Would the end of New York City gladden you?

Would the end of New York City gladden you?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PDI

Moves
07 Jan 15

Sam Harris at 7:30 in this talk

says that about half of Americans would see a portent that the best thing that could ever happen, the return of Christ, is about to happen, if they turned on their television set and saw a mushroom cloud where New York City had been.

Would you be one of those who interpreted the situation that way?

Moves
07 Jan 15
3 edits

Originally posted by Paul Dirac II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXP8MkIokhs

says that about half of Americans would see a portent that the best thing that could ever happen, the return of Christ, is about to happen, if they turned on their television set and saw a mushroom cloud where New York City had been.

Should we care what he says? WHy does he take over an hour to say this?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Jan 15

Originally posted by JS357
Should we care what he says? WHy does he take over an hour to say this?
7:30 is an hour?

Moves
07 Jan 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
7:30 is an hour?
The clickon I got was 1:21:40.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
07 Jan 15

Hogwash

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Jan 15

Originally posted by JS357
The clickon I got was 1:21:40.
An hour and 21. You have more fortitude than I do.

This is why I never click these 'link rants'. You never know what you're getting into.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
07 Jan 15

would anyone care ?

PDI

Moves
07 Jan 15

I posted the YouTube link before I heard the news of the Islamic terrorist act in Paris. The terrorists targeted journalists who dared criticize Islam.

If you only have one minute available, watch 11:00 - 12:00 in the link. It is relevant to the Paris situation.

"It is taboo to push the conversation into criticism of [religious] belief."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jan 15
2 edits

Ah, Sam Harris ... the guy who goes around the world warning that if you believe in Jesus today tomorrow you're likely to fly an airplane into a skyscraper.

Boy!, if you write a book at the right time you can make a fortune!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Jan 15

Originally posted by redbadger
would anyone care ?
I would care, I work less than 40 miles from NYC. Also millions of people in the Eastern seaboard would care, it would cause a hole in US finances we might never recover. To say nothing of killing tens of thousands outside the kill zone. If some cretins did that, there would be all out war on Taliban, Boko Haram and all the others, a million man army would be built.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Jan 15

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure whether what you're saying Sam Harris said is saying it correctly.

Is Harris suggesting that half the Christians in America want to see New York go up in a mushroom cloud? If so he's nuts!

PDI

Moves
08 Jan 15

Originally posted by josephw
To tell you the truth, I'm not sure whether what you're saying Sam Harris said is saying it correctly.

Is Harris suggesting that half the Christians in America want to see New York go up in a mushroom cloud? If so he's nuts!
I used the word "gladden" in the thread title. Harris used the phrase "silver lining." Am I putting words in Harris's mouth? Maybe.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Jan 15

I used the word "gladden" in the thread title. Harris used the phrase "silver lining." Am I putting words in Harris's mouth? Maybe.
At least I give you props for admitting it. That's far more than others who do basically the same thing here. Mostly they just deny they do it.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Jan 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
At least I give you props for admitting it. That's far more than others who do basically the same thing here. Mostly they just deny they do it.
What was this nutter's reasoning for thinking it would be a good thing to nuke NYC? If he thinks it would just destroy the US he is wrong. Since the US leads the world in GNP and a lot of other measures, losing NYC would send the whole world into a recession. Everything is to interconnected now for some act like that to happen where the perp's think their effects would be limited to the country of target.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Jan 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
What was this nutter's reasoning for thinking it would be a good thing to nuke NYC? If he thinks it would just destroy the US he is wrong. Since the US leads the world in GNP and a lot of other measures, losing NYC would send the whole world into a recession. Everything is to interconnected now for some act like that to happen where the perp's think their effects would be limited to the country of target.
I agree with you.

I'm not sure, I didn't watch the video. I usually try not to waste my time with these kinds of video rants.