Young People and Modern Faith

Young People and Modern Faith

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
17 Dec 06

Originally posted by snowinscotland
Tell me Scottishinnz, what is it that lifts your spirits? What switches you on? What is it that gives you a rush - and I mean longer term, that keeps you going day after day? We all understand the adrenalin rush of snowboarding or waterskiing etc, but there is a deeper kind of satisfaction or contentment; and after reading hundreds of your posts here, ...[text shortened]... been aroused. What is it that switches you on. What keeps you going, and where is it taking you?
The truth. I see where you are coming from though - if there is nothing afterwards, what is the point? Well, sometimes, when I'm feeling a bit down (and we all do from time to time), I do think like that. However, of course, if God doesn't exist, as I posit, then believing in him is really just fooling yourself. Ultimately, I really just live every day for myself, I live to learn, and I live to try and leave a mark that I've been here, through my work, through my friends, through the people who mean something to me.

Does that answer your question?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
17 Dec 06

Originally posted by jaywill
He's has the age old Stand Up Against Jesus adrenaline rush. It can be very addicting, you know?

The very thought of fighting against God can be enormously gratifying to some egos. They become enslaved to it.
Sod off, idiot. I'll speak for myself, thank you.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
17 Dec 06

Yes He would care. You're the one who doesn't care.
Why? Does he feel disappointed when people can't get out of bed because of illness to go to church? Old people, who can't leave their houses. What? They're just not trying hard enough, right? Any God which is such an idiot to care how, where or when people worship him doesn't deserve it.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
17 Dec 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
I don't believe in an omnipresent or omnibenevolent God.
Likewise. In fact, I just don't believe in God.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
17 Dec 06

He's has the age old Stand Up Against Jesus adrenaline rush. It can be very addicting, you know?

The very thought of fighting against God can be enormously gratifying to some egos. They become enslaved to it.
While others prefer to be enslaved to an imaginary superfriend.