Zechariah 14

Zechariah 14

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
28 Feb 19

Written around 500 BCE this holy, holy divine writing promises destruction to the enemies of Israel and to all who do not go to Jerusalem to celebrate Tabernacle. We all know that never happened and your god did nothing.
Your belief system says prophets do not lie.
Your belief system is manmade obviously.
Unless your god is a liar.
😲

Moves
28 Feb 19

@caissad4 said
Written around 500 BCE this holy, holy divine writing promises destruction to the enemies of Israel and to all who do not go to Jerusalem to celebrate Tabernacle. We all know that never happened and your god did nothing.
😲
Try not to let it bother you 😉

S. Korea

Moves
01 Mar 19

@caissad4 said
😲
I don't understand why you wouldn't think it's a chapter about the end times?

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Zechariah%2014&version=NIV

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
01 Mar 19

@philokalia said

Nice system! Prophecy cannot possibly be false.

S. Korea

Moves
01 Mar 19

@bigdoggproblem said
Nice system! Prophecy cannot possibly be false.
Within the prophetic tradition, there is the belief that there will be a prophet that will gather all nations, right.

These are words talking about the whole of the world basically coming to an end and all the nations being gathered to Jerusalem... The words of this prophecy are repeated in Revelations.

This isn't some shorter term prophecy about how Israel will be taken into captivity or such.

I don't really get how you would look at it and think that it was supposed to be something that would happen in the next passing years? Care to explain why that is the case?

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
01 Mar 19

@philokalia said
Within the prophetic tradition, there is the belief that there will be a prophet that will gather all nations, right.

These are words talking about the whole of the world basically coming to an end and all the nations being gathered to Jerusalem... The words of this prophecy are repeated in Revelations.

This isn't some shorter term prophecy about how Israel ...[text shortened]... d to be something that would happen in the next passing years? Care to explain why that is the case?
I don't have an opinion on the time frame of the prophecy. I'm just saying it seems too easy to say that the old prophecies that have not been fulfilled are also the ones that refer to the distant future.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
01 Mar 19

@bigdoggproblem said
I don't have an opinion on the time frame of the prophecy. I'm just saying it seems too easy to say that the old prophecies that have not been fulfilled are also the ones that refer to the distant future.
Agreed.
I can sit a roulette table and prophesy that it will be red.
After 10 blacks I just say "It hasn't happened yet"!

There is no prophecy that has come true.
If it had it would turn science and philosophy on their heads.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
01 Mar 19

@divegeester said
Try not to let it bother you 😉
Unfortunately the mad beliefs of a few can sometimes impact directly on the many.

Moves
01 Mar 19

Got one, get the net....

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
01 Mar 19

@bigdoggproblem said
It is how they keep this rubbish religion going.
Fairy tales and outright lies with fools to believe them.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
01 Mar 19

@caissad4 said
It is how they keep this rubbish religion going.
Fairy tales and outright lies with fools to believe them.
The human mind has a great ability to rationalize. It can be hard for us to know when, and when not, to trust our own thoughts.

w

Moves
01 Mar 19

@philokalia said

I think it is a forgone conclusion that Caissy is an expert on Biblical prophecy.

His posts prove that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Mar 19
2 edits

@whodey

I think it is a forgone conclusion that Caissy is an expert on Biblical prophecy.

His posts prove that.

I was impressed that she remembered that it was Charlton Heston who played Moses in the Hollywood movie "The Ten Commandments".

Who would dare to argue with such well sourced bible research?