You might think I have to do something

You might think I have to do something

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
31 Jan 11

but the reality is I don't have to do anything.

-m.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
31 Jan 11

Originally posted by mikelom

-m.
What is this nonsense........silly talk.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Jan 11

-m.
I could've not answered your post if I wantedπŸ™‚

u
Sharp Edge

Dulling my blade

Moves
01 Feb 11

What do we have to do? I thought we already were doing something...

j
Some guy

Moves
01 Feb 11

Just do it.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Feb 11

Originally posted by joneschr
Just do it.
I already did but nobody noticed.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Feb 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
I already did but nobody noticed.
Do it again or do something else or do nothing, which is still permeating πŸ˜€

u
Sharp Edge

Dulling my blade

Moves
02 Feb 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Do it again or do something else or do nothing, which is still permeating πŸ˜€
"The softest water breaks the hardest stone
carves the block with no effort

that which lacks substance
can enter where there is no space

thus there is strength in non-action

Teaching without words
power of wu wei
beyond the understanding
of the majority"

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Feb 11

-m.
Been there done that. πŸ˜‰

j

Moves
08 Feb 11

Originally posted by josephw
Been there done that. πŸ˜‰
Don't you mean "Been there, didn't have to do that ?"

lol.

F

Moves
08 Feb 11

-m.
I also believe that we have not been issued instructions.

F

Moves
08 Feb 11

I believe that Religion is groups of people saying "We have been issued with instructions, and this is what they are...[insert instructions here]".

I also believe that the first vital step towards finding a genuine autonomous truly life affirming and revelling-in-the-wonder-of-life type spirituality, is to turn to these religionists and say "You might think I have to do something but the reality is I don't have to do anything."

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
08 Feb 11

Originally posted by FMF
I believe that Religion is groups of people saying "We have been issued with instructions, and this is what they are...[insert instructions here]".

I also believe that the first vital step towards finding a genuine autonomous truly life affirming and revelling-in-the-wonder-of-life type spirituality, is to turn to these religionists and say "You might think I have to do something but the reality is I don't have to do anything."
This affirmation that you have nothing to do, is a statement made to convey a message to others, that you are in control and completely free....or at least this is what you want people to believe.

But it is simply a smoke screen to cover the fact that one doesn t know what to do, or what not to do.

Just like those who take the vows of silence because they have nothing to offer.

In fact when one begins to understand their spiritual nature, they realize there is much to do.

F

Moves
08 Feb 11

Originally posted by vishvahetu
In fact when one begins to understand their spiritual nature, they realize there is much to do.
Sounds to me like all you are saying, more or less, is "We have been issued with instructions, and this is what they are...", like all other religionists. The more you have internalized these 'instructions', the more certain you feel, and the more certain you feel, the less your doctrinal assertions mean to persons of a spiritual nature who think for themselves and who believe that there is more to spirituality than seeking 'instructions'.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
08 Feb 11

Originally posted by FMF

"Act only according to that maxim whereby you can, at the same time, will that it should become a universal law."--Kant