1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 14:04
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Are you rebelling against Brahmin?
    Brahmin doesn't exist. Your argument rests on attacking a straw man. You're free to believe the God of the Bible doesn't exist.

A couple of days ago I finally viewed the videos in the OP after I saw this thread emerge with a post by sonship. I went further and viewed several more besides. The narrator seemed to be sound relative to the scriptures as he clearly articulated his argument against what he believes is a cult.

I heard him loud and clear since I too was a member of a local church that based its teachings on a narrative of scripture that hinged on a dogma that left a mountain of truth buried, but the scriptures prevailed and I was awakened.

This isn't to say that those in that church are any less Christian, or that I don't consider them brothers and sisters in the Lord. Although I will never go back under that form of systematic theological teaching again.

Having said all that, I would advise sonship to have a closer listen to what that former follower of Lee has to say, and possibly experiment with what was said by testing his local
    church with the ideas expressed in the videos.

After all sonship, you know how I have taken exception to some of the language and ideas you've expressed here on several occasions relative to the clear narrative of scripture.

God's Word is inerrant, infallible and immutable. Any deviation from the text is dangerous.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 14:46
    @secondson said
    Brahmin doesn't exist. Your argument rests on attacking a straw man. You're free to believe the God of the Bible doesn't exist.

A couple of days ago I finally viewed the videos in the OP after I saw this thread emerge with a post by sonship. I went further and viewed several more besides. The narrator seemed to be sound relative to the scriptures as he clearly articulate ...[text shortened]... ture.

God's Word is inerrant, infallible and immutable. Any deviation from the text is dangerous.
    You are right of course to highlight the danger of Sonship's deviation from scripture (trying to squeeze man into the trinity for instance) but you misread the Brahmin reference. It merely highlighted the absurdity of Sonship saying I was rebelling against a God I didn't believe in. - As he didn't believe in Brahmin he was, be his only reasoning, rebelling against such a deity. (Which of course is a nonsense).

SonShip is just one of those Christians who refuses to believe somebody genuinely does not believe in God. For him, I have to be in denial or fear or open rebellion.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 16:16
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You are right of course to highlight the danger of Sonship's deviation from scripture (trying to squeeze man into the trinity for instance) but you misread the Brahmin reference. It merely highlighted the absurdity of Sonship saying I was rebelling against a God I didn't believe in. - As he didn't believe in Brahmin he was, be his only reasoning, rebelling against suc ...[text shortened]... mebody genuinely does not believe in God. For him, I have to be in denial or fear or open rebellion.
    Yes I probably did misread your reference, but I did understand your intent.

Sonship aside, and what he thinks with regards to his accusation about your rebellion, taking what the Bible says, it's a forgone conclusion that your denial of your creator places you squarely in that camp.

It doesn't matter what I think. The scriptures say man was created in the image and likeness of God. That means that God is imprinted on our being. That doesn't mean we are gods. It means that at our core we are conscious of the idea we were made.

But things being as they are man strives in his fallen state to erect mental walls to shut out the knowledge of God from our consciousnesses.

I know you're not buying that, but if there is a God, then the logic I'm asserting is true.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 19:16
    @secondson said
    Yes I probably did misread your reference, but I did understand your intent.

Sonship aside, and what he thinks with regards to his accusation about your rebellion, taking what the Bible says, it's a forgone conclusion that your denial of your creator places you squarely in that camp.

It doesn't matter what I think. The scriptures say man was created in the image and l ...[text shortened]... sses.

I know you're not buying that, but if there is a God, then the logic I'm asserting is true.
    "The scriptures say man was created in the image and likeness of God. That means that God is imprinted on our being. That doesn't mean we are gods."

Yes, and I accept that as the traditional Christian position. Sonship however has spoken of man being the same 'species' as God (his word) and comes on the back of Witness Lee stretching the trinity to encompass a 4 in 1 deity, which included man.

My 'rebellion' comparison still stands. Sonship telling me I am rebelling against God is no less nonsensical than me saying he is rebelling against Brahmin.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 19:44
    Don't worry Sonship, in Hinduism there is no special punishment for not believing and no eternal hell/torment for non-believers.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 21:04
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Sonship however has spoken of man being the same 'species' as God (his word) and comes on the back of Witness Lee stretching the trinity to encompass a 4 in 1 deity, which included man.
    That is problematic.

But there is this; for the first time in eternity the DNA of man, in the person of Jesus Christ, is sitting on the throne in heaven.

I think it extra biblical to suggest that man, the creation of God, is made a member of the Godhead. I find that nowhere intimated in the Bible.

God will always be the giver, and man the receiver. Forever. Albeit there is the mystical union between man and God.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 21:09
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Don't worry Sonship, in Hinduism there is no special punishment for not believing and no eternal hell/torment for non-believers.
    Couldn't karma be thought of as a punishment of sorts?

The delay of moksha as it were?
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 21:141 edit
    @secondson said

If one does not expect or seek moksha, then how can there be disappointment?

I hope you're not a punishment fetishist. 😉
  9. Joined
    01 Jan '20
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 07:36
    We need to know about this movement
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 09:23
    @secondson said

Ah, but we are all subject to karma, believers and unbelievers alike. In this context belief during one incarnation is less important as one may go on to be a believer in the next.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 09:24
    @aginsons1993 said
    We need to know about this movement
    Why?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 09:45
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Why?
    I have a drone hovering over Aginsons1993's house watching his movements. It may give us something that helps answer your question.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 09:50
    @fmf said
    I have a drone hovering over Aginsons1993's house watching his movements. It may give us something that helps answer your question.
    Not all his movements I hope?

😲
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 09:57
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Not all his movements I hope?

😲
    Correct. We use seismometer readings cross-checked with bathroom flush data for certain movements.
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 13:30
    @caesar-salad said
    I hope you're not a punishment fetishist. 😉
    Would you consider self denial a punishment? ✝️

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree