preseason Games.

* September 9, page 15-----> Regular Season Game Faces On.

*** Please See Pub's Library of Useful NFL Info Links, page 14;
and page 15 for Final Summary of Level #1 & #2 Challenges.

.................................................................................

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
21 Sep 10

Please quit yer belly aching, Noble Sir Freaksalot... you're still running strong with a good tail wind in 2nd Place.
Spoilers Cincinnati, Carolina (Carolina!?), and New England of all teams. Who wooda thunk? The other losses I can somewhat live with, but these were season changers, in my mind.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Sep 10
1 edit

Spoilers Cincinnati, Carolina (Carolina!?), and New England of all teams. Who wooda thunk? The other losses I can somewhat live with, but these were season changers, in my mind.
Agree, along with highly touted Dallas.

NFL 2010 Undefeated Teams (2-0) with PF/PA Net Points Scored:

AFC: Pitt +14; Hous +13; KC +9; Miam +9.

NFC: GB +34; TB +16; Chic +12; NO +8.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
21 Sep 10

Agree, along with highly touted Dallas.

[b]NFL 2010 Undefeated Teams (2-0) with PF/PA Net Points Scored:

AFC: Pitt +14; Hous +13; KC +9; Miam +9.

NFC: GB +34; TB +16; Chic +12; NO +8.

........................................................[/b]
Screw Dallas. I had Chicago beating their l'il doggies!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Sep 10

Screw Dallas. I had Chicago beating their l'il doggies!
Dallas figures prominently in our Level #2 Challenge for fifteen of twenty three pub members.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
22 Sep 10

W3 Money near mouth
The following to beat the spreads:

Tennesse
NE
Cleveland (I just can't give up on 'em!)
TB
Carolina
Atlanta
KC
Detroit
Houston
St. Louis
Phil
Denver
Seattle
Arizona
Jets