YEA! Watching R rated movies lowers faith:

YEA! Watching R rated movies lowers faith:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Nov 13

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Not only watching movies, but Television, news, etc., will weaken a Christians faith.
It is contrary to what God says, it dishes out fears in buckets, and a Christian should watch very little of the garbage that comes across the TV and the theater.

As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. Why fill the mind with fear and doubt?
That's why you should watch it and learn the difference between reality and fiction.
It's a strength that you can pass onto others.

If you want tv to have less (negative)influence on society then dont look away, rather look at it as it were any one of gods creations.
Heck dont look away - look through it.
If you think it harms you then it will. you have a brain which is way superior tech to a tv

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Nov 13

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Trouble is, any chucklehead can put up a website, and write whatever they want on it. I need some screening process to save me from wasting time on BS.

If an article challenges my views and experiences in a way that makes me think "Hmm...interesting. I had not considered the issue from that angle before." then I will probably read further. But if it j ...[text shortened]... sounds like tripe, sorry, as un-egalatarian as that sounds, I'm not wasting any more time on it.
How do you know the 'screener' is not going to put their bias on it?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Nov 13

Originally posted by Great King Rat
Yes, better not expose yourself to anything that might make you doubt. Doubt is bad.
Actually the Zennists think doubt is good. It is said that all adepts reach the "moment of great doubt" before reaching satori.
(It is the way to work one's mind into a state where she can finally relinquish all opposing thoughts and really live in the Now).

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Nov 13

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Let me try and make this simple. Jesus commands me to renew my mind. I am to think on things that are lovely, things of good report, etc.
I am to believe that by his stripes I am healed, I am the righteousness of God in Christ.
How do you suppose confessing or agreeing with what God says, going to flourish by watching the negative junk of the world that is constantly feeding your mind with things that are contrary?
Every moment is new. Even a re-run 😀

Watch some boring movie 20 times in a row with complete unbiased attention and it is possible to glimpse 'the light'.

You are making good and bad with your thoughts, which translates as good and bad in your world. My fave saying is "Is what Is". ie. accept whatever the world throws at you and transform it with your wisdom - dont label and supress it

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Nov 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Things of this world are of this world. They have absolutely zero to do with my faith. If you let the world dictate the direction or 'velocity' of your faith, then it is like allowing your faith to blow with the wind. I have the faith of the mustard seed, unshakable, rooted in good earth, the wind and the rain affect it not. How less so the affairs of man?
But as a human you have more power than any other creation to change us for the better. Sounds like you want to turn your back on "the affairs of men", possibly even wish the bits you dont like out of existence (?).

To me that's a waste.Why? What are you waiting for? to die?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Nov 13

Originally posted by karoly aczel
But as a human you have more power than any other creation to change us for the better. Sounds like you want to turn your back on "the affairs of men", possibly even wish the bits you dont like out of existence (?).

To me that's a waste.Why? What are you waiting for? to die?
There's always one in the crowd that assumes.

It's usually not you, though.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Nov 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
There's always one in the crowd that assumes.

It's usually not you, though.
not quite following you. Could you please give me the idiot version? 🙂

edit: indeed there was much assuming and questioning in my post, but I didn't think i was the only one in the crowd.... (the only one what? )

you see. I'm lost.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
05 Nov 13

How do you know the 'screener' is not going to put their bias on it?
I will 'put' my bias on it.

Infidel

Moves
05 Nov 13

No fear of death.
His own sense of justice based on what he sees and not what others tell him.
Confronting, verbally and physically
seemingly schizophrenic with a method to his madness.

I'll think of some more.

edit: Trevor will punch someone out in the street who hasn't made a peep yet when Michael's daughter is being possibly coerced into som ...[text shortened]... to me that he was slipping and couldn't see straightly as he seemed to in the previous GTA game.
Hmm... interesting. I agree that he retained a sense of humor and also was quite smart.

But there's at least one scene where it's apparent that his brain is actually pretty messed up. I won't say what it is in case you haven't played it yet.

Have you finished the game yet?

I don't know how to hide this, so if you haven't finished the game yet and don't want it to be spoiled, stop reading now.

SPOILER AHEAD
SPOILER AHEAD
SPOILER AHEAD
SPOILER AHEAD
SPOILER AHEAD
SPOILER AHEAD
SPOILER AHEAD
SPOILER AHEAD
SPOILER AHEAD
SPOILER AHEAD

After the final heist, Franklin is forced to make a decision:

Kill Trevor
Kill Michael
Kill neither (this option is called "Deathwish" )

I thought it was interesting that I instantaneously chose option C, and I know that most people have done so. Killing either of them was never an option as far as I was concerned.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Nov 13

Originally posted by Great King Rat
Hmm... interesting. I agree that he retained a sense of humor and also was quite smart.

But there's at least one scene where it's apparent that his brain is actually pretty messed up. I won't say what it is in case you haven't played it yet.

Have you finished the game yet?

I don't know how to hide this, so if you haven't finished the game yet ...[text shortened]... most people have done so. Killing either of them was never an option as far as I was concerned.
I've finished most of it, the final mission before the credits was a bit of a fizzer, bet hey , you cant have it all.

I will try killing trev or mike next time just to see, the options presented for major heists and some missions make it a very re-playable game.

BTW, are you referring to the torture scene?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Nov 13
2 edits

People are always concerned with percentages and numbers. They should read the Bible. In the Babylonian Captivity we read about only FOUR young men who bore such a testimony for God - Daniel and his three companions.

Young Christians should not worry about polls, percentages, numbers, and media hype about what most people are doing.

Get yourself some believing companions, just a few, as Daniel did. Your consecrated life will be used by God to turn the age. Worldly people think nothing can be done except with great numbers.

God can tip that balance of the cosmic scales with a few overcomers who hear what the Spirit says and faithful;y live accordingly.

If the Marines are only in need of a few good men, how much more can God accomplish with just a few who tip the scales of history with their prayers that move God's throne and their testimony.

Young Christians, don't pay attention to media polls and media hype or to see what bandwagon they need to jump on. Serve the Lord with a cleansed conscience. God will use us to bring in His kingdom.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Nov 13

Originally posted by sonship
People are always concerned with percentages and numbers. They should read the Bible. In the Babylonian Captivity we read about only FOUR young men who bore such a testimony for God - Daniel and his three companions.

Young Christians should not worry about polls, percentages, numbers, and media hype about what most people are doing.

Get yourself some ...[text shortened]... to jump on. Serve the Lord with a cleansed conscience. God will use us to bring in His kingdom.
You are pathologically naive.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Nov 13
1 edit

You are desperately unsure.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Nov 13

Originally posted by sonship

Get yourself some ...[text shortened]... to jump on. Serve the Lord with a cleansed conscience. God will use us to bring in His kingdom.
I like this, jaywill.

But it is a matter of faith. The literalists on both sides won't like it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Nov 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
You understand the "how", you grasp it, you fully "get" it. That's great. But you, too, are naive in that you are blissfully unaware of the "why".