Witness Lee on the Need for Believing

Witness Lee on the Need for Believing

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
21 Dec 21

@sonship said
@divegeester
What reluctance?
You have repeatedly avoided the question.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Dec 21
1 edit

@divegeester

I only saw it once.
Or I only noticed it once.

I've got several threads here to consider, Sherlock Holmes.
You always imagine I am on the edge of my seat reading only your few spicy
little cracks.

Moves
22 Dec 21
1 edit

@sonship said
@divegeester

I only saw it once.
Or I only noticed it once.

I've got several threads here to consider, Sherlock Holmes.
You always imagine I am on the edge of my seat reading only your few spicy
little cracks.
I’m asking because I suspect, in fact I know that you’re in a cult. But I’m asking you to see if you are ashamed of your cult’s practices, it seems you are too ashamed to answer.

Here is my comment and question once again - I’ll bold it to help you see it:

I have read account of ex Recovery members claiming that they were not permitted to read material which contradicted Lee and/or criticised the movement.

Is this something you have either witnessed or personally experienced?

Moves
22 Dec 21

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Repetition much.
But your entire believe structure is about repetition. Good lord, you can't even read scripture as it was intended. You have to pray read while standing on one leg.

Moves
23 Dec 21

@divegeester said
I’m asking because I suspect, in fact I know that you’re in a cult. But I’m asking you to see if you are ashamed of your cult’s practices, it seems you are too ashamed to answer.

Here is my comment and question once again - I’ll bold it to help you see it:

I have read account of ex Recovery members claiming that they were not permitted to read material which cont ...[text shortened]... ticised the movement.

Sonship don’t you think it looks a little odd that you won’t answer this question?

I have read account of ex Recovery members claiming that they were not permitted to read material which contradicted Lee and/or criticised the movement.

Moves
23 Dec 21

Still avoiding the question, now why would that be I wonder…

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Dec 21
5 edits

I think a question was asked about forbidding to read other materials.
This was probably a trainee from a FTT (Full Time Training) having second thoughts about what he signed to voluntarily participate in. He was probably instructed to stay away from opposing literature during the training - A training to which HE desired to attend, which HE was recommended to and HE voluntarily joined for a period of time.

Usually these college kids signed something agreeing to attend and cooperate with a training curriculum on the healthy Christian practices and preaching the gospel and serving the church.

It last a number of semesters which maximum is two years typically in the US. Attendees agree voluntarily to participate.

Whenever you have an arrangement like this you always run the risk of someone dropping out for some reason. And a change of mind occurs about regulations.
These are training sessions and not general church meetings.

And and yes, sometime, agreed upon cooperation is given second thoughts.

Questions about the Full Time Trainings are fielded often publicly on Internet.
Ie. This is an example not particularly speaking the case raised.

Uni Students - Q&R

&t=52s

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Dec 21
2 edits

Public website with articles dedicated to controversial questions raised about the Lord's recovery and the local churches.

https://shepherdingwords.com/articles/tags/

Keywords (tags) help to locate issues.

Moves
23 Dec 21

@sonship said
He was probably instructed to stay away from opposing literature during the training - A training to which HE desired to attend, which HE was recommended to and HE voluntarily joined for a period of time.
You mean during the indoctrination period?

........Cult.

Moves
23 Dec 21

@sonship said
I think a question was asked about forbidding to read other materials.
This was probably a trainee from a FTT (Full Time Training) having second thoughts about what he signed to voluntarily participate in. He was probably instructed to stay away from opposing literature during the training - A training to which HE desired to attend, which HE was recommended to and HE volunta ...[text shortened]... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkl6YEVCIU4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAAQRXuRsDk&t=52s
Still dodging the question, this time with another pile of swaffle

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Dec 21
2 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You mean during the indoctrination period?

........Cult.
That sounds very cautious, fair and liberal minded of you.
Then again it could be that you just never had anything worth being dedicated to.

Moves
24 Dec 21

@sonship said
That sounds very cautious, fair and liberal minded of you.
Then again it could be that you just never had anything worth being dedicated to.
Still not prepared to answer the question sonship?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Dec 21

I personally think - and this is meant as a general statement and not to anyone or about anyone - that people of faith who are rigid and controlling are not allowing God’s Holy Spirit to work in the life of a believer.

In my Christian walk, I have come across people who are “my way or the highway” types and I’ve always been turned off by them because I believe God’s Holy Spirit plays a vital role in every Christian’s life and for any fallible man to sort of assume complete control over a new Christian and what he or she is exposed to seems (to me) to usurp the Holy Spirit’s role.

I’m not saying guidance isn’t needed, but guidance in the form of advice and being receptive to questions and giving honest answers is different than controlling someone.

I remember as a relatively young Christian, I attended a Thanksgiving dinner with the pastor of my church and some of his family members and the pastor said something that was Scripturally inaccurate. Someone corrected him and he seemed offended and upset that his authority had been challenged.

This is what I’m getting at. For a Christian, his or her authority is the Holy Bible. It’s not a pastor or deacon or priest. It’s the Bible. Men are fallible and prove it every day. The Bible isn’t fallible. I trust the Bible and I trust God. I don’t trust men and don’t rely on men for the truth.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Dec 21
4 edits

Particular teaching sessions for volunteers goes back to Acts 19:9 at least.
Paul took certain opened ones in his audience away from hecklers and gave them
special attention in an environment of his arranging free from opposition.

Acts 19:9 - "But when some were hardened and would not be persuaded, speaking evil of the Way before the multitude, he withdrew from them and separated the disciples, reasoning daily in the school of Tyrannus. And this took place for two years, so that all those dwelling in Asia heard the word of the Lord, both Jews and Greeks."

Of course he could not force these groups to stop listening to his opposers.
He could certainly recommend it strongly to them.

Christians workers have done similar for centuries.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Dec 21

@sonship said
Particular teaching sessions for volunteers goes back to Acts 19:9 at least.
Paul took certain opened ones in his audience away from hecklers and gave them
special attention in an environment of his arranging free from opposition.

[b]Acts 19:9 - "But when some were hardened and would not be persuaded, speaking evil of the Way before the multitude, he wit ...[text shortened]... d certainly recommend it strongly to them.

Christians workers have done similar for centuries.
I think the difference here is that the Apostle Paul, who wrote most of the New Testament, had a direct encounter with the Resurrected Jesus Christ on the Road to Damascus and was personally selected by the Resurrected Christ to deliver His Gospel to the Gentiles.

“But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.”

(Galatians 1:11-12)

“And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.

And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,

And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.

Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.

But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.”

(Acts 9:10-16)

Let’s not equate the Apostle Paul with Witness Lee and Watchman Née.