Your stories, escape from clutches of religion

Your stories, escape from clutches of religion

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
08 Dec 05

Originally posted by KneverKnight
News to me, but I heard he was a real bastard in life. He hounded [b]Leibnitz who developed a calculus before him (but published later)
He also enjoyed sending men to the gallows for forgery.[/b]
Well, that's it--between the apocalyptic raving & his fondness for capital punishment, Newton's reputation is trashed!

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
08 Dec 05

Originally posted by KneverKnight
News to me, but I heard he was a real bastard in life. He hounded Liebnitz(sp?) who developed a calculus before him (but published later)
He also enjoyed sending men to the gallows for forgery.
Was having problem getting this up earlier due to a dodgy internet connection earlier. Yeah, he didn;t like Robert Hooke much either. Hooke is said to have worked out the inverse square law of gravity before Newton, but didn't tell Newton, just to hack him off. Hooke probably also did the whole splitting of light first too, but Newton did it better, and worked out all the connotations. Newton also repressed the 'wave' theory of light, preferring his own 'particle' theory. We now know both are correct.

Unfotunately, Hooke died before Newton, and seeing that Newton was President of the Royal Society, Newton largely wrote Hooke out of the history books. History is not always written by the winners, sometimes just the ones who live longest...

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Dec 05

Originally posted by royalchicken
Until the age of ten, I was 'raised in' the Unitarian Universalist 'church', where half the congregation is agnostic and the hardliners go around burning giant wooden question marks on the front lawns of dogmatic people 😛.

I still go to their Festivus Eve services, because it's interesting to hear the people I run into in the shops at home make unusually beautiful music.
What kind of music do you mean? Vocal, chorus, instruments, folk?
You got my curiosity up. Sounds like fun and probably won't be
contaminated with continual religious connotations.