1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 23:00
    Your last conversation on earth...

What would it be? "Debate and general discussion of the supernatural,
    religion, and the life after"? Some other topic? What would it be?
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 23:27
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Your last conversation on earth...

.[/b]
    I'd love my last conversation to be with Halle Berry.

The talking wouldn't go on for long.......................................................................

😉
  3. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 23:30
    We are go for ignition Houston!
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 00:39

.[/b]
    "What's this button do?"
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 00:58

What would it be?[/b]
    Probably either with or about my kids.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 02:512 edits
    Your last conversation on earth...

A good question.

I'd like to be spending my last breath telling some unbeliever how Jesus loves him or her.

If I could not do that I'd be telling the Lord how much I love Him and thanking Him for saving me and granting me such a beautiful life in Him.
  7. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 13:18
    Are you sure that Comet will miss us it's getting awfully big?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 13:24
    "Gandhi 15 years before his death: ‘I must tell you in all humility that Hinduism, as I know it…entirely satisfies my soul, fills my whole being and I find solace in the Bhagavad and the Upanishads.’ Shortly before his death he wrote: ‘My days are numbered, I am not likely to live much longer, perhaps a year or more…For the first time in 50 years I find myself in the slough of despond…All about me is darkness; I am praying for light." (The Free Press)
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 13:43
    My last conversation will be with myself, so many questions, so little time.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 22:086 edits
    "Gandhi 15 years before his death: ‘I must tell you in all humility that Hinduism, as I know it…entirely satisfies my soul, fills my whole being and I find solace in the Bhagavad and the Upanishads.’ Shortly before his death he wrote: ‘My days are numbered, I am not likely to live much longer, perhaps a year or more…For the first time in 50 years I fin ...[text shortened]... n the slough of despond…All about me is darkness; I am praying for light." (The Free Press)
    Do you know the context in which the "My days are numbered.." quote was said? It reads like something either taken out of context or made up. Seems like he could easily be speaking of his political work if he actually said it. If this is true, then shame on those who have placed those words in a context which makes it seem like he is speaking of his spiritual life.

I tried to find the original context, but came up empty. The sites that did quote the text that I checked all seemed to be used in a context to promote a Christian agenda, promote an anti-atheist agenda, promote a right-wing agenda, etc.

What was particularly interesting was running the follow search through Google:
    gandhi "All about me is darkness; I am praying for light." -"I find solace in the Bhagavad and the Upanishads"

This leaves only 41 sites that have the second quote, but not the first quote. A quick check of those sites also revealed agendas as above.
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 22:41
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Are you sure that Comet will miss us it's getting awfully big?
    Go out laughing?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 23:22
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne

Do you know the context in which the "My days are numbered.." quote was said? It reads like something either taken out of context or made up. Seems like he could easily be speaking of his political work if he actually sai]d it. If this is true, then shame on those who have placed those words in a context which makes it seem like he is speaking of hi ...[text shortened]... d quote, but not the first quote. A quick check of those sites also revealed agendas as above.
    Voltaire; Paine; Carlyle; and Gandhi's words (then a host of other notables):

http://www.thefreepressonline.co.uk/news/1/1830.htm

Hope this helps.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 23:261 edit
    Famous atheists’ last words before dying. Voltaire: ‘I am abandoned by God and man…I shall go to hell.’ Thomas Paine: 'I would give worlds, if I had them, that the "Age of Reason" had never been published. Oh, God, save me; for I am at the edge of hell alone…’ Thomas Carlyle: I am as good as without hope, a sad old man gazing into the final chasm.’ Gandhi 15 years before his death: ‘I must tell you in all humility that Hinduism, as I know it…entirely satisfies my soul, fills my whole being and I find solace in the Bhagavad and the Upanishads.’ Shortly before his death he wrote: ‘My days are numbered, I am not likely to live much longer, perhaps a year or more…For the first time in 50 years I find myself in the slough of despond…All about me is darkness; I am praying for light.’ Sir Thomas Scott, Chancellor of England: ‘Until this moment, I thought there was neither God nor Hell…Now I know and feel that there are both, and I am doomed to perdition by the just judgment of the Almighty…’ Edward Gibbon, author: ‘All is dark and doubtful.’ Mazarin, French cardinal: ‘Oh, my poor soul! What will become of thee? Whither wilt thou go?’ Thomas Hobbes, political philosopher and sceptic: ‘I am about to take a fearful leap into the dark.’ [1 of 3]
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 23:272 edits
    Sir Francis Newport, sceptic: ‘I know I am lost forever! Oh, that fire! Oh, the insufferable pangs of hell!’All these and more can be seen on a compelling Youtube presentation called 'Famous atheists' last words before dying.' Contrast the above with the words of two men who truly knew God. King David of Israel: ‘Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, Thou art with me.’ Paul the apostle: ‘Oh death, where is thy sting? Oh Hades, where is your victory?...Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.' 1 Cor 15:55,56 'For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.' Philippians 1:21 'For our citizenship is in heaven.' Philippians 3:20 'Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit...' Colossians 2:8 'I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only, but also to all who have loved His appearing.' 2 Timothy 4:7,8 [2 of 3]
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 23:29
    For anyone reading this now, there is hope for you, for the Lord Jesus Christ said: ‘I am the resurrection and the life. He that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.’ (John 11:25) He also said: 'I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.' (John 14:6) The words of the Lord Jesus make many people angry today. They claim they don't believe in Hell, but they get angry at the thought that they might end up there. The teaching of the Lord Jesus was that all men are sinners, all need a Savior, no one is good enough to merit Heaven. That is the reason He had to come and die as a sacrifice for sin, for without the shedding of His holy blood, there would be no forgiveness for anyone. Sin is so terrible, it had to be atoned for, and none of us were good enough to be the sacrifice. Only He was perfect, and His perfect sacrifice paid the penalty for all the sins of every person who believes in Him. Today is the day of salvation, the day when you can put your trust in the Lord Jesus and ask Him to forgive your sins. Nothing is more important. Jesus promised that everyone who puts their faith in Him will have everlasting life and that those who do not believe are condemned. (John 3:16-18) [3 of 3]

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree